Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:07 pm

OOC: Also, I'm calling that the end of a "session" .... everyone add 3 XPs to their character sheets. Also, you recover 1 HP and 1 AP from sleeping, as usual; plus half your max APs for starting a new "session." 

Last edited by Malazek on Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 20 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:09 pm

Gemma wrote:Once the night has passed, she will wake up, nibble on a piece of jerky from her pack, and head to the dock to wait for the rest of the party.
Gemma and her sibs are now standing on the docks, waiting for the others to join her.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Wed Jul 20, 2016 4:47 pm

When Drakor wakes he will head down and give the menu a look. Drakor will order a porridge for himself and take a seat across from Merrill. "mornin." Drakor says to Merrill.
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Jasmine carefully pushes the cart over the hewn log bridge leading to the deck. She looks for an authoritarian figure of some type and nods, checking in. "I'm Jasmine, and this is my twin, Iris. What she lacks in hardiness and manual labor I'll make up for both of us. So keep me busy, yessir?"

She makes her way over to Gemma. "Thanks for scoring us the ride," she says. "It's been awhile since I've been on the water. Hope I can keep my landlegs. Er...is that right? Waterlegs? Ach, never mind."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:39 pm

Felix goes with coffee only.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:04 pm

zappo168 wrote:She makes her way over to Gemma. "Thanks for scoring us the ride," she says. "It's been awhile since I've been on the water. Hope I can keep my landlegs. Er...is that right? Waterlegs? Ach, never mind."

"Well, he's still going to charge everyone, but he promised a discounted rate. I wasn't sure how to divide up the rate and didn't want to get involved in party finances, so I figured everyone would sort their tab out this morning. Shouldn't be more than a coin or two per person, though. At any rate, you shouldn't need to worry about your land-or-water-legs, it's a short ride over to Buckfield."

"The captain's name is Zalam. He'll get you squared away."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:05 pm

Merrill will head over with the group when ready.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:21 pm

Jasmine wrote: She looks for an authoritarian figure of some type and nods, checking in. "I'm Jasmine, and this is my twin, Iris. What she lacks in hardiness and manual labor I'll make up for both of us. So keep me busy, yessir?"
Gemma wrote:"Well, he's still going to charge everyone, but he promised a discounted rate. I wasn't sure how to divide up the rate and didn't want to get involved in party finances, so I figured everyone would sort their tab out this morning. Shouldn't be more than a coin or two per person, though. 
"Yes," the short and swarthy Zalam agrees, "I doubt there are many ships left this morning with room enough for ten passengers and a dog. Those that do remain will undoubtedly ask for 22 coins (maybe 23 or 24) to transport so many ... I originally offered Gemma a rate of 17 coins for the lot of you. She has since given me 5 of those, leaving only 12 coins for the rest of you. That includes the dog. That's about a coin and half a piece."

"If you are truly willing to work (and help us unload our cargo in Buckfield), then I supposed we could knock another coin off that total; 2 or 3 coins, maybe, if a few of you are willing to work ... but we cannot afford to go cheaper than that much. What say you?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:01 pm

As the morning sun rises Thane will awake from his slumber realizing he passed out in the stables with Bragundir. As he wipes the sleep from his eyes he will nudge Bragundir.

"It's time to go. I think we are to meet the party at the docks."

...pulling some of the food from his pack..

"I guess we should eat this on the way, I don't want to be to late."

OOC: I will subtract 2 coins worth of the jerky and sausage from Thanes pack.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:14 pm

Taryk yawns and stretches as he descends the stairs and orders a porridge and coffee, which he promptly slurps down in an effort to be off and down to the docks, hopefully before the ladies arise. "Been a long time since I been on a ship. It's high time for sea adventure!" he remarks to anyone who cares.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed Jul 20, 2016 10:27 pm

"Well said, my friend. Off to the docks we goeth!"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:46 am

Merrill wrote:Merrill will head over with the group when ready.
Drakor wrote:When Drakor wakes he will head down and give the menu a look. Drakor will order a porridge for himself and take a seat across from Merrill. "mornin." Drakor says to Merrill.
Thane wrote:It's time to go. I think we are to meet the party at the docks."
...pulling some of the food from his pack..
"I guess we should eat this on the way, I don't want to be to late."
Taryk wrote:Taryk yawns and stretches as he descends the stairs and orders a porridge and coffee, which he promptly slurps down in an effort to be off and down to the docks, hopefully before the ladies arise. "Been a long time since I been on a ship. It's high time for sea adventure!" he remarks to anyone who cares.
Felix wrote:"Well said, my friend. Off to the docks we goeth!"
"Woa," the captain says. "That's a much bigger 'dog' than I expected."

Once the rest of the group assembles at the docks, the captain repeats the terms he listed for Jasmine and Iris.

Stepping closer to the warg, he whispers something to Bargundir and then steps away with a smile.
Captain Zalam wrote:"Yes," the short and swarthy Zalam agrees, "I doubt there are many ships left this morning with room enough for ten passengers and a dog. Those that do remain will undoubtedly ask for 22 coins (maybe 23 or 24) to transport so many ... I originally offered Gemma a rate of 17 coins for the lot of you. She has since given me 5 of those, leaving only 12 coins for the rest of you. That includes the dog. That's about a coin and half a piece."

"If you are truly willing to work (and help us unload our cargo in Buckfield), then I supposed we could knock another coin off that total; 2 or 3 coins, maybe, if a few of you are willing to work ... but we cannot afford to go cheaper than that much. What say you?"
- OOC: I'll let you guys figure out how to split the remaining cost. You can reduce the cost if some of you are willing to work (during the voyage and then again when they unload in Buckfield). Depending on how many of you want to work, the remaining cost will be somewhere between 9 and 11 coins; split between the remaining eight of you.*

*The Sables have already paid a higher share, meaning that Jasmine, Iris, Thane, Bargundir, Felix, Drakor, Merrill, and Taryk must split what's left. Most of you will only pay 1 coin, but since the total can't be evenly split, some of you will need to pay 2 coins. I suggest that whoever is willing to work be among those who pay a single coin, but that's up to you.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Thu Jul 21, 2016 7:07 am

"One and a half..." says Jasmine, "I'll put my strong shoulder to the task and earn part of my sister and my fare, if there are no objections." She nudges Iris for the remaining coin, her coffers currently bare.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:59 am

" I'm willing to work, especially if it reduces my costs"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:38 pm

"Will this suffice for all of us?"  Felix says, handing the cap'n a lapis lazuli.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:15 pm

Felix wrote:"Will this suffice for all of us?"  Felix says, handing the cap'n a lapis lazuli.
"Oh yes, most definitely," Captain Zalam says with wide eyes. "Please, make yourselves at home! Help yourselves to the salted fish and the rum, while you're at it!"

Quickly, he leads you all up the gangplank and onto the ship.

"Allow me to introduce you to some of the crew: this here is Bahara, Samm, and Karsha. Over there is Nazar, my quartermaster, and Qat Qatar, the boatswain. Now, if you'll follow me ..."

He leads you below deck (to a very cramped space) and introduces you to one last member of the crew.

"Finally, this here is Stretch. He's the cook, carpenter, medic, and chief bottle-washer. He'll see to your needs during this short voyage."

"Ahoy," Stretch responds. "Your wolf can rest here, where we sometimes keep horses or other livestock. If any of you get tired, there are two extra cabins here with bunks and hammocks in each. And finally," he says, leading you toward the back of the ship, "we have set up a card table back here, for you to pass the time." You see that six barrels have been arranged like chairs, around a small circular table with nothing on it but a stack of cards.

Zalam adds a final comment. "This journey will not take very long. I expect us to arrive by morning."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:23 pm

Thane will find a hammock to call his own for the voyage and set his gear next to it. He will then help himself to some salted fish.

"Anyone want any of this fish? How about you Brag?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:40 pm

Thane wrote:Thane will find a hammock to call his own for the voyage and set his gear next to it. He will then help himself to some salted fish. "Anyone want any of this fish? How about you Brag?"
"Sure," Bargundir says. "I'll try some."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:18 pm

Jasmine makes a disgusted noise, leaving Thane and Bragundir to their shared meal. She walks back up to the deck, looking for a spot where she and Iris can sit together. "I wonder how rocky we'll get," Jasmine thinks out loud. Her hardy stomach has never given her much of a problem on seafaring journeys, but Iris's can sometimes be tricky.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:05 am

- OOC: Futboldude21586 still cannot log on with his phone, so he asked me to post this ...

At Northwind's Sails ...

Waking in the morning, Iris purchases porridge, taters and eggs for herself and her sister, knowing what a sea voyage can do to empty stomachs. (-4 coin) Upon reaching the docks, and Felix paying the rest of the voyage costs for the party, Iris turns to him.

Later, on the docks ...

"Thank you, Felix. Wodana has certainly blessed you with kindness. Please accept these 3 coins." Iris attempts to hand him 3 coins to cover her and Jasmine's share.

Aboard the Thunderfish ...

Once everyone is aboard, Iris will take to a cabin and stay there, out of the way, until they reach port, unless her healing skills are needed en route.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:01 am

Gemma will find a spot near Merrill or Felix (both, if possible). "Either of you fancy a game of cards? Stretch, how about you? Maybe Felix will bet another one of his pretty trinkets, I'm sure he has lots..." she teases. "Or maybe Felix will sing us a seafaring ditty. About seagulls or something, right?"

If anyone wants to play, Gemma will try to learn the rules of whatever is being played and follow along as best as she can. If no one seems interested, she will continue to try to make small talk with Stretch.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:02 am

Shortly after everyone has boarded, the Thunderfish sets sail toward Buckfield!

- OOC: Please, feel free to RP a little -- I will advance things a little later today.

- OOC: Also, if everyone could please roll a d10 for me. (Jasmine and Thane can add +2 to this roll).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:05 am

OOC: Here's my roll...
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:05 am

The member 'Glitz' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:59 am

+2
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 38 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 29 ... 38  Next