Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 16 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek Sat May 21, 2016 11:14 pm

- OOC: XPs are normally awarded at the end of the "session," but on the forum the length of a "session" isn't as clear as it is at the table. So, in an effort to be generous with XPs, I'm going to call this the end of session 1 and the beginning of session 2. So, everyone gets 3 XPs (see pages 80 and 81).

Also, everyone recovers half of their max AP (so, in this case, I think that brings everyone back to full AP).

Last edited by Malazek on Sun May 22, 2016 7:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 16 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Malazek Sat May 21, 2016 11:14 pm

Felix wrote:Felix resumes playing: - Bardic Song: Inspirational Themes
- OOC: Who are you lending the AP to?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sun May 22, 2016 5:35 pm

-OOC: No one in particular just yet.

Felix will continue to play taking minimal pauses in between to bow in thanks and to look over the backpack to see if all of his items are present.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 22, 2016 9:07 pm

Felix wrote:Felix will continue to play taking minimal pauses in between to bow in thanks and to look over the backpack to see if all of his items are present.
Everything is there except his coins. His coins are missing.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon May 23, 2016 6:17 am

Game Master wrote:The passage way continues on the other side of the chamber, illuminated by a single lantern resting on the floor.
OOC: Bumped (in case anyone missed this part). On the other side of the room, the passage way continues deeper into the lair.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Mon May 23, 2016 10:03 am

Malazek wrote:
Felix wrote:Felix will continue to play taking minimal pauses in between to bow in thanks and to look over the backpack to see if all of his items are present.
Everything is there except his coins. His coins are missing.

"Don't look at me!" Taryk remarks, honestly.

"I suppose it would be difficult for you to tell us much about this place while still playing, huh?"
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon May 23, 2016 11:45 am

-OOC: Lol @ Taryk

-OOC: Could we possibly get a visual map of the room if not too much of a bother my brother?
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon May 23, 2016 1:03 pm

“Might as well keep going in down here, as opposed to up above, is that what direction we’re goin’?. I’m thinkin’ we should maybe close the door, though, if there’s a way to get back out, of course.”

OOC - Jasmine will check to see if there’s a way to trigger the wall from the inside and if so, close up the rear behind the group. Rolling to investigate.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 23, 2016 1:03 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon May 23, 2016 1:48 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:-OOC: Could we possibly get a visual map of the room if not too much of a bother my brother?
Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 16 Felix%20Room_zpsgz4m4dqs
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon May 23, 2016 3:48 pm

"Is this yer lantern, sir? Either way, we should probably be taking it along." Jasmine picks up the lamp and hands it to Iris. "I should probably keep my hands free, if you wanna hold onto this. Unless anyone else wants to be the bearer of light."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon May 23, 2016 4:30 pm

Jasmine wrote:“Might as well keep going in down here, as opposed to up above, is that what direction we’re goin’?. I’m thinkin’ we should maybe close the door, though, if there’s a way to get back out, of course.”

OOC - Jasmine will check to see if there’s a way to trigger the wall from the inside and if so, close up the rear behind the group. Rolling to investigate.
Searching behind the secret door, Jasmine finds a simple mechanical lever on the adjacent wall. Flipping the lever requires a little elbow-grease, but doing so causes the secret door to rise from the floor and seal the passage (accompanied by the expected sound of stone grinding on stone). Flipping the lever again opens the passage and causes the stone slab to sink into the floor once more.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon May 23, 2016 7:18 pm

Felix quickly gathered his things and paused briefly here and there while he played/sang.
In a deep and scratchy voice (yet in tune) he began:

"I am at your service, because thou hath set me free..."

~Melancholy Melody

"...This morn', crates 'o books didst the goblins carry down..."

~Slightly-higher Melody

"...Friend o' the goblin, Old wizard 'Nalkor' was 'e..."

~Deeper tone

"...Then, friend no more, 'e cursed them all with a frown..."

"...Goblin carried dead goblin, carried them down too thou see..."

"...'e spoke, 'If ye escape Felix, findeth me in Dockin Town..."

"......Oh, Nalkor... 'e cursed the goblins... yes, 'e did... 'e cursed the foul goblins......"

-OOC: Performance Roll

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Mon May 23, 2016 8:12 pm; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : because)
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon May 23, 2016 7:49 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 3 (+2+2=7)

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Mon May 23, 2016 8:49 pm

“Nalkor, eh? I don’t suppose he wore a creepy black robe?” Jasmine shakes her head slowly. “I’m not one for riddles. We’re to find a load of books. One sounds to stand out. A special book. All are stolen by the goblins just as you describe. Does this mean the book we’re to find is in…is in another town?” She ponders Felix’s song a moment longer. “Cursed them with the old plague, he did,” she says somberly.

Last edited by zappo168 on Tue May 24, 2016 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue May 24, 2016 7:35 am

Thane will draw a javelin out and prepare to throw it at the first goblin he sees. 

"Interesting song my friend..."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue May 24, 2016 7:55 am

Jasmine wrote:"We’re to find a book. A special book, stolen by the goblins just as you describe."
- OOC: For clarity: Jonrick hired you to recover as many books as possible. The "special" book (the Morbis Malum) was mentioned in the ledger you found.
Jonrick wrote:"my stock ... yes ... my stock. Perhaps I could hire you lot to recover it?"
Jonrick wrote:"If you do manage to recover any of it, I'll pay you handsomely; half of whatever profit I make from selling it. What say you?"
Ledger wrote:Cracking open the leather portfolio, the group discovers a ledger of Jonrick's business transactions. The list goes back years and details hundreds of transactions. All of the entries sound like books, maps, or scrolls; with titles like "the History of House Nasir - Bringing Baskets to Zargos," "A Pirate's Guide to Seamanship and Fishing," "Bakeman's Poetry," and "Maps of Buckfield and Beyond."

The ledger shows how much he paid to acquire the books (usually around 1 or 2 coins, but sometimes more), how much he sold them for (typically twice what he paid for them), and where he sold them (usually Zargos or Twin Towns). A few of the entries include additional notes, such as the condition of the book or the name of a customer, but most do not. There are no dates listed, but the list appears to have been compiled in chronological order (in the order he acquired the books).

One entry stands out from the others: a book entitled "Morbis Malum." The ledger lists "Joretta" as the price he paid for it and Zargos as the place he did so. No sale price is listed, indicating it hasn't yet been sold, and based on the entries that follow, you would guess that he purchased the book several weeks ago. In the notes column, he has written "3000 2000 500 150?"

By counting the number of entries without sales listed, you figure he had 65 books currently in his inventory (which is quite a collection).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue May 24, 2016 8:00 am

Jasmine wrote:"Does this mean the book we’re to find is in…is in another town?”
OOC: Remember, too, Jonrick was only attacked this morning ... and Felix's song says that all this went down "this morn.'"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Tue May 24, 2016 2:06 pm

Malazek wrote:
Jasmine wrote:"Does this mean the book we’re to find is in…is in another town?”
OOC: Remember, too, Jonrick was only attacked this morning ... and Felix's song says that all this went down "this morn.'"
OOC: I REMEMBER NOTHING!!!
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Tue May 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Felix paused for a just a moment.

"Tis no riddle Your Grace, and aye, a 'creepy black robe' didst the one the goblins called 'Nalkor' wear. He also had in his possession a book along with a large sack... filled with a devil only knows."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Tue May 24, 2016 10:11 pm

“So the goblins carried the books ‘down,’ meaning down here? Seems we should scout the place out as quick as we can and try to get some ‘o Jonrick’s books back, if possible…but we have to find Nalkor as soon as we can if we’re to stay on the heels of the remarkable book. Well, not that books have heels. The heels of the one who has the remarkable book. Wait, that sounds worse...Should I stop talking?” Jasmine steps back, hoping someone else will take the lead here.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Tue May 24, 2016 11:31 pm

"I couldn't agree more Your Grace. Anyone object to exploring onward?"

Under his breath, "And some disposing of goblinkin."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed May 25, 2016 7:27 am

Jasmine wrote:"Seems we should scout the place out as quick as we can and try to get some ‘o Jonrick’s books back"
Felix wrote:"I couldn't agree more Your Grace. Anyone object to exploring onward?"
- OOC: Onward then?
- OOC: Anyone who is sneaking, please give me a stealth roll.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed May 25, 2016 8:17 am

"I couldn't agree more Your Grace. Anyone object to exploring onward?"

"No, lets proceed."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed May 25, 2016 11:25 am

"Following you, Your Giantness..."

Felix positions himself a few steps behind Thane and continues with - Bardic Song: Inspirational Themes.

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Wed May 25, 2016 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : why not)
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 21 ... 27  Next