Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

4 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 30 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:42 pm

"OK, lets just get back to camp and we'll divvy up the loot there."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 30 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:19 pm

Elodie reaches for the ring. "Thanks, Gumphrey! This is great. Sounds like you had a successful trip."

Jeremiah wrote:"OK, lets just get back to camp and we'll divvy up the loot there."

"Do you mean, back to the Prince's? Or back to the castle?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:55 pm

Dungeon Master wrote:... an army of footsteps approaching. Just as the Prince and his men come crest the hill ...
The entire raiding party (or what remains of it) rides under the cover of night back to the Prince's camp. By the time you reach the stables, it is easily midnight. Tired and weary, the men stable their horses and begin piling the loot into carts, like the ones you saw when you first arrived. Prince Leon approaches the party and yawns, "On these raids, each man usually keep just one prize, and the rest goes back to the capital. That's how we fund this war. So whether you fought, healed, or pillaged ... you take one treasure from the enemy and leave the rest on the cart." Bleary eyed, the prince then waddles toward the keep, clearly ready for bed.

Gumphrey looks around and says, "I didn't pillage anything. So, how do I get my own treasure? Do I just take it from the cart?"

One of the soldiers wandering by answers him. "Yes, Sir Gumphrey. Just head over there and help yourself to whatever one item you would like."

"Yes, I think I'll do that," the Shadow Man says, hurrying toward the carts that are filling with treasure.

Miphelgara-Talmut hesitates for a moment, with a gleam in his eye, before finally running after Gumphrey to get his "share." Jeremiah recognizes the weakness for what it is; a dragon's lust for treasure hoarding.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:41 am

Jeremiah looks to Miphelgara...

"Miph...Talmut, you can go ahead and take my share. This battle was about the glory for me!"

looking over to Elodie now....

"Besides, the bow Gumph found is good enough for me..."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:58 pm

"Gumphrey is certainly a valuable asset to the Band of Four...I can't wait to see that bow in action!" Elodie responds to Jeremiah.

Elodie will follow Miphel-Talmut over to the treasure pile.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:46 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah looks to Miphelgara ... "Miph...Talmut, you can go ahead and take my share. This battle was about the glory for me!"
Miphelgara-Talmut nods toward the bow. "I think the Prince will consider THAT your share."
Elodie wrote:Elodie will follow Miphel-Talmut over to the treasure pile.
Having has already chosen his prize, Gumphrey smiles at his companions as they approach the carts. He helps Miphelgara-Talmut find a particularly valuable necklace and then points Elodie toward a beautiful striped-wood harp with gold inlay. "Those will fetch the highest prices."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jan 30, 2015 11:07 pm

"If any one needs me I'll be over there. I'm gonna relax and have a smoke.."

After the group has picked over the cart, Jeremiah will make make camp for the night.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jan 31, 2015 8:57 am

"Thanks, Gumphrey!" Elodie pulls the harp from the pile and strums it lightly a few times. "Well, shall we get settled for the night? Haven't had to camp under the stars in a while..." She heads toward Jeremiah, giving him space for his shelter while starting to work on one for herself. After she is done, she will check with Gumphrey and Miphelgara. "Do either of you need any help?"

After she assists Gumphrey and Miphelgara, if they need it, she will look around and see if anyone near the camp is roasting anything on a campfire.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Feb 01, 2015 11:09 am

Jeremiah wrote:"If any one needs me I'll be over there. I'm gonna relax and have a smoke.."
After the group has picked over the cart, Jeremiah will make make camp for the night.
Elodie wrote:"Well, shall we get settled for the night? Haven't had to camp under the stars in a while..." She heads toward Jeremiah, giving him space for his shelter while starting to work on one for herself. After she is done, she will check with Gumphrey and Miphelgara. "Do either of you need any help?" After she assists Gumphrey and Miphelgara, if they need it, she will look around and see if anyone near the camp is roasting anything on a campfire.
As the Band of Four settles in, the Prince wanders over to them. "Truly, the Band of Four is every bit as rugged as the rumors say. Foolishly, I assumed you would sleep inside, but I should have known. Very well, good night! I will see you at breakfast."

Elodie watches the soldier's camps from afar and smells a variety of meats being roasted all around her. She also picks up the scents of roasted vegetables, griddled breads, and even some mixed stews. The odor of ale is everyone, wafting over all but the strongest smells.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:52 am

After smoking Jeremiah will say goodnight to the party and get some sleep. He will refrain from eating tonight to save his appetite for breakfast.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:38 pm

The Prince wrote:Foolishly, I assumed you would sleep inside, but I should have known. Very well, good night! I will see you at breakfast.

"Well, we didn't want to intrude. Also, we want to be seen as part of your troops, not like privileged, spoiled guests. We would be honored to join you for breakfast in the morning. Sleep well!"

After everything is set up, Elodie will wander over to the fire with the most generous-looking group and attempt to mooch a hunk of meat off of them, for Phaastia.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Jeremiah wrote:After smoking Jeremiah will say goodnight to the party and get some sleep. He will refrain from eating tonight to save his appetite for breakfast.
Jeremiah drifts off quickly. Though the night air is surprisingly cold compared to the dry, hot sun of the daytime, it is still comfortably warm compared to warmest nights back home. Miphelgara sees that Nekkamtu is well fed and watered, before unrolling Talmut's bedroll and going to sleep himself. Gumphrey, however, wanders off.
Elodie wrote:"Well, we didn't want to intrude. Also, we want to be seen as part of your troops, not like privileged, spoiled guests. We would be honored to join you for breakfast in the morning. Sleep well!"
The Prince looks taken aback. "Well, yes, of course. Good night, then."
Elodie wrote:After everything is set up, Elodie will wander over to the fire with the most generous-looking group and attempt to mooch a hunk of meat off of them, for Phaastia.
Elodie wanders around the camp for a few minutes, checking out the camps to determine who looks "the most generous-looking." With keen insight, she locates a sizable group that seems to welcome all comers. As she approaches, the call out "Lady Elodie! Join us, please! We have good food and better drink."

After she takes a seat on one of the logs in front of the fire, the men quickly deliver to her a plate of food and a mug of ale.

One of the men asks of her, "Lady Elodie, would you mind retelling us the tale of how the Band of Four defended the Arx from the armies of giants? And subsequently, how you were able to defeat the Mighty Jarigor?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:24 pm

Elodie holds out a piece of meat for Phaastia while she tells the men about the battle at the Arx, and Jarigor's defeat. She will make friendly conversation with them as well, asking them about their time fighting in the Prince's war. After a reasonable amount of time (and after Phaastia has eaten her fill), she will thank them for their hospitality and return to her shelter.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:42 am

Elodie slowly drifts off. Sometime during her twilight sleep, she becomes vaguely aware that Gumphrey, too, has returned.

As cold as the night gets here, it is warm again before the sun's rays are visible. Accustomed to crawling out of bed with the sun, Jeremiah and Elodie are the first to awake; Gumphrey opens his eyes a minute later. Miphelgara-Talmut and Phaastia are still sound asleep. Aware that you've only had a few hours of sleep, you are nonetheless wide awake.

Listening to the sounds of the camp, you know that the most of the soldiers remain asleep; only a handful of guards and clerics remain alert, moving about the camp to tend to their comrades.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Feb 06, 2015 10:57 am

Jeremiah will smoke on his pipe for a little while to give the princes cooks time to get breakfast together. While he is smoking he will start to get all of his stuff packed up and ask Elodie if she needs a hand.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:50 pm

"No, I'm all set," Elodie will say when Jeremiah offers to help. "After breakfast, are we ready to head back to the castle? I'm not necessarily eager to go on another 'raid' today."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:46 pm

The Band of Four is packed and ready before most of the soldiers have even crawled from their bedrolls ... but by the time Miphelgara is ready (and disguised again as Talmut), you can smell the food being prepared by the mess-cooks. When you reach the stables, you find the horses (Egan, Nekkamtu, and Ol' Bekkie) are already awake, as well (Stony doesn't sleep).

With you gear properly stowed upon the saddles, you ride up toward the keep proper, but find it dark and quiet. Here, too, only the prince's servants and guards are moving about. The guards, of course, recognize you and let you in.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:57 pm

"Is the Prince awake?" Elodie asks the guards as they enter. "We were hoping to head back to the castle soon, and want to say a proper goodbye."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:08 pm

Elodie wrote:"Is the Prince awake?" Elodie asks the guards as they enter. "We were hoping to head back to the castle soon, and want to say a proper goodbye."
"Oh, no, I don't think so, Lady Elodie," the guards answers, "the Prince rarely emerges from his chambers this early. I wouldn't expect him for an hour or two."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:29 pm

...shaking his head...

"Well I guess we have to find something to do for the next couple hours."

Jeremiah will pull his pipe out and begin to smoke.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:43 pm

While they wait, Elodie will ask Phaastia about her life before being sold at the market.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Elodie wrote:While they wait, Elodie will ask Phaastia about her life before being sold at the market.
Sadly, Phaastia claims to have been hatched in captivity, passed from collector to merchant, until Elodie found her. The only life she has ever known has been in a cage.
Jeremiah wrote:...shaking his head... "Well I guess we have to find something to do for the next couple hours." Jeremiah will pull his pipe out and begin to smoke.
Time passes slowly. Gumphrey is restless, pacing back and forth through the lobby. Miphelgara-Talmut falls asleep on one of the benches.

A couple of hours later, the keep begins to fill with people. An hour after that, it is as packed as when you first arrived, yesterday morning. One of the advisers happens to be passing through the lobby and sees you waiting there. "Oh, there you are! The Prince has been looking for you. You should go meet him in the banquet hall! A breakfast feast has been prepared to celebrate your visit!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:11 am

Jeremiah will tie up his horse and wake up Miphelgara.

"Looks like breakfast is ready. Lets eat and get this over with, we need to get back to our own mission."

He will then follow the advisor in.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:47 am

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will ... wake up Miphelgara. "Looks like breakfast is ready. Lets eat and get this over with, we need to get back to our own mission." He will then follow the adviser in.
The adviser leads you through the same door, but points you to a pair of double doors further down the hall. As you approach the doors, you hear the din of many voices from the other side. Swinging the doors open, you find a rather sizable banquet hall filled with soldiers ... who erupt with applause as you enter. The Prince claps his hands together and yells over the cheering crowd, "GOOD MORNING! Come, come!"

The crowd quickly silences as the Prince continues to speak. "Allow us to thank the Band of Four for blessing our humble camp with their heroic presence! Let us feast in celebration, before they head back to the homeland!!"

As you move past the many tables where soldiers are sitting, you see and smell the food that has been prepared for your: eggs prepared many ways, many varieties of sausages and breads, and of course bacon. Casks of ale and mead grace every table, and it's clear the men have already started drinking.

When you reach the Prince's table, on a dais at the far end of the hall, you find a similar set-up, with the addition of fruit bowls and cakes. "Thank you," the Prince says, "for inspiring my men and eating with me one last time before you head back. Be sure to tell my sister of all the glories we are earning down here ... it will drive her mad with envy! Ha!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:45 pm

Jeremiah will politely nod to the prince before he sits down and pigs out on all the various breakfast foods.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next