Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 - The Jolly Toad

+2
Glitz
Malazek
6 posters

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 - The Jolly Toad - Page 18 Empty Re: Adventure #1 - The Jolly Toad

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:12 am

Swifthand wrote:"Let us have Bread and Cheese at the table.", says the dusky foreigner, taking a moment to refill his pipe. "And I will have Lamb Cutlets and a Flaming Schnapps."
Laci quickly retrieves Talmut's order. "There ya go, sir. I think Uncle Albin put an extra cutlet on yer plate."

Swifthand wrote:While Laci goes to fill the order, the Conjuror moves over to the minstrel and tips him a silver.  "Well played!"
"Thank you, kind sir! You're a gentleman and a scholar," he says, between songs.

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Talmut will deposit all but 50 gold and change into the vault.  I also want to move up the Cost of Living chart, Poor to Average, can I do that?  I will amend all this when I finish leveling up..
OOC: Sure, you can move up the COL chart. That's no problem. When the month is up, we'll prorate the cost, based on the ratio of time spent at each COL.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:18 am

Glitz wrote:Elodie eyes the drink that Laci sets down in front of Maius and says, "I bet I can drink more than you, Maius."
macksgarageusa wrote:Maius looks at Elodie, already feeling the effects of this potent elixir, and decides this is not the type of drink to be swilled in a hurry. "No thank you." 
Hearing Elodie's offer, and Maius's refusal of the wager, a very tall woman approaches the table and says to Elodie "I'll take that bet ... but the loser has to pick-up the tab ... and streak the common room! What say you?" 

macksgarageusa wrote:"But, I will gladly buy another round for us all!" He pulls a few coins from his pocket for the barkeep
When Maius order another round, Laci brings four more drinks for the party.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:29 am

Elodie stands up to her full height of four feet and ten inches and passes her second drink (from the round that Maius just purchased) up to the tall woman. "You're on!" she says, trying to sound braver than she actually is feeling.

After she takes another gulp of the strong drink, she starts to undo her long braid, hoping it will provide a little extra coverage just in case she is the one that has to streak...
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:34 pm

O.O.C. - What's the tall woman look like?
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Swifthand wrote: O.O.C. - What's the tall woman look like?
She is slender, yet muscular, with a big head of curly brown hair. She is wearing a simple, sleeveless tan dress with a thick brown belt and tall leather boots. A simple pendent hands from a silver chain around her neck, complimenting her big brown eyes. All in all, Talmut finds her rather appealing.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:59 pm

Glitz wrote:Elodie stands up to her full height of four feet and ten inches and passes her second drink (from the round that Maius just purchased) up to the tall woman. "You're on!" she says, trying to sound braver than she actually is feeling. After she takes another gulp of the strong drink, she starts to undo her long braid, hoping it will provide a little extra coverage just in case she is the one that has to streak...
"Great! Free drinks ... for one of us. LACI! Keep 'em coming!"

Laci brings over eight more glasses of schnapps, "Alright, Suzet. I hope you two aren't gettin' in too much trouble." She sets the eight glasses in between Elodie and the tall woman.

'Suzet' picks up her first glass, and knocks it back in one go. With a wink, she adds "Yer up, short stuff."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jul 19, 2013 7:09 pm

Upon entering the tavern it doesn't take long to notice the rest of the party. Between drinks he mentions to the party that there is a local rogue looking for work and it may be beneficial to see if he is still jobless.

"It could be useful to have a man of these talents tagging along.."

He then orders the same thing Tal'mut is eating, after which he reaches into his pouch and pulls out his pipe and packs up a pinch of smoke.

"Talmut, can I get a light?"

After eating his dinner, smoking and watching the competition a little; he heads over to the barkeep and asks for a room for the week and a bath.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:39 pm

Elodie picks up another glass and raises it to Suzet. "I'm glad that someone here will drink with me...so, what brings you to the Jolly Toad?" Elodie asks before downing the second drink, making a slight face as she does.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:10 am

Glitz wrote:Elodie picks up another glass and raises it to Suzet. "I'm glad that someone here will drink with me...so, what brings you to the Jolly Toad?" Elodie asks before downing the second drink, making a slight face as she does.
After knocking back her second glass, Elodie is already feeling drunk. These flaming schnapps drinks are quite strong.

(OOC: She is -2 to all attack rolls, damage rolls, saving throws, skill checks, and ability checks. Her words should start slurring).

Answering, Suzet says "... jus' lookin' fer someone t' drink with! I thought ... foraminute ... that you four were here to party. What brings you? ... adventurers or somethin'?"

She knocks back another in one gulp, and then nods toward Elodie. Suzet is looking a little wobbly, too, like maybe she had a few before approaching the table ... but she doesn't look as drunk as Elodie feels.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:25 am

Jeremiah wrote:"It could be useful to have a man of these talents tagging along.."
Talmut agrees.

(OOC: Swifthand is up north again ... but I'm pretty sure he said a NPC rogue would be a nice thing to have).

Jeremiah wrote:After eating his dinner, smoking and watching the competition a little; he heads over to the barkeep and asks for a room for the week and a bath.
Cid gladly hands Jeremiah a key and tells him Pavol will bring the bathwater to his room (which he does).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:28 am

Elodie snorts at Suzet's words. "These three? Ha! They're all talk...boozean'hookers, boozean'hookers, tha'sall I heard on the way back, an' lookit 'em..."

She looks at her three adventuring companions and is momentary distracted by their conversation about bringing a rogue along when they leave again. "Izee good-lookin'?" She then looks at Suzet and winks, picking up her third drink and downing it quickly.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:44 am

As Elodie tips up her third glass, she loses her balances and topples back into her chair. The room spins for a second, and when it stops, Suzet is grinning at her. "Y'alright there? We cin keep goin' ... bu-u-u-t, you may've had enough ... 'nother?" She gulps down another and almost falls backwards doing it, but grabs the edge of the table to steady herself. After regaining her balance, she slams the glass down and proclaims "Icin ... do this ... a-a-a-ll night."

Elodie's Fortitude Save = 10 (8 one the die, -2 penalty) vs. DC 16. FAIL
Suzet's Fortitude Save = 7 (3 one the die, -6 penalty) vs. DC 20. FAIL
Note: The penalty and the DC are both based on the number of drinks consumed.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 20, 2013 8:54 am

Elodie giggles and blinks a few times, trying to focus on the next glass of schnapps in front of her. "You don' look so good, yerself, Suzet," Elodie says slowly, strugging to get the words out clearly. She giggles again and raises her glass to nothing apparent to the group around her, and tips the fourth glass up, one hand placed on the table in front of her to attempt to keep herself from falling backwards again.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:10 am

Suzet chuckles at how drunk Elodie is, apparently oblivious to the fact that she herself is rather inebriated. "Booze an' hookers, huh? You boys in'o that sortathink?" She watches as Elodie struggles to down another, inadvertently leaning further and further out of her chair. Suzet leans over, placing both elbows on the table. "Ain' dis fun? I love it. ... LACI! LACI! Wened more drinks o'er here!"

She picks up her last glass and tips up ... even draped over the table, she seems to be having trouble staying upright, and drops one knee to the floor for balance. "Wherem'chair? Who took ... m'chair?"

Laci returns with another eight glasses and a pitcher of water. She sets the tray down and then retrieves a chair from a nearby table, sliding it under Suzet's bottom. "Can I get anybody anything else?" She reaches over and takes a piece of bread from the basket Talmut ordered for the table, and hands it to Elodie "Here, try this. It's good. Ya'll like it .. What's the wager, tonight?" As she talks, Laci trades the empty glasses with the full ones on her tray.

Elodie's Fortitude Save = 15 (15 one the die, -4 penalty) vs. DC 18. FAIL
Suzet's Fortitude Save = 12 (10 one the die, -8 penalty) vs. DC 22. FAIL
Eating the bread will give Elodie a +1 bonus next round.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:17 am

"Boozean'hookers!" Elodie says to Laci, taking the bread that she offers without really looking at what it is. Taking a bite and chewing, Elodie attempts to explain the wager to Lacy. "Nu. Dih. Teeeee," she trails off, and giggles. "Aaannnnn' more drinks!" She swallows her bite of bread and grabs another glass, this time raising it to Laci. "TO LACI!" she shouts, and takes another drink.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:26 am

Elodie leans sideways again and gets about half of her next drink down before the rest of it spills out of the side of her mouth and runs down her shirt and tunic. When she looks down to see what happened, she falls out of her chair with a thud, dropping the glass (which rolls away, unbroken). Suzet laughs "HahaHA! Ith-ink ... y'ust los', Shweetie. Time t'pay up an' shtripsdown!"

Elodie's Fortitude Save = 10 (11 one the die, -6 penalty, +1 bonus) vs. DC 20. FAIL
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 20, 2013 9:49 am

Elodie grabs the edge of the table and pulls herself up, struggling to remove the layers of her outfit and stay upright at the same time. She throws her overtunic at Suzet, laughing as the drunk lady attempts to catch it. She drops her clothing in a pile at her feet, tripping over her skirt as she tries to step away from the pile of clothing. "Oops!" she giggles. Totally naked, she turns and takes a lap through the Jolly Toad, hands over her head as she whoops and shrieks, "BOOOOOOOOOOOZE AND HOOOOOOOOOOOKEEEERRRRRSSSSS AND THE BAAAAAND OF FOOOUUUURRRRRR!!!!!!!"

After her lap, Elodie gathers her clothes and holds them in her arms over her chest, attempting to conceal her body. She stumbles towards Laci. "Bath...and a room, pleash," she mumbles, opening the small sack that contains her money and pouring out a small pile of coins on the tray that Laci is carrying, slowly picking out three platinum coins and handing them to Laci. She just barely manages to scoop the remaining coins into her bag before turning to stumble up the stairs.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:00 am

Elodie wrote:Totally naked, she turns and takes a lap through the Jolly Toad
As she does, the music changes, and Elodie gets her own theme music. The drunks in the crowd hoot and holler, cheering and jeering as she runs. Many of them stand to give her a standing ovation. (One seemingly belligerent customer adjusts his belt and starts to move toward her, but the large man who usually sits at the end of the bar moves to intercept, forcing the drunk back into his chair).

Elodie wrote:She stumbles towards Laci. "Bath...and a room, pleash," she mumbles
"Right this way" Laci says, leading Elodie toward the stairs.

Suzet turns toward the rest of the table and says "Tha's haya dring some drinks, fellas. Icould still dring any oneo'ya un'er de table." An with that, she grabs two of the remaining glasses and follows Elodie and Laci up the stairs, stumbling as she goes. "Imacomin'."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:25 am

After Pavol fills his bath he inquires about a bottle of spirits and some companionship for the night...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:41 am

Alpha Omega wrote:After Pavol fills his bath he inquires about a bottle of spirits and some companionship for the night...
"Well, 'companionship' isn't a trade the inn normally gets involved in, but I consider you a friend. I know a few woman you might be interested in. I'll send a couple up."
_____ 

Ten minutes later, there is a knock at the door. When Jeremiah answers the door, there are two very attractive women standing there; one of them is holding a bottle of brandy. "Did you order a bottle of spirits?" one of them says. The other one smiles and adds "We'll help you drink it."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:35 pm

Meanwhile, Talmut and Maius are still sitting at the table with what's left of their meals and their drinks ... plus five extra glasses of flaming schnapps, left behind by the girls.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:50 pm

Elodie follows Laci into her room and flops down on the bed, ready to soak away the grime from the day (and clear her head a bit from the evening's excitement). Hearing footsteps in the hallway, Elodie cracks one eye open and sees Suzet, who is stumbling and spilling schnapps all over the floor.

"Suzet...Ahthink Talmut was eyein' you," Elodie says, hoping to send Suzet back down to the group and get some rest. "Or mebbe Maius. I dunno. One of em' was, furshure."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:05 am

Jeremiah invites them in to the room, after which he gets out of the tub and asks for a little help drying off...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:22 am

The two women eagerly enter the room and do whatever Jeremiah asks, for the meager price of 12 gold (and that includes the booze).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:26 am

Suzet stumbles into the room, "Washe?" She flops down on Elodie's bed and falls right to sleep.

A moment later, Laci returns with the metal tub and sees what happened. Quietly, she moves Elodie to another room and those goes to fetch the water. After several trips, the tub is full of warm water and a large glass of cold water sits in the nightstand. "Well, goodnight."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 19 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next