Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

4 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 29 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:28 pm

Jeremiah will make his way over to the old man and girl and try to get them out of the fray.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 29 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:11 pm

Elodie will stay in the courtyard, keeping an eye out for Gumphrey or injured troops. If she sees anyone with a serious injury, she will use her wand to heal them.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:50 am

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will make his way over to the old man and girl and try to get them out of the fray.
When Jeremiah helps the elder move, he notices that the old man has been slashed across the chest. He is struggling the breathe while slowly bleeding out. The young girls looks like she could be his granddaughter. The sounds of battle clang through the halls as the officers continue to shout for more loot.
Elodie wrote:Elodie will stay in the courtyard, keeping an eye out for Gumphrey or injured troops. If she sees anyone with a serious injury, she will use her wand to heal them.
Elodie finds plenty of chances to heal the wounded, but finds no sign of Gumphrey.

- OOC: Is she healing only the Prince's men? or both sides? There's no shortage of dying men here, so spend as as many charges as you're willing to.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:35 pm

Jeremiah will make his way through the battle out of the tower with the old man and grandchild in tow. Once he is out of the tower he will look for Elodie in hopes that she can heal the old man.

When he finds her he will leave the two with her and the other wounded, then make his way back into the tower.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:29 pm

Elodie will heal the old man. She will also use her wand about a dozen times, healing troops from the Prince's side, and innocent bystanders who were caught in the battle.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:48 am

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will make his way through the battle out of the tower with the old man and grandchild in tow. Once he is out of the tower he will look for Elodie in hopes that she can heal the old man. When he finds her he will leave the two with her and the other wounded ...
Relying on his combat experience, Jeremiah has no problem keeping the two of them safe, as he weaves and maneuvers through the battle toward Elodie. Although the old man has to lean on Jeremiah's shoulder to walk, the group has no trouble reaching Elodie.
Elodie wrote:Elodie will heal the old man. She will also use her wand about a dozen times, healing troops from the Prince's side, and innocent bystanders who were caught in the battle
With one tap of the wand, the old man seems hale and healthy, once again. He thanks Jeremiah as the ranger disappears into the tower and then turns to thank Elodie, as well. The granddaughter does the same, with tears of gratitude running down her cheeks. Then, they look around for a safe place to retreat to, but there is no way to escape the madness.
Jeremiah wrote:... then make his way back into the tower.
When he reaches that room, he finds it mostly empty; the troops having advanced deeper into the tower. Three of the Prince's men, however, are passing through the room, on their way out, with their arms full of loot.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jan 14, 2015 7:35 pm

Jeremiah will continue to push deeper into the tower until he has caught up with the prince.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:45 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will continue to push deeper into the tower until he has caught up with the prince.
Rushing over the dead and wounded, it doesn't take Jeremiah long to catch up with the Prince. At the end of the hall, Jeremiah reaches a communal dining area, where he finds the Prince and his men engaged in mortal combat with the enemy. Ale and wine have been split upon the floor. Some of the Prince's men are still finding the time to stuff their satchels with silver and finery.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:36 am

Jeremiah will rush to the princes side with both axes drawn and attempt to flank his opponent.

AotGS: 10 + 23 = 33 | DMG: 14

OOC: This is assuming he can get to an opponent in this round and still make an attack.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:58 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will rush to the prince's side with both axes drawn and attempt to flank his opponent.
Jeremiah moves with the alacrity of a seasoned adventurer and quickly fells the enemy champion. Wiping the blood from his brow, the Prince looks at Jeremiah and nods with a smile. Then, he hefts his sword and shield and charges another adversary, bellowing a ferocious battle cry. "RHAAAAAAAAGH!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:36 pm

Jeremiah will turn to the prince...

"Lead the way, I will help protect you. It's a shame your men would rather loot then continue to press forward! As long as Jeremiah the Giant Slayer is here this enemy doesn't stand a chance!"

Jeremiah will then press forward charging into battle.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will turn to the prince... "Lead the way, I will help protect you. It's a shame your men would rather loot then continue to press forward! As long as Jeremiah the Giant Slayer is here this enemy doesn't stand a chance!" Jeremiah will then press forward charging into battle.
With a bellowing laugh, the Prince says "Indeed, Captain! Let us press on, while the men loot. Led us lead with our acts of valor!"

Charging into the fray, the Prince fells another enemy. Then, another. The men fall in-line, slaying enemies, even while they loot. The deeper you push into the keep, however, the more of the Prince's men are killed, as the enemy regains their bearing and begin a counter-offensive.

- OOC: Give me five or six attack rolls and two reflex saves.
Elodie wrote:Elodie will heal the old man. She will also use her wand about a dozen times, healing troops from the Prince's side, and innocent bystanders who were caught in the battle.
Gumphrey emerges from the shadows and moves to Elodie's side. "Where is everyone? I think we should get moving, soon. Oh, and I have something for you."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:58 pm

Spewing war cries along side the prince...

Attack #1: 17 + 23 = 40 | DMG: 12
Attack #2: 4 + 23 = 27 | DMG: 11
Attack #3: 9 + 23 = 32 | DMG:16
Attack #4: 3 + 23 = 26 | DMG:14
Attack #5: 14 + 23 = 37 | DMG:12
Attack #6: 12 + 23 = 35 | DMG:13

OOC: I'll assume these are single attacks since we are pressing forward. I really don't feel like doing full round attacks, it would be 18 rolls lol. Not including the damage rolls.

Reflex #1: 12 + 14 = 26

Reflex #2: 17 +14 = 31
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:31 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Spewing war cries along side the prince...
- Attack #1: 17 + 23 = 40 | DMG: 12, Attack #2: 4 + 23 = 27 | DMG: 11, Attack #3: 9 + 23 = 32 | DMG:16
- Attack #4: 3 + 23 = 26 | DMG:14, Attack #5: 14 + 23 = 37 | DMG:12, Attack #6: 12 + 23 = 35 | DMG:13
Reflex #1: 12 + 14 = 26, Reflex #2: 17 +14 = 31
Jeremiah slay many enemies, as they press forward, leaving a path of carnage in their wake. After several minutes, they are both splattered with blood. Finally, the prince yells "ALRIGHT, MEN OF THE REALMS, BACK TO THE GATES! HAUL AS MUCH AS YOU CAN CARRY AND HEAD BACK!" Then, he turns back to Jeremiah, "You certainly live up to your reputation! Let's head back. This will surely be a lucrative venture!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:35 pm

"Jeremiah went into the tower to find the Prince; I'm sure they're having a jolly time. Let's head back out to the horses, and then you can show me what you got!...Have you seen Miphelgara?" She looks up, searching the sky. "Phaastia? Anything else you want to do here before we head back to the horses? I hope you're not too disappointed, I'm not much of a soldier and coordinated battles aren't really my thing."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:49 pm

If there is no where else to press forward Jeremiah will turn back with the prince, avoiding any kind of looting.

"It's more about the honor and glory, then mere spoils. The only things I tend to lavish myself with are things that increase my power and vigor."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:17 pm

Jeremiah wrote:If there is no where else to press forward ...
Jeremiah is pretty sure that bowels of the tower remains untouched, though most of the keep's defenders have probably joined the fray by now. If anything, the enemy might actually outnumber the Prince's men, now that they've crawled from their beds.
Jeremiah wrote:"It's more about the honor and glory, then mere spoils. The only things I tend to lavish myself with are things that increase my power and vigor."
"Aye," the Prince smiles, "but riches be nice, too."
Jeremiah wrote:... Jeremiah will turn back with the prince, avoiding any kind of looting.
The prince and his remaining men fight there way back to the courtyard. Exiting proves to be much easier than entering, as most of the remaining enemies lie before you. (That is, those behind you are mostly dead).
Elodie wrote:"Jeremiah went into the tower to find the Prince; I'm sure they're having a jolly time. Let's head back out to the horses, and then you can show me what you got!...Have you seen Miphelgara?" She looks up, searching the sky. "Phaastia? Anything else you want to do here before we head back to the horses? I hope you're not too disappointed, I'm not much of a soldier and coordinated battles aren't really my thing."
Gumphrey responds, "No, but I saw Talmut fly down from the battlements a little while ago."
Phaastia thinks, I grow bored with all the fighting. I hope some of these soldiers thought to bring me a tasty snack.
With that, Gumphrey and Elodie quietly slip out the front gate and begin moving toward the horses, well ahead of the soldiers.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:03 pm

Jeremiah will push his way out until he meets back up with the rest of the party.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:39 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will push his way out until he meets back up with the rest of the party.
As the allied army fights its way back to the courtyard and toward the gate, Jeremiah rushes ahead and meets up with Gumphrey and Elodie along the road.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:19 pm

"Jeremiah! Are you hurt? We're on our way back to the horses."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:39 pm

"No, I've returned unscathed. Is everyone else OK?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:43 pm

"Everyone's fine, aside from the innocent villagers who are clearly hoarding all of the treasure in the land. Shall we check on the horses?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jan 24, 2015 6:45 pm

"I am unscathed," Gumphrey says.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:54 pm

"OK, lets head back to the horses. I did not end up looting the keep, I got carried away with the battle. How did everyone else fare? I assume Gumph was able to get his hands on something."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jan 25, 2015 9:31 pm

Elodie wrote:"Everyone's fine, aside from the innocent villagers who are clearly hoarding all of the treasure in the land. Shall we check on the horses?"
Jeremiah wrote:"OK, lets head back to the horses. I did not end up looting the keep, I got carried away with the battle. How did everyone else fare? I assume Gumph was able to get his hands on something."
The Band of Four makes it back to the horses well-ahead of the Prince or his men. There, Gumphrey says "I found a, uh, new magical ring, so I won't be been wearing my old one. So, I think Elodie should have it ... But that's not all. I also ran across some guy with a HUGE key ring. So, I followed him to a secret door, lifted the keys from his belt, and stole away into the vault. I couldn't carry everything, but I took the best stuff and left the door open for the Prince's men." Gumphrey reveals a mithril ring with gold etchings and a small bow, in addition to a bag full of gemstones.

• For Elodie: Ring of Protection and Evasion (Evasion & +3 AC)
  • For Jeremiah: Composite +2 Longbow built for a +6 Strength mod. The bow is of a foreign design, but Jeremiah is pretty sure he can get used to it.
  • An assortment of 110 emeralds, sapphires, and opals; each worth about 1000 gold

Miphelgara eyes the gems greedily for a moment, but then turns away when he hears an army of footsteps approaching. Just as the Prince and his men come crest the hill, the dragon begins chanting ancient words of power as it steadily transforms back into "Talmut." He tugs at his beard and frowns. Gumphrey quickly stuff the sack of gems into his saddlebag.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next