Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

4 posters

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants - Page 11 Empty Re: Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

Post  Malazek Fri May 30, 2014 4:24 pm

Gumphrey wrote:"I don't enjoy looking like a Dwarf ... or BEING a Dwarf, actually."
"A Dwarf?" the Captain, exclaims. "I thought you were just a short guy; I didn't even know Dwarves were real!"
Gumphrey gives her an angry look and says "They're not." 
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants - Page 11 Empty Re: Adventure #5 - March of the Frost Giants

Post  Glitz Fri May 30, 2014 4:39 pm

OOC: Does Elodie hear Gumphrey's ungrateful comment?
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri May 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Glitz wrote:OOC: Does Elodie hear Gumphrey's ungrateful comment?
OOC: No.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri May 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Elodie thanks Lindy and then heads to the meeting room. "Evening, everyone. No more giants in the area so far," she reports.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri May 30, 2014 6:09 pm

Gumphrey wrote:"That's fine with me, but do you mind if I wear that Chameleon Crown, then? I don't enjoy looking like a Dwarf ... or BEING a Dwarf, actually."

"Yes, that trade sounds good to me. Are there any objections to this?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Fri May 30, 2014 6:24 pm

Talmut has no issue with that magic item allocation and smiles when Elodie enters the room.  "Good to see you back safe, Lady Elodie."

Talmut bows low in greeting to the newcomers.   "Hello and well met.  I am Talmut-Xispur, Son of the Fourth House of Nu'ul, and Deputy of the Vicerene's Court.  Captain, this communique is yours."  At that, Talmut hands over the scrollcase.  "I thought it best I inform you of my meeting with the Chancellor personally, as well as my subsequent encounter with the villains knows as the Blackbirds."  The Conjuror shares the tale of his last few hours with the others before concluding with, "So, we are due back to Umberfall early tomorrow morning.  The Vicerene has allegedly specific plans involving us concerning the giants." 
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri May 30, 2014 6:57 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"Yes, that trade sounds good to me. Are there any objections to this?"
As soon as Gumphrey gets the crown, he puts it on and makes himself look exactly like his former self ... well, maybe not exactly. You think he looks taller than before. And maybe a little more muscular? You can't be sure.
Talmut wrote:"Captain, this communique is yours."
Captain Drake takes the scroll-case and steps back from the table a pace. She cracks the seal, pulls out the scroll, quickly reads it, rolls it up again, and stuffs it back into the case. "Yes, so, my orders say to stay here with the troops, while you return to the city ... but they also say not to take command of the keep, so you'll need to choose a steward to handle things in your absence (you should probably choose someone who is not enlisted, otherwise they will be under my command). Hopefully, by the time you return, the danger will have passed and we can all go home."
Talmut wrote:The Conjurer shares the tale of his last few hours with the others before concluding
"Very well," the Captain adds, "Does that mean you will be transporting the prisoner, as well?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri May 30, 2014 7:03 pm

Elodie is startled to see Gumphrey as a human. "Gumphrey, did you die and get brought back again?" 

When Talmut introduces himself, Elodie will also step forward and introduce herself. She then says to Talmut, "I am glad that you escaped, and even managed to capture a prisoner and bring back some loot! As far as what remains, if no one else wants any of it, I'm okay with selling off the rest--although it would probably be wise to divvy up the potions."

Once the Captain has read the scroll and shared the orders, Elodie says, "If we are to meet with the Vicereine early tomorrow morning, we will probably need to leave early, as well. In that case, I should probably get some sleep--it has been an eventful day!"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Fri May 30, 2014 7:18 pm

"Yes, we will take the prisoner to face justice tomorrow."  Talmut hands Elodie, Gumphry, and Jeremiah one of the four Potion's of Moderate Wounds.  "Who for steward?  We could ask Maius - he handled himself very well against the Blackbirds."
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri May 30, 2014 7:27 pm

"Yes, Maius! Although I am sure the patrons of the Jolly Toad will miss his enchanting songs...but he can entertain the troops!"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat May 31, 2014 10:14 am

"Yes, I think Maius would be a good steward."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sat May 31, 2014 11:05 am

Assuming Gumphry also agreed - At everyone's acceptance of Maius's nomination, Talmut offers to go retrieve him so that the group can make their offer.  "I will invite him for an evening smoke atop the Arx.  To clear the mind before bed, If any of you will join me."

Talmut then goes to find Maius and ensure he is getting settled in his room.

"I hope you find the accommodations suitable to your liking, my friend.  Thank the gods for your support out there on the Old Road.  Your quick thinking with the Silence spell may have sealed it.  Join me for an evening smoke atop the Arx?  It is quite a sight up there, and we have much to discuss."

Once everyone who wants to be there is convened atop the Arx, happily piping away....

"When I first asked you to join us here, it was as an entertainer, but now need demands that we beg further assistance from you.  The Band of Four are being called to duty by the Vicerene, and we need someone we trust to manage things here.  You were our first choice, albeit a convienient one, considering you are already here."  At that Talmut laughs at his own joke before quickly, almost awkwardly, assuming his usual dour visage.  "Will you accept the position of Steward of the Scorpulus Arx, Sir Maius the Confounder?"
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat May 31, 2014 6:05 pm

Talmut wrote:Assuming Gumphry also agreed 
He does.
Talmut wrote:"When I first asked you to join us here, it was as an entertainer, but now need demands that we beg further assistance from you.  The Band of Four are being called to duty by the Vicerene, and we need someone we trust to manage things here.  You were our first choice, albeit a convienient one, considering you are already here."  At that Talmut laughs at his own joke before quickly, almost awkwardly, assuming his usual dour visage.  "Will you accept the position of Steward of the Scorpulus Arx, Sir Maius the Confounder?"
Maius is flattered and grateful for the offer, but inquires to the nature of his stipend, before agreeing to anything. When told of the keep's tenuous legal situation, he quickly figures out that the Arx is not receiving a war-chest from Umbrafall. Since there is no surrounding settlement, she isn't earning any local revenue, either. So, instead, he asks to be given "half a share" of any booty the adventurers make while he is managing their affairs at the Arx. If everyone agrees to this wage, then he agrees to be steward; if not, he is open to further negotiation.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat May 31, 2014 9:54 pm

Elodie, not in the most sound financial situation, is a little concerned about the wage that Maius is requesting. "Maybe we should wait until we have met with the vicereine to finalize these decisions...after all, it's possible that we may be back here tomorrow afternoon, in which case we could watch over the Arx ourselves. Or it's possible we'll be sent away for years and years...and in that case, I don't see the point in this financial burden--no offense, Maius."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:18 am

Jeremiah will join the group at the top of the Arx.

OOC: Maius getting 1/9 of the loot is fine, but to be honest we can give him whatever we want. He wouldn't know the difference anyway...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:09 am

Talmut takes a long pull on his pipe, blows smoke rings, and then pulls out his brandy flask for a sniff before offering it to the others.

"To be frank, the reconstruction and supplying of the Arx has been my affair and done at my expense, and I certainly did not intend to enmesh anyone in it's responsibilities, especially if that is not your desire.  I traveled here from the Fabled Lands to seek out the lost secrets of the Augustine Empire, and I believe I will find no better place than that of an ancient Augustine stronghold from which to conduct that business - especially one so outfitted for magical summoning and experimentation.  I know you share some of my passion for those histories, Maius, and so I thought this opportunity would suit you. I will be glad to pay you myself, my friend - your knowledge will only aid me in my studies.  I could offer you 50 gold per month, plus room and board here at the Arx, to be renegotiated yearly.  Does that seem fair?"

The wizard continues, with a smile.

"That being said, there will always be a place at my hearth for the Band of Four, regardless of where that hearth may be."

Last edited by Swifthand on Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:25 am

Convinced by Talmut's reasoning, Maius agrees to the terms and expresses his eagerness to participate in the research.

Gumphrey adds, "Thanks, Talmut! I appreciate the open invitation! It means a lot to me."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:29 am

Elodie agrees with Gumphrey, adding, "I would be happy to pay room and board at the ziggurat while we are here, if this is to be the arrangement. That seems more than fair!"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:48 am

At Elodie's suggestion of payment, Talmut waves a dismissive hand.

"I appreciate the offer, but, as you said, I think we may be busy for some time away from here.  We can discuss such things when we return, if you wish?"

If all issues are settled, Talmut will spend a bit of time touring the walls and meeting the sentries with another bowl before turning in.  (He likes to know those watching his back, after all...)
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:57 am

"That sounds like a reasonable suggestion, Talmut." 

Elodie yawns loudly. "Unless anyone else has anything else to discuss, I am going to retire for the evening...the past 24 hours have been very eventful, and I didn't get a full night's sleep last night--and who knows what will happen tomorrow?"

Unless someone stops her, Elodie will return to her room and get ready for bed.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:01 am

I removed 50 gp from my character for the 1st month.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Jun 01, 2014 5:41 pm

Jeremiah will head to bed as well.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jun 01, 2014 6:09 pm

The night passes without incident.  Everyone sleeps soundly, knowing there are sentries on the wall and friendly troops in the field.

By the time you wake in the morning, the soldiers are in the midst of a gradual shift change. Breakfast is ready and waiting for them, as pairs of soldiers are either starting their day or finishing their night. n faint aura of light illuminates the skyline behind the mountains, but the sun itself has still not climbed above the Angers. As a result, the surrounding hills appear dim and muted, but not dark as they do at night. A chill hangs the air and you can see your breath, evidence that winter is only a few weeks away.

As the party clears the sleep from their eyes, they see that Maius already has their horses ready (fed, watered, and saddle) for the ride back to Umbrafall.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:10 pm

Talmut studies his spells, and when he see Maius, he will inform him of the request for a general craftsman at the guildhall and leaves an additional 20 gold to secure services, if necessary.

"Flint - will you and the others retrieve the prisoner for transport?  We can hog tie her to the back of someone's horse - any volunteers?"

Are all 8 coming?  The Band of Four plus assistants?  Also, I don't think anyone answered the DM question of 'what do we do with Morton the Mage's body'.  What is appropriate (Knowledge: Religion)?  I prefer caern/burn, and will ask someone to do it, if it has not been taken care of already.

Last edited by Swifthand on Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:22 pm

OOC: I don't know about the other assistants, but as Sergeant, Halvar should stay with the troops.

OOC: Burning and burying are both common practices in the Realms. Burials are more common in the Umbrafall region (they are also more common in the Fabled Lands and in Kelbany, where Talmut and Elodie are from ... but Burning is more common in Danmar, where Jeremiah is from). 
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 21  Next