Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

3 posters

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future - Page 14 Empty Re: Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:24 am

"MORE THAN A DECADE HAS PASSED SINCE I NAMED YOU WOLF-FRIEND. ALMOST AS LONG AGO, ABOMINABLE ENERGIES ERUPTED FROM THE PEAK OF MOUNT TOWERIDGE, WARPING EVERYTHING IN NATURE AND RELEASING ABHORRENT MONSTROSITIES! YOUR FRIENDS AT THE ARX FOUGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, BUT EVENTUALLY EVEN THEY WERE LOST! THE CITY OF UMBRAFALL HAS FALLEN! THE WIZARDS THREE ARE HELD CAPTIVE THERE!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future - Page 14 Empty Re: Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Post  Glitz Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:27 am

Elodie looks at Jeremiah. "'The Wizards Three'? We must go to them!" She turns to look back at Mhora. "Wolf Mother, what of you and your family? Where do you live? Have you entered the fallen town of Umbrafall lately?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:37 am

"MY FAMILY IN THIS VALLEY HAVE BECOME MONSTERS, LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE! MY KIN ELSEWHERE RETREATED FAR ENOUGH TO AVOID THE CORRUPTION! MY TERRITORY IS LARGER THAN ALL OF THE FIVE REALMS!"

"I SELDOM VENTURE INTO THE CITY, BUT I HAVE BEEN WATCHING FROM AFAR. ALL THAT REMAINS OF THE PEOPLE OF UMBRAFALL IS A TINY GROUP OF REBELS, HOLED UP IN THE MOUNTAINS, AT THE VERY SPOT WHERE YOU SLEW JARIGOR, THE GIANT! IF YOU INTEND TO RESCUE THE WIZARDS THREE, YOU WILL NEED THEIR HELP! I CAN TAKE YOU TO THEM, IF YOU WISH!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:39 am

Elodie nods. "Yes. Let's go." She turns to Jeremiah and Gumphrey. "What do you think?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:14 am

Enraged by the news Jeremiah agrees to meet up with the rebels.

"I was tasked with protecting this city and its people, we must destroy this corruption."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:39 pm

"AS YOU WISH," answers the Great Wolf Mother.

And before a moment passes, you find yourselves on the very hilltop where you spied on Jarigor's camp so many moons ago. Looking down at the same location where Jarigor's giants once made camp, you see a ragtag band of humans gathered together in some sort of military camp. Various "warriors" occupy the camp, sitting together around number of campfire and surrounded by an army of tents. A heavy wooden door has been constructed at mouth of the main cave with armored guards on either side. Elodie recognizes the guards as members the same mercenary band as Suzet.

The Great Wolf Mother than says, "I WILL NOT VENTURE INTO THE HUMAN CAMP, BUT I WILL KEEP AN EYE ON YOU FROM AFAR."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Aug 24, 2015 7:07 pm

Jeremiah will start heading towards the camp with the party. When he reaches the camp...

"Permission to enter the camp... I am Captain Jeremiah Laqueus, slayer of Giants and Dragons traveling in the company of the Gumphrey the "Shadow Man" and Elodie the "Wolf Friend". We wish to speak to the leader of this rebel camp!"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:08 am

"What?! Captain Laqueus? We thought you died a long time ago! What ... what happened to you three?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:11 am

"We got lost in a different plane of existence when we chased down the evil wizard that was controlling the dragons in the area. What happened here while we were gone?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:12 am

"Dragons? What? I don't know anything about that, but I remember when you lot defeated the giants. I was just a boy then. Several months later, there was a strange explosion of light at the peak of Mount Toweridge. Afterwards, the trees and animals started to change. They attacked us, too, but it was the strange monsters that were the real problem. The Wizards Three called them abhorants. Those three tried to help us. They kept claiming that you lot would undo the mess somehow, like it never happened. That was years ago. Now, they're captives inside the city, which we were forced to abandon."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:08 am

"Peculiar indeed. I am not sure what caused all this trouble, but I am surely going to put a stop to it. We need to be caught up on whatever intelligence you have been able to acquire on the corruption, the surrounding area, whats in the city and where the wizards are being held captive. Once we're up to speed we can put a plan together. Any thoughts on this Elodie?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Aug 30, 2015 11:18 am

"The more information we have, the better. After we've been brought up to speed, maybe we can sneak into the city to attempt to communicate with the wizards. It sounds as if they have some kind of plan, but they need us to put the plan into action."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Aug 31, 2015 3:29 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Peculiar indeed. I am not sure what caused all this trouble, but I am surely going to put a stop to it. We need to be caught up on whatever intelligence you have been able to acquire on the corruption, the surrounding area, whats in the city and where the wizards are being held captive. Once we're up to speed we can put a plan together. Any thoughts on this Elodie?"
Elodie wrote:"The more information we have, the better. After we've been brought up to speed, maybe we can sneak into the city to attempt to communicate with the wizards. It sounds as if they have some kind of plan, but they need us to put the plan into action." 
"Well, as far as intelligence goes, I think I should let the commander fill you in."

The soldiers lead you toward the heavy wooden door that covers the cave. As they walk through the camp, they yell out. "THREE CHEERS FOR THE BAND OF FOUR, RETURNED TO SAVE US FROM THE CALAMITY THAT HAS BEFALLEN THIS LAND!"

"HUZZAH!"
"HUZZAH!"
"HUZZAH!"

"THREE CHEERS FOR CAPTAIN LAQUEUS!"

"HUZZAH!"
"HUZZAH!"
"HUZZAH!"

"THREE CHEERS FOR LADY ELODIE!"

"HUZZAH!"
"HUZZAH!"
"HUZZAH!"

"THREE CHEERS FOR THE SHADOW-MAN!"

"HUZZAH!"
"HUZZAH!"
"HUZZAH!"

By the time you reach the door, half the camp has gathered around, yelling at the tops of their lungs, their voices echoing through the camp.

And the heavy door bursts open as a muscular woman in black armor barrels out of the cave. "What is all this noise?"

You immediately recognize the commander as Suzet, though she has aged tremendously since you last saw her.

Following closely behind her, you see Halvar Dent and Lindy Garvin, dressed in the same black armor and sporting crimson capes. Neither of them is young, these days, but that's not the worst that has befallen them. A nasty scar crosses Lindy's face, while Halvar is missing an entire arm!

The soldiers bend to one knee as these three walk amidst the crowd.

Suzet, Lindy, and Halvar look at you three and gasp.

"Jeremiah? Is it really you?"
"Elodie? What is this? You haven't aged a day."
"Oh, joy! We thought you were dead. Poor, poor Talmut. He always said you would return."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Sep 01, 2015 7:02 am

"Yes, we have returned from the outer planes. Let us reminisce later, there is work to be done."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:14 pm

"Work?" Suzet asks. "What work? What are you planning? And how can we help?"

After the party explains their intention (to enter the city and rescue the Wizards Three), Suzet continues. "The wizards are bound inside the ruins of the Vicereine's palace. Most of the palace has crumbled, leaving the old audience chamber open to the sky. That's where the wizards are. They're chained to the pillars with some strange sigils on the floor beneath them. The chains are unbreakable."

Halvar adds, "an' the streets're filled with monsters that have tentacles and a bunch of mouths and mismatched eyes."

"Creatures of the Far Realm," Lindy explains. "Talmut said they came through with the divergent and convergent energies that exploded from Mount Toweridge."

Suzet goes on. "The gates have fallen and the walls are crumbled in spots. So, you won't have any trouble getting in ... but the streets are crawling."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:28 am

"Elodie, what do you think about using the dragon orbs to help clear a path to the old audience chamber? I'm not sure how they work but do you think its worth a try?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:53 pm

Elodie will hug her old friends before the planning begins. At Jeremiah's question, she says, "How can we use the dragon orbs, aside from controlling dragons? It is possible that that is our best option, but I am not eager to be hated by all of dragonkind."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Sep 05, 2015 5:10 pm

"Perhaps we could strike a deal; in return for their assistance we will destroy the orbs. Some may hate us already for how many of their kind we have slain. I am open to suggestions though..."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:24 pm

"So, you're suggesting we only use the Orbs to locate the dragons," Gumphrey asks, "and then ask the dragons to help us?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:28 pm

"I suppose we could do that, but I don't want to be the one using the orb, if someone else is willing to do so. Maybe we can find the dragons without using the orbs." Elodie looks at Lindy, Suzet, and Halvar. "Has anyone seen any dragons, lately?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 07, 2015 5:48 am

"Only Miphelgara," Lindy says. "He touched base about a week ago."

Suzet turns to Lindy, "Miphelgara is a dragon?!"

Halvar nods. "... but he knows where to find others. He told me so."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:11 am

Halvar wrote:"... but he knows where to find others. He told me so."

"Ahh, its good to hear Miph is still alive.  We should find him regardless of the recruitment plan. Did he say where he was going to be or when he would return?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:15 pm

"Yeah. He he was headin' to Jotun Valley to check on the other dragons, but he said he'd be home in a week. He lives at the peak of the Serpentcoil, now. He's probably there."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:12 pm

"Well, that's probably the best place to start. We should set out early in the morning."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:20 am

"Agreed."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 17 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next