Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

4 posters

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Go down

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

Post  Swifthand Mon Jul 07, 2014 5:55 pm

Talmut signs the document.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:44 pm

OOC: I know everyone is still working to level-up their characters, but are we done in town? Are you all ready to head back to the Arx? Or did I forget something? There is still a little left to do at the end of this chapter, before the downtime begins. 
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Jul 08, 2014 5:28 pm

Talmut wants to recruit troops to defend the Arx...how would I go about that?  How many guys did the Arx hold? I seem to remember you saying 20-25.  If I understand correctly, Jerimiah is not directly leading the troops anymore and those guys are now out of a job?  If that means some of the bad-asses he trained want jobs, I start with them, especially ones that served at the Arx already. Could Jeremiah and I just go around and ask the best 25?
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Talmut wrote:Talmut wants to recruit troops to defend the Arx...how would I go about that?  
OOC: He could ask the Chancellor for a list and then go to their homes, he could put a flier somewhere, or he could send a crier around town. Or some combo thereof.
Talmut wrote:How many guys did the Arx hold? I seem to remember you saying 20-25. 
OOC: 36
Talmut wrote: If I understand correctly, Jerimiah is not directly leading the troops anymore and those guys are now out of a job?  If that means some of the bad-asses he trained want jobs, I start with them, especially ones that served at the Arx already. 
OOC: Jeremiah is no longer leading any of the Vicereine's troops but has the authority to gather his own army. Some of those guys will be returning home (to their old jobs), but some will stay with the military. Certainly, that is a good place to start.
Talmut wrote:Could Jeremiah and I just go around and ask the best 25?
OOC: Sure, let's say eleven of them stayed with the Vicereine's army, meaning that 25 are heading home. Talmut and Jeremiah can certainly approach them with an offer. Probably some will jump at the opportunity, especially if you make them a reasonable offer.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:36 pm

"Jeremiah, do you have any objection to us recruiting your trainees as troops to defend the Arx?  If not, will you aid me?  They will have trouble rejecting the hero that took Jarigor's head!"
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:40 pm

What would be considered a reasonable offer?  Mal, would you prefer to wonk this out when I get home Friday or Saturday over Skype or on person? If so, I have no objection to heading on back to the Arx, per your last query.  I have a bunch to ask you concerning taxes and farms and stuff anyway, and it gets a bit much to post...

Last edited by Swifthand on Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:44 pm

When Talmut next see's Flint, he will give the shield-man his bonus.

"Well fought, my friend - your loyalty is appreciated!"
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:48 pm

Elodie will go look for Lindy when she leaves the Chancellor's office. She will explain her new position, and ask if she would be willing to serve as her assistant for 12 gold pieces a week.

GM Edit: OOC: Changed "12 gold pieces a month" to "12 gold pieces a week," per our discussion.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:17 pm

Jeremiah would be happy to help Talmut fortify the Arx with troops. However, he will not be heading back to the Arx right away due to business in town he still needs to handle. We should see if Halvar would like keep his rank as well and act as interim commander while we are away.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:24 pm

After the discussion with the Chancellor Jeremiah will head back to the adventurers guild to look over the magic wares. If nothing new has been added to there goods, he will go through with the purchase of the ring. He will try to haggle the price down now that he has gained renown in the town.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:40 pm

Talmut wrote:What would be considered a reasonable offer?  
OOC: They make about 10 gold a week (each) at their regular professions, so at least that much.  If you allow a settlement to sprout up around the Arx, the taxes you raise will eventually pay for the soldiers AND whatever maintenance is necessary. I want to handle this with as little book-keeping as possible, so you'll probably only have to pay them until the next chapter starts. After that, we'll gloss over the money management and allow a simple dice roll to determine you personal profit.
Talmut wrote:Mal, would you prefer to wonk this out when I get home Friday or Saturday over Skype or on person? ... I have a bunch to ask you concerning taxes and farms and stuff anyway, and it gets a bit much to post...
OOC: I prefer to do in the forum (that way everything that happens in the game is recorded for posterity), but if you really want to do it on Skype we can (I'l just type it all out afterwards). Feel free to post any questions.

OOC: You did put out a request for a general craftsman, so he might be at the Arx already. If so, you will need to negotiate his pay, too, but we'll handle it just like the soldiers (except that his base pay between this chapter and the next will be more like 25 gold a week (give or take).

Last edited by Malazek on Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:42 pm

Talmut wrote:When Talmut next see's Flint, he will give the shield-man his bonus. "Well fought, my friend - your loyalty is appreciated!"
"Thanks, Talmut! Really! It has been my pleasure. I look forward to shielding you for many years to come."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:45 pm

Jeremiah wrote:After the discussion with the Chancellor Jeremiah will head back to the adventurers guild to look over the magic wares. If nothing new has been added to there goods, he will go through with the purchase of the ring. He will try to haggle the price down now that he has gained renown in the town.
"Well, you know," the old man says, "haggling is illegal. The Crafts Guild forbid it. If you buy that ring, though, I guess I could give you one of the potions as a gift. Just don't tell anybody."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:32 am

Elodie wrote:Elodie will go look for Lindy when she leaves the Chancellor's office. She will explain her new position, and ask if she would be willing to serve as her assistant for 12 gold pieces a week.
Lindy accepts. "Yes, of course! I'll let the Chancellor know."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:48 pm

"Sounds good, and I'll keep this between the two of us."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:02 pm

OOC: In RE to slow progress this week ...

OOC: I know Elodie has done all she's going to do before we "fast-forward" between chapters.

OOC: Jeremiah and Talmut wanted to talk to the soldiers who were returning home (specifically those who were part of the original Jotun Invaders). You will probably want to go to the Chancellor to get a record of where they live. Then, you could either A) send a runner to invite them to your army, or B) go door to door and talk to them individually, or C) something else, if you have an idea you like better.

OOC: After that, Jeremiah is staying in Umbrafall, correct? He wants to study with the Chancellor and also at the library?

OOC: After that, Talmut will probably have to return to the Arx to find out whether his general craftsman is there. If so, he'll need to negotiate his terms of employment.

OOC: Whoever goes to the Arx (Talmut or whoever goes with him) will need to distribute Opals to the first Squadron. The assistants are supposed to give Halvar his bonus. And also, Jeremiah had suggested offering Halvar as permanent position as second in command of the troops.

OOC: Swifthand is still out of town, so we probably won't get all of this done before the weekend.

OOC: Once all that is done, we can fast-forward to the next chapter. During that time, Elodie and Talmut will probably craft items and Talmut will probably research spells.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:40 pm

Jeremiah will head to the chancellors office to get the list of the troops for recruitment. He will then hire a runner to go door to door requesting their service. For the people who are interested they are to report at the Arx for assignment.

OOC: Mal you are correct, Jeremiah plans on staying in town for a while.

Last edited by Alpha Omega on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:22 pm

Talmut will join Jeremiah at the Chancellor's to obtain the troop list. "Shall we go see the Jotun Invaders and make our case personally, Jeremiah?  We should let them know that their families and friends are welcome, too.  Also, let's leave word at the Toad and with a town crier that people are welcome to move to the Arx."  Once that is done and the we have the list of Arx defenders, he and Flint will head back to the Arx to take care of other business.  Once there, he will distribute the opals and make the offer to Halvar.

Before he leaves town, Talmut goes to speak with the remaining assistants and Elodie.

"Do any of you wish to take up residence at the Arx?  I know we spoke of brooching this subject once the giant emergency was done, and the offer stands."

OOC - Talmut will accept any reasonable offer for a room at the Arx from his friends, or allow them to stay rent free until they figure out an alternative plan.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:24 pm

Talmut wrote: "Shall we go see the Jotun Invaders and make our case personally, Jeremiah?  We should let them know that their families and friends are welcome, too.  Also, let's leave word at the Toad and with a town crier that people are welcome to move to the Arx."

"Yes. More the merrier as I see it."

Jeremiah will inquire with the Chancellor about the taxidermy as well, to see if he was able to find a craftsman.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will head to the chancellors office to get the list of the troops for recruitment
Talmut wrote:Talmut will join Jeremiah at the Chancellor's to obtain the troop list.
Lord Winter gladly supplies the requested list.
Talmut wrote:Before he leaves town, Talmut goes to speak with the remaining assistants and Elodie. "Do any of you wish to take up residence at the Arx?
Lindy answers. "Thank you, Talmut! I might take you up on that. With the new job, I imagine Elodie and I will have to make several trips between Umbrafall and the Arx. It would probably behoove us to stay in both locations, from time to time ... but that's up to her, of course. Elodie?"

"Of course! I go where you go," Flint answers.

Glory says, "I'll have to check with Gumphrey. I'm still in the Vicereine's employ and tasked with assisting him as you lot explore all the ruins."
Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will inquire with the Chancellor about the taxidermy as well, to see if he was able to find a craftsman.
"Well no, not yet ... but I have someone in mind. I promise you, it will get done."
Talmut wrote:"Shall we go see the Jotun Invaders and make our case personally, Jeremiah?  We should let them know that their families and friends are welcome, too.  Also, let's leave word at the Toad and with a town crier that people are welcome to move to the Arx." 
Jeremiah wrote:""Yes."
First,  the Jolly Toad; Jeremiah and Talmut inform the Buckleys and all of their customers that the Arx is welcoming new residents.

Second, a town crier; for a single silver piece, you hire a young lad to spread the word.

Third, the home of the first soldier on the list ... a modest home right here in the city, build above the blacksmith's shop. As you enter the store, the blacksmith's apprentice looks up from his work. With a beaming smile, he exclaims "Captain Laqueus ? Lord Xispur? What are you doing here?" You recognize him immediately as one of the Jotun Invaders.

- OOC: We'll role-play this first one and then montage the rest with a die roll.
Talmut wrote:Once that is done and the we have the list of Arx defenders, he and Flint will head back to the Arx to take care of other business.  Once there, he will distribute the opals and make the offer to Halvar.
OOC: We'll play this out after the scene at the first recruit's home.
Elodie wrote:If no one volunteers to take Halvar's share, Elodie will give it to the assistants and ask Lindy, Glory, and Flint to make a trip to the Arx to see that he gets his bonus.
OOC: The assistants agreed to carry Halvar's share, but none have actually left the City, yet. Since Flint will be the first to head back, he is the one taking Halvar's gold.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:29 am

Apprentice wrote:"Captain Laqueus ? Lord Xispur? What are you doing here?"

"I have come to recruit you to be part of my standing army in charge of defending the Arx and its surrounding lands. Your welcome to bring your family and friends, or any tradesmen you may know. We will be developing a new community there so everyone is welcome. You will be compensated for your service, and you're more then welcome to continue to practice your craft in your off time. What say you?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:05 am

Nodding at Jeremiah's offer, Talmut adds, "Given a choice, we would rather have no others defending the Arx than the Jotun Invaders.  We envision a martial brotherhood."
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 12, 2014 7:24 pm

Talmut wrote:"Do any of you wish to take up residence at the Arx?  I know we spoke of brooching this subject once the giant emergency was done, and the offer stands."

Lindy wrote:"Thank you, Talmut! I might take you up on that. With the new job, I imagine Elodie and I will have to make several trips between Umbrafall and the Arx. It would probably behoove us to stay in both locations, from time to time ... but that's up to her, of course. Elodie?"

"Lindy is right, a split between both locations would probably be ideal--I want to spend a month here in town studying a few languages and crafting, and then I would love to come join everyone at the Arx before we leave for our winter journey. Would 10 gold pieces a week be a fair rate, Talmut?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 12, 2014 8:25 pm

Elodie will craft the following items while in town:

Belt of Physical Might +2 (Dex & Con) - 5 days, 5000 gp
Headband of Inspired Wisdom +6 - 18 days, 18000 gp
Bag of Holding Type I - 1 day, 1250 gp

She will also craft the following potions:
Potion of Lesser Restoration (CL 3) x5, 2 hours per potion, 750 gp

That's a total of 25 days (assuming the potions are split into two days) of crafting.

OOC: Also taking requests...
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 12, 2014 9:23 pm

During her time in Umbrafall, Elodie will utilize whatever resources she has access to to study the Royal Nar language. She will also study the Jotun language, as she suspects that the Band of Four may not be entirely done dealing with giants. Finally, she studies the Terran language, so that she will be able to communicate with the creatures that live in the forests nearby. 

She will also attend fittings for new clothing, at the Vicereine's request.

Before she leaves town, she purchases the following spell components:
-Oils and herbs, 2000 gp
-Diamond dust, 500 gp (2 uses)

Once she travels to the Arx, she continues to hone her skills. She spends large portions of the day prowling around the surrounding hills in wolf form. Once she is capable, she anoints her horse, Egan, with oil and casts a spell on him that gives him human-like sentience.

Cast Awaken on Egan.

OOC: Swift, I believe you were interested in this spell a few chapters back--I finally have access to it, if you are interested! 2,000 gp for spell components. 

Elodie also makes sure to pay Talmut 10 gold pieces a week while she is staying at the Arx (40 gold in total, if the group leaves on time, according to the Vicereine's schedule).
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 21 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next