Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies"

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies" - Page 13 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:05 pm

Sundown wrote:Kardan: HP: 17/25 AC: 17 Fort: 16 Ref: 12 Will: 12 HS: 7/9 AP:1

Free = Kardan yells!!!! "Now you Die!!! Kardan spends an Action Point.

Minor = none

Move = none

Standard = Cleave

Action Point =

O.O.C. = Bah , roller is down
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies" - Page 13 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:06 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Seeing an opportunity Straegis shouts, "Kardan, there is an opening, hit him again!"

O.O.C.: Kardan, if you spend your action point for an extra attack you are +1 to attack from Warlord Tactical Presence, and +3 to damage from Warlord Tactical Assault feat.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:07 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex brings his fist down, satisfied that his ice hurt both of the crocodiles. He tries again, but can only muster the strength for a smaller volume of water.

-----------------------------
Ice Spikes on Chopper Jr. 17 vs. Reflex; 7 Force Damage, and 2 damage next turn if it doesn't move.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:OOC: Invisible Castle is still down. Just use real dice or this until it's back up. You won't be able to post a hyperlink, but that's okay; there are no cheaters in this group.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Ashimar wrote:Ayrikai HP: 29/29 AC: 14 Fort: 13 Ref: 13 Will: 14
Move: none
Minor: none
Standard: Witchfire on the large one.

"As much as you all seem to be enjoying yourselves, perhaps we should finish this, yes?"

Attack: 19 Dmg: 12 Gator is -4 to all attacks next round
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Malazek wrote:ROUND 4 RECAP ...

Init 24
Firing two more arrows at the giant gator, Davin finally brings the beast to a bloodied state.

Init 23
Yelling threats, Kardan stabs his spear through the gator in front of him (killing it) and into the larger croc behind it! Then, he turns his spear on the bigger one, stabbing it again! (10 Damage).
Chopper Jr. is Marked.

I just went ahead and rolled for you, since IC is down; both hit. I didn't know what you wanted to do with your AP, so I went with Reaping Strike because it was the only At-Will that made sense for the situattion.

Init 22
While shouting tactical advice, Straegis manages to pull himself from the jaws of death ...
... and takes a wild swing at his advesary (but misses).

Init 16
Alex sends his patented Ice Shards at Chopper Jr, with devastating effect!
(10 Damage) I rolled for you since IC is down.

Init 15
Meeting ice with fire, Ayrikai calls forth a downpour of argent flame, seering the flesh of your gatorial foe.
OOC: Gatorial? Is that a word?

Init 14
Wrenching the dead horse from its harness, Chopper Jr. turns and flees, swimming with astounding speed!
(He is now 30 squares to the right of his former position; way off the map).

His fleeing triggers Opportunity Attacks from Straegis and Kardan.
Both hit! (For a combined total of 20 damage).

Leaping onto the wagon, Agatha rushes to Straegis's aid, and brings her heavy oar down on the last gator's head; crushing it's skull with inhuman might!

Init 12
Vangg shoors another brillaint ray of light at the fleeing gator, but the monster is just too far out of range.

In a frightening display of fanatacism, the smaller gators all jump up from their watery graves, in last ditch efforts to deliver a killing bite on the foes of Chopper Jr.
-The one that was eating Straegis clamps down on his leg one last time. 6 damage to Straegis.
-The two that were eating Kardan try the same thing; one misses, the other does not (9 damage to Kardan).
-The one that bit the other horse does so again, causing a grevous wound.
-The one that was eating Vanng tries to again, but fails.

Then, they all collapse again; more than dead.

----- ----- ----- ----- -----
THE GATOR BATTLE IS OVER!
OOC: Nice round guys! Over 100 points of damage!

That's 233 XPs for the Gators!
And 40 for the great stories the night before.*
(273 in all, bringing you to grand total of 1246)

*Originally, I was only going to give this award if all six players posted a campfire story ... but in light of Ayrikai's extended absense, I'm going to base it on five stories

----- ----- ----- ----- -----

"Jus' dandy," Agatha says. "Now, we're down a 'orse! Dis wagon be too much for jus' one 'orse, 'spec'lly fully loaded! Vangg, cin ya tend ta my nag wit' yer healin,' so I cin let 'er go? We'll jus' 'ave ta row from 'ere. ... But Ah say we take a breatha an' hunt down dat big ol' gator an' catch us some dinna!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:08 pm

Malazek wrote:Quick Level Up Help (Page 27) ...

Add +1 to your attacks, defenses, initiative, and skill checks.

Add +1 to your ability checks; you base modifiers stay the same, but in the event of a raw ability check, you might need this.
For example, a 14 Strength would now be listed as:
Strength 14 (+2/+3)
The +2 is the Strength Modifier and the +3 is the Strength Check.

Add Hit Points (as determined by your class: 6 for Kardan, 4 for Alex, and 5 for everyone else.

Gain a Feat.

Gain a 2nd Level Utility Power.

And yes, I know you are light on treasure. Wink
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:09 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 31/31; AC 17 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=1

I immediately use a healing surge, bringing me to max hit points.

I used 9 arrows during the fight, but 5 were in Chopper Jr. when he retreated, so they are irretrievable. That leaves me 4 arrows to try to retrieve. I rolled a 3, 11, 13, and a 18 - Davin finds 3 arrows, giving me a new total of 38.

Arrow count: 38

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:09 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: Had to go with Toughness and Cure Light Wounds~~
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Sundown wrote:O.O.C. Yay!!!!!
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:10 pm

Sundown wrote:O.O.C. Yay!!!!!
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:11 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: Rest, spend surges as needed, heal remaining horse. And, is the one horse ~DEAD~ or just ~MOSTLY DEAD~?

Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies" - Page 13 Miraclemax

"... mostly DEAD!"

EDIT: Nevermind, Chopper, Jr. took off with it ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:11 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:"Beblessed idea, Ma'ams. Me need da rest ah moments. Kin ye set downs ah campfire on da banks an' cut dem gators inta backstrap steaks? Har!"

Vangg studies the area for a moment, "Da Mudbog be likened ta ah bad aud'ence ... don' like ye, an' throw its bedamned rotten tomatas at ye!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Malazek wrote:
151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: If I cast Beacon of Hope, then cure light wounds, the cure light wounds would be:
Healing surge Value +4, and a +9?
Beacon of hope would cure 9 (5, plus 4 from Healing Lore) and then CLW would heal a surge value +9 (SV, +4 from healing lore, and +5 from BoH).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:12 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin eyes the remaining horse and frowns at Agatha's suggestion to "let it go". "It is true that a single horse is not going to be able to pull all of us alone, but cutting it loose this deep in the 'Bog is assuring it's death. I know my way around these swamps - I can walk, and lead others. If we all walk with our packs, the horse should be able to pull the wagon with you driving it, and we will be able to use it to portage the wagon over high ground, instead of abandoning it."

I then rearrange the horses harness, centering it to the wagon as best I can.

Passive Nature (or Perception) check to pick a safe path = 22

For the other walkers, I can give them a +1 to Perception checks (Group Awareness), and a +4 to Nature or +5 to Perception on a new check to pick a safe path if they fail their 1st check (Crucial Advise, my new Encounter Power!).

I gather my pack and put it on my back, all save the keg of ale, which I leave in the wagon.

O.O.C. - Are we taking a lunch break, or just a 5 minute to catch our breath?

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:13 pm

Malazek wrote:
Malazek wrote:"Jus' dandy," Agatha says. "Now, we're down a 'orse! Dis wagon be too much for jus' one 'orse, 'spec'lly fully loaded! Vangg, cin ya tend ta my nag wit' yer healin,' so I cin let 'er go? We'll jus' 'ave ta row from 'ere. ... But Ah say we take a breatha an' hunt down dat big ol' gator an' catch us some dinna!"
151prooftattoos wrote:"Beblessed idea, Ma'ams. Me need da rest ah moments. Kin ye set downs ah campfire on da banks an' cut dem gators inta backstrap steaks? Har!"
Vangg studies the area for a moment, "Da Mudbog be likened ta ah bad aud'ence ... don' like ye, an' throw its bedamned rotten tomatas at ye!"
Swifthand wrote:Davin eyes the remaining horse and frowns at Agatha's suggestion to "let it go". "It is true that a single horse is not going to be able to pull all of us alone, but cutting it loose this deep in the 'Bog is assuring it's death. I know my way around these swamps - I can walk, and lead others. If we all walk with our packs, the horse should be able to pull the wagon with you driving it, and we will be able to use it to portage the wagon over high ground, instead of abandoning it."
"Great idear, Davin!" Agatha booms. "Ah would perfer ta save my 'orse, if'n nobody minds walkin' whilst we 'ave a perfectly good boat right 'ere." (she is, of course, referring to the wagon's ability to float).

The group takes a short rest, as Agatha begins slicing open one of the smaller gators (as per Vangg's suggestion). After a few minutes, Davin jury-rigs the wagon's harness so a single horse can pull it (provided it's nearly empty). Jury-rigging the harness produced some extra bits of wood, which agatha uses to built a spit for the gator meat ... the ground, however, is still too wet to make a good fire (though, there are some torches in the wagon you can use as kindling, you still need dry ground to keep the fire going).

Around this time, everyone is plenty rested.

This is the HP totals, as I see them ...
Vangg 36/34; Surges 9/9*
Straegis 24/12; Surges 8/8*
Davin 31/31; Surges 7/8
Kardan 31/8; Surges 7/9*
Alex 25/25; Surges 6/6
Ayrikai 34/34; Surges 9/9

*If you'd like to spending healing surges during the 5 minutes rest, please do so now.
If you disagree with these totals, let me know.

Next, I also need to know what the party is doing ...
First, how are you lighting the fire? Same way as last time? Alex?
Second, are you tracking down Chopper jr, afterward, or not?
Third, is everyone ok with walking so Davin can save the horse?
If so, we'll count "Saving the Horse" as a Minor Quest.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:13 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: Cool with saving the horse. Want to rest, cast Healing Words / Cure Light Wounds - get everyone to full health and then rest again for a bit to get all but daily spells back.

"Me fig'erd outs da one prayer Rinh learnt me! Tankies fer da rest, me mayhap need all da prayers me kin muster, if'n ah walkin' on in dis bedamned Mudbog ... an' wanin' vengeances ta dat ova'grown, belly-slidin', croc!"

Vangg takes a giant swig from his waterskin and wipes his mouth with his sleeve, "Mighty rugg'd team 'ere ... dat fate doth strewn ta'gether." The dwarf looks at his sleeve and then to Davin's, "If'n me wipes me sleeve an' hunder'd times an' hunder'd, me arm 'ave ah smidgen o' da hist'ry ye sleeve 'ave. Har! Ye spawn ah bedamned troll soon outta ye garment, ye wipe twice mores!"

After a pause, he continues, "What belies ahead? Da Queen only beknows. Me all buts taste o' death thrice an' one times with ye's, an' steps away ta speak o' it. What ills be for'coming Ma'ams Agatha? What ye sis 'ave 'neath 'er dirty sleeve?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:14 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"I'll dry the ground again." Alex holds both hands out in front of him, palms downward over a patch of earth. His eyes narrow and he lifts his hands slightly, a clear film rises from the ground at the same time.

As usual, its water, his hands move around in circles and he collects the water into a globe, and then blasts it at a nearby tree, where a light frost forms.

"I need to take a moment. My arms are tired."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:14 pm

Swifthand wrote:Eying the dwarf and then my sleeve, I shrug and then work on lighting the campfire on the dry ground Alex has supplied.

Passive Nature = 22.

I am all for tracking down that monster crock. It will be a challenge to track him in the 'Bog, but I think I can follow his trail if we do not wait too long before following it. How close are we to your sisters cabin, Agatha?

Having worked up a sweat lighting the now crackling fire, I wipe my brow dry with my dirty sleeve.

O.O.C. - Do I need to roll Perception to track the crock, or will my passive Perception of 22 do it?

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:15 pm

Malazek wrote:OOC: Yeah, Davin can EASILY track the monster, even though the DC is around 20.
Anyway, it's been well over 48 hours (in RL) since the combat ended.
Anyone who hasn't spent surges (in the last 2 days) please do so as soon as you return

After 10 minutes of respite and roasted gator, the party heads off into the swamp, looking for the largest gator they have ever witnessed. Moving through the swamp, following Davin as he tracks the giant beast, the party is ready for anything!

(Agatha stayed behind with the horse, by the way).

After just a couple miles, the party finds the monster, holed up under the root of some ancient stump; the stump sits on the other side of a clear shallow pool of water about 20 yards (or meters) across. The water is at least 2 or 3 yards (or meters) deep.

Clear? In the Malbog? Looking down, the party notices that the bottom of the pool is lined with the skeletal remains of people and animals; all of the bones have been picked clean (by something with finer teeth than an crocodile has).

Several pieces of fine jewelry can be seen on several of the skeletons; at least one of which displays a a runic image of a knight on a seahorse. Alex immediately recognizes the symbol as the "Aqueus Templar" -- a crest associated with a mythic organization of the same name -- an organization that was once sworn to protect the Waterbenders even unto death! The Aqueus Templar have been M.I.A. since the days of yore (or atleast, for several generations).

Remembering your whereabouts, you look around for Chopper Jr. Still hidden in water beneath the roots, he doesn't seem to have noticed the party's arrival. He's all alone, but he does have Cover AND Concealment (-4 to hit).

Actions please. If you attack, you have surprise.
If you enter the water, then I need Swim checks
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:15 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"I need that amulet" Alex mutters in icy tones. Almost forgetting about the rest of the group.

------------------------------
Could we get a map to consider our options?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:16 pm

Malazek wrote:OOC: I was still half asleep when I made this map, so there are a few more points of shoddy craftsmanship than usual.
For that, I apologize

Book One: Chapter One: "Dark Skies" - Page 13 PqcZ9Gr

NOTE: The brackish "creek" running off the left of the map is about a yard/meter deep; the bluish pool is 2-3 yards/meters deep in the center and on the north rim, but the southern edge is only about a yard deep. The bits of water spread around the map, but not connected to the main creek/pool, are only puddles.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex points (to L15). "I need that pendant. I could do with examining the area as well. I am prepared to fight that beast, and whatever else lurks here-that water is oddly clear, and those bones too clean." His eyes narrow. Locked on the amulet.

"I am prepared to attempt to retrieve the amulet alone. This is not part of Agatha's quest and I have no money to pay you for your aid in battle. But as I am sure you're aware. I'm probably going to need it. Should I alert the thing. Allow me to try and reach the amulet with a Far Hand spell."

Alex stepts past the members of the group, creeping to the edge of the clear water as quietly as he can. He then reaches out with his hand, and the water ripples slightly.

-------------------------------
Mage Hand to take that Amulet and bring it towards me. Stealth: (Invis castle is down. I have no modifiers....roll high!)
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 31/31; AC 17 Fort 14 Ref 16 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8 Action Points=1

Davin replies, trying to keep his voice low. "No need for payment Alex. Attack now while we have the surprise - the beast stirs."

Surprise - Standard Action Twin Strike

Twin Strike 1= 21 (11+8+2CA), Twin Strike 2= 27 (17+8+2CA)
TSDamage 1= 5 (4+1), TSDamage 2= 9 (8+1)
Initiative - 11+5=16

Arrow count: 36

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:17 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex: 25/25; AC 18/FORT 12/REF 17/WILL 16

Alex gives a lost look towards the amulet. And shrugs agreement.

With a slight smile, he flex's his fingers. It appears I have made some friends.

He holds his left arm out, drawing a line in the air as a stream of water flies towards the scaled monster, bursting into a cloud of boiling steam.
------------------------------
Attack: 15 vs. Ref
Hit: 11 Fire damage.
Rolls
Init = 10
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 25 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 19 ... 25  Next