Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

4 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants - Page 21 Empty Re: Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

Post  Malazek Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:29 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"I have come to recruit you to be part of my standing army in charge of defending the Arx and its surrounding lands. You're welcome to bring your family and friends, or any tradesmen you may know. We will be developing a new community there so everyone is welcome. You will be compensated for your service, and you're more then welcome to continue to practice your craft in your off time. What say you?"
Talmut wrote:Nodding at Jeremiah's offer, Talmut adds, "Given a choice, we would rather have no others defending the Arx than the Jotun Invaders.  We envision a martial brotherhood."
"Yeah! That sounds great! I'll have to check with Pa, though. How much did you say the compensation was?" After his question is answered, the young man excuses himself to go make sure his aging parents will be okay. He returns with his back packed and ready to go. "I accept! Thank you for the opportunity, Captain and Lord."

Throughout the day, Talmut and Jeremiah have similar conversations with other former Jotun Invaders who have returned him. Some are right here in the city, bust of are out in the surrounding hills and farmlands. It takes the better part of the day to speak to them individually, but in the end they manage to recruit 23 of the 25 candidates. All of the recruits are both talented and battle-tested, but they also bring with them a variety of crafts and professions. In addition to the men-at-arms, 34 friends and family members will accompany them to the Arx (all of whom will be looking to build a farm, open a shop, or the like). Some of the recruits will make the journey to the Arx immediately, others promise to report for duty in a day or two.

- Diplomacy Check = (d20 -2 Chr +2 Renown +3 Generosity +2 Stronghold +2 Aid +2 Former C.O.) = 23
- Additional Folk = (d4-1 per recruit) = 34

By the time Talmut is ready to head back to the Arx, it is already dusk. He should make it just after nightfall. The journey should be relatively safe, however, because he has half a small army riding with him. Jeremiah, on the other hand, will be staying in Umbrafall, for now.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants - Page 21 Empty Re: Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

Post  Swifthand Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:10 pm

O.O.C. - Languages Talmut will be learning during downtime...

Sylvan
Royal Nar
High Daxon
Arkonian
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:05 pm

O.O.C. - Now that the opals have been distributed to the troops, do we want to sell the rest and split the money?

O.O.C.2 - Just about done leveling up; just need feats, spells learned, and finalize my money sitch.

"10 gold pieces a week is more than fair, Lady Elodie, and I would very much like you to Awaken Nakkamtu.  Let me get you the reagents."

Talmut retrieves the 1000 gold worth of reagents to perform the Awaken spell (from the guild hall, as long as it is o.k. that I answered Elodie prior to leaving town).
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Elodie wrote:She will also attend fittings for new clothing, at the Vicereine's request.
The seamstresses and tailors in the Vicereine's employ create six beautiful dresses for Elodie, each a different color.
- OOC: Add 6 Noble Outfits to your possessions.
On her last visit, they ask Elodie "Will Lord Talmut or Sir Jeremiah be coming for a fitting? Sir Gumphrey has already come."
Elodie wrote:Cast Awaken on Egan.
Talmut wrote:Talmut retrieves the 1000 gold worth of reagents to perform the Awaken spell (from the guild hall, as long as it is o.k. that I answered Elodie prior to leaving town).
- OOC: We'll role-play this at the start of the next chapter.
Talmut wrote:O.O.C. - ... opals ... do we want to sell the rest and split the money?
- Someone can easily find time to do this between chapters. They sell for 38000 gold (so that's 9500 for each of you).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:51 pm

- OOC: Last orders of business for this chapter ...

When Talmut arrives at the Arx, he finds that two small farmhouses have already been built, and the foundations of several more are marked off and awaiting construction. A moment later, he spots a score of folks sitting around a campfire drinking ale and eating a modest meal of bread and cheese. Most of Captain Drake's company has left; only a single squad remains.

As he rides closer, he hears the voice of Halvar "Lord Talmut approaches! Open the gates!"

- OOC: I think offering Halvar a job and interviewing/hiring the general craft-master are the last things on the agenda?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Jul 14, 2014 4:28 pm

After the recruitment Jeremiah will go to the vault and withdraw the payroll for the troops being garrisoned at the Arx. As of now the calculations are 4600 gold, not including Halvar, for the first four months. He with withdrawal an additional 240gp for Halvar, assuming he will accept 12gp a week. One day during the week Jeremiah will head out to the Arx to negotiate a wage with Halvar and give him payroll.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:31 am

Alpha Omega wrote:One day during the week Jeremiah will head out to the Arx to negotiate a wage with Halvar ... assuming he will accept 12 gp a week.
"12 a week? Yes, sir! Thank you. I'll send a rider back to inform the Chancellor."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:42 am

GM to Talmut wrote:Talmut ... finds that two small farmhouses have already been built, and the foundations of several more are marked off and awaiting construction ...
- OOC: ... and interviewing/hiring the general craft-master are the last things on the agenda?
Once Talmut is inside the keep, and dismounts Nakkamtu, Halvar rushes over to him. "Talmut, sir ... the Craftmaster arrived yesterday. Did you see him? He's been waiting for you outside and helping the families build homes."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Jul 15, 2014 2:15 pm

"I did see the crowd.  Will you join me for introductions?  Is there any supper left?  I could use something - I have not eaten since lunch."
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:06 pm

Talmut wrote:"I did see the crowd.  Will you join me for introductions?  Is there any supper left?  I could use something - I have not eaten since lunch."
Halvar answers, "Really? Yeah, I'd like that. And I'm sure we can get some dinner together for you, first."

Halvar gets together two plates of roast pheasant and two bowls of corn chowder and sits with Talmut while he eats. He asks about the fight with Jarigor and about the meeting with the Vicereine. Once he is caught up and the meals are finished, he says "You ready to meet him?"

Next, Halvar leads Talmut back outside where the crowd was previously gathered with their bread and cheese. Those folks are no longer seated, but instead are back to work, finishing one of the newly constructed houses. Halvar approaches a brawny old man and says "Hey Acker, this is Lord Talmut-Xispur, Son of the Fourth House of Nu'ul, Lord of the Arx. Lord Talmut, this is Acker Balderman, Master of Crafts." The old man kneels to one knee, and says "My Lord, it is a pleasure to meet you. I hope we can arrive at a mutually beneficial arrangement."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:49 pm

"The pleasure is mine, Master Balderman!  Please, stand up - I am new to my position and care not for it's affectations!  I see you have begun construction; I am a bit of an engineer myself, and would love to share ideas with you about the future of the Arx Scorpulus, but, I get ahead of myself - do you have a moment to negotiate your terms, good sir?"

O.O.C. - Talmut will give the new construction an appraising eye and try to gauge the quality of Master Balderman's work.  If it seems satisfactory, Talmut will offer him 25gp/week.

After negotiations are complete, Talmut will go around to the newcomers and personally introduce himself, welcoming each to the Arx.  That completed, it will be most likely bedtime!
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:45 am

Talmut wrote:"I am a bit of an engineer myself, and would love to share ideas with you about the future of the Arx Scorpulus"
"Yes, of course! Actually, I do have some questions for you, regarding communal structures. So, I'm glad to hear that you're versed in such matters."
Talmut wrote:Talmut will give the new construction an appraising eye and try to gauge the quality of Master Balderman's work.  If it seems satisfactory, Talmut will offer him 25gp/week
Talmut takes a long look at the new buildings and cannot find a single fault with the construction. These homes will less many decades, or more. Although they aren't fancy, the are certainly solid.

Acker agrees to 25 gold a week. "Yes, assuming that I get to choose one of these homes for myself, 25 gold a week will be plenty."
Talmut wrote:After negotiations are complete, Talmut will go around to the newcomers and personally introduce himself, welcoming each to the Arx.  That completed, it will be most likely bedtime!
The people are eager and pleased to meet their feudal lord. That congratulate Talmut and thank him for the opportunity. Many of them request to be given specific lots in the surrounding land, most of which haven't even been built upon yet.

- OOC: We'll just assume Talmut handles the administrative aspects over the course of the next two months.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:48 am

GM wrote:The seamstresses and tailors in the Vicereine's employ create six beautiful dresses for Elodie, each a different color. (OOC: Add 6 Masterwork Noble Outfits to your possessions). On her last visit, they ask Elodie "Will Lord Talmut or Sir Jeremiah be coming for a fitting? Sir Gumphrey has already come."
OOC: Are Talmut and/or Jeremiah going to get fitted for new clothes? The Vicereine's tailor will have clothes made for them either way, but if you skip the fitting then the tailor will have estimate your proportions (in theory, he should be a master of his craft, so the clothes would still fit). Hehe, I half expect you to show up at the palace in your raggedy adventuring clothes. 

OOC: If you don't get fitted, you will still be given six noble outfits. If you do, they will be Masterwork Noble Outfits. (Elodie and Gumphrey have Masterwork Outfits).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:55 am

OOC: I am ready to begin the next chapter, but it will have to wait until I get home from work.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jul 16, 2014 6:22 pm

Jeremiah will get fitted for the dress attire. I'm assuming he will be instructed as such during his lessons with the Chancellor.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Jul 16, 2014 7:30 pm

Things Talmut does in the Downtime...

1. Talmut gets fitted. 

2. He takes the time to finish copying his spells into his Blessed Book and then sells his old spellbook (takes entire spell copying time plus  7 days of crafting time).
  3. He cast Secret chest on the chest that the Arx Scorpulus codex is in.

4. He attunes the Staff of the 2nd House of Nu'ul  as his bonded item. (takes 1 day of crafting time)
  5. With the 6 weeks and 6 days left of crafting time Talmut will upgrade his Clasp of Natural Armor to +4, his Cloak of Resistance to +4, his Bracers of Armor to +6, and craft a Pouch of Holding (Type 1) and a Headband of Intellect +2.  This costs 34,750gp and takes 35 of the crafting days.
  6. Copy his level up 6th and 7th level spells into his Blessed Book.
  7. With the 13 crafting days of 8 hours a piece (104 hours), Talmut will copy additional spells into his Blessed Book. (Working on this, will edit.)
  8. Sell Morton the Mage's Spellbook and split the gold with the Band of Four.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:01 pm

Talmut wrote:Talmut gets fitted.
Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will get fitted for the dress attire. I'm assuming he will be instructed as such during his lessons with the Chancellor.
The Chancellor did remind Jeremiah. Also, the Vicereine mentioned it previously.

- OOC: Add six Masterwork Noble Outfits to your gear. These include tailored clothes made of expensive fabrics with lots of accessories. They are a little gaudy compared to your usual attire, but it's not as pretentious as some clothes you've seen. Since they are masterwork, they grant a +2 bonus to social rolls when dealing with nobles.

-OOC: Also, add one Cold Weather Outfit (Elodie, too). This includes a wool coat, a wool cap, thick pants and shirt, and heavy boots (granting a +5 bonus to fortitude saves made to resist cold weather). This is mostly for the ride.
Talmut wrote:Sell Morton's Spellbook and split the gold.
8000 gold (so, 2000 each).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21