Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 34 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:21 am

Iris wrote:"Sorry, I figured Bargundir should have his meal as soon as possible. Have I missed anything?"
Taryk shakes his head and gestures toward Gemma.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 34 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  zappo168 Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:11 pm

Jasmine waits for Gemma to share what she's seen while she hungrily digs into her fish dinner. Again she tries to show the kids the symbol for "food," this time while she's eating. "And I forgot an important piece!" She adds a knock to the beginning of the word for food and says, "Good food!"

Thankful that the inn has clean water for drinking so she is forced further into the debate vs. ale or no ale, she takes a few sips to wash down the fish, which she finds a bit on the dry side.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:37 pm

Gemma flags down a barkeep, and motions for him or her to lean close. She whispers, "Can you take a glass of mead over to the hooded fellow in the corner?" She fishes out the appropriate number of coins and hands them over.

After she has sent the drink, she mimics Jasmine's symbol. "Good food, eh? It's not bad."

"Not much of a criminal element here," she whispers, just loud enough for her party members to hear, "But I think there might be someone here who might know something. Of course, there's always the standard 'talk-to-the-barkeep' approach, as well."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:40 pm

Gemma wrote:Gemma flags down a barkeep, and motions for him or her to lean close. She whispers, "Can you take a glass of mead over to the hooded fellow in the corner?" She fishes out the appropriate number of coins and hands them over.

After she has sent the drink, she mimics Jasmine's symbol. "Good food, eh? It's not bad."

"Not much of a criminal element here," she whispers, just loud enough for her party members to hear, "But I think there might be someone here who might know something. Of course, there's always the standard 'talk-to-the-barkeep' approach, as well."
Almost as soon as Gemma finishes whispering to her companions, the hooded man strolls over, mead in hand. "What's this?" He says, "you looking for something special?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:42 pm

Gemma looks up awkwardly, looking almost like she's been caught whispering about the hooded stranger. "Um...yes. Information?" she stammers, not expecting to be approached so abruptly. "We're looking for someone named Nalkor. Have you heard of him?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:49 pm

Gemma wrote:Gemma looks up awkwardly, looking almost like she's been caught whispering about the hooded stranger. "Um...yes. Information?" she stammers, not expecting to be approached so abruptly. "We're looking for someone named Nalkor. Have you heard of him?"
"Nalkor?" The hooded man laughs, "Yeah, I know him. What's it worth to ya?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:51 pm

"Oh, a few coins," she counters. She pulls two out of a pouch and rubs them together.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:56 pm

The man holds out his hand, expectantly.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:56 pm

She puts the coins in his hands and looks at him expectantly.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:59 pm

"Nalkor," the man laughs. "He's a harmless, crazy old man. He lives just outside of town, along the Dwarf Road, in a rundown old tower. You can't miss it."

As he steps away, he mockingly adds, "but beware! The children say that place is haunted. OooOOOoooooh!"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:00 pm

Gemma waits for the man to walk away, and then looks at everyone else at the table. "Well, you heard the man. Dwarf Road. Looks like we can add another stop to the agenda, tomorrow."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:31 pm

Jasmine nods. "Good work, General," she winks. She looks at the group around you. "Looks like we'd better be getting cleaned up and rested for the work ahead."

She finishes the last of her meal, cleaning her plate more than completely, and returns her dishes to the proprietor, asking for her bath water.

"Let me know if anyone needs anything," she says before turning in to the group room.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:48 pm

Merrill will head to bed as well so she'll be ready to go kill Nalkor in the morning.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:27 pm

- OOC: I was hoping a few more people would post, but oh well. Let's just assume that Drakor, Taryk, Thane, and Iris all go to bed, too. (Thane out in the stable, again, with Bargundir).

The night passes slowly, the sounds of wolves howling in the distance. In the morning, you awake to the smell of breakfast. Eventually dragging yourselves from bed and stumbling into the large common room, you find that the Smoking Horse menu board has changed.

• Mug of ale or mead ~ 1 coin
  • Coffee or tea ~ 1 coin
  • Bath water ~ 1 coin
  • Hot bath with soap towels ~ 2 coins
  • Eggs with bread and cheese ~ 2 coins
  • Shredded duck with bread and cheese ~ 2 coins
  • Shredded duck, seared ham, eggs-three-ways, buttered bread, cheese pastry, fresh fruit, fruit pie, spirits and coffee ~ 20 coins
  • Pipe rental with a pinch of leaf ~ 1 coin
  • Pipes (for sale) ~ 1 coin
  • Leaf (for sale) ~ 1 coin
  • Seamstress ~ 1 coin
  • Other services ~ Negotiable
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:54 pm

Jasmine wakes up and gets fully dressed in armor and weaponry before heading down. She heads straight for the counter, wanting to make sure she has a hearty meal in case things get ugly today. She orders a coffee and eggs with bread and cheese, then waits for her fellow adventurers to come down.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:22 pm

Merrill will eat an egg breakfast as well. She smiles at Jasmine. "I'm glad to see you ready to go. I hope we find him today"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:20 pm

Malazek wrote:- OOC: I was hoping a few more people would post, but oh well. Let's just assume that Drakor, Taryk, Thane, and Iris all go to bed, too. (Thane out in the stable, again, with Bargundir).

OOC: Sorry, I was under the impression that we were going to keep talking before bed, but oh well.

Upon awaking, Iris makes her way downstairs and reads over the breakfast board. "Good morrow, innkeep. I would like to start with a hot bath with soap. Then to break my fast, I would like a cup of tea and the eggs breakfast. Also, last night I bought a whole, raw duck for our war dog out in the stable for 5 coin. I was hoping that there was another duck available for purchase." As Iris lists each item, she places the coin on the counter until she gets to the duck. She waits for confirmation that there is one available. (OOC: 5 coins before the duck)
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:10 pm

Iris wrote:OOC: Sorry, I was under the impression that we were going to keep talking before bed, but oh well.
-OOC: Yeah, that would have been cool, too ... but when 26 hours pass without a post, I worry that we'll lose folks if I don't move things along.

Iris wrote:"Also, last night I bought a whole, raw duck for our war dog out in the stable for 5 coin. I was hoping that there was another duck available for purchase." As Iris lists each item, she places the coin on the counter until she gets to the duck. She waits for confirmation that there is one available. (OOC: 5 coins before the duck)
"I don't think there any raw ducks left, but I can probably sell you a day-old cooked duck for 4 coins?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:29 pm

Gemma heads to the counter and orders eggs, bread, and tea. Then, she and her siblings go to join Merrill, Jasmine, and the rest of the party. 

"So, what's on the agenda today? Try to sell our goods first, in case we can find anything that will help us with our great battle, then off to confront Nalkor?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:14 pm

Malazek wrote:"I don't think there any raw ducks left, but I can probably sell you a day-old cooked duck for 4 coins?"

"As long as it is a whole duck, you have a deal. An extra coin if you can heat if up for me, too. Thank you." As she finishes, Iris hands over 5 more coins. "Which way to the bath?"

*Edit* OOC: Minus 10 more coin. Thanks, Mal.

Last edited by FutbolDude21586 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:27 am

"I think we should resupply and take care of business before heading on the road again"
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:29 am

Iris wrote:"Which way to the bath?"
"I'll have someone bring the tub and the water to your room. It should be ready by the time you're done eating."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:31 am

Gemma wrote:"So, what's on the agenda today? Try to sell our goods first, in case we can find anything that will help us with our great battle, then off to confront Nalkor?"
Merrill wrote:"I think we should resupply and take care of business before heading on the road again"
Taryk and Drakor nod in agreement, as they join you at the same table as before. The serving wench brings your food and gets their orders.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:54 pm

After breakfast and baths, Gemma says, "So, off to find a merchant?" She will get up and head toward the door with her siblings, as soon as it looks like people are ready to follow.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:57 pm

Merrill will head out with Gemma and co. She wants to get her bow appraised to see if it's an equal portion of the loot.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 34 of 38 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next