Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 15 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Somnium Thu May 19, 2016 12:56 pm

Merrill keeps her bow in hand and shrugs. "I guess we need to go put a stop to that noise."
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 15 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  FutbolDude21586 Thu May 19, 2016 12:58 pm

zappo168 wrote:“Good Gods, what’s wrong with these afflicted souls? Iris, can you make out what it is, or anything about it?”

OOC: Sorry, I completely read over this question! Sad 
Rolling Apothecary to diagnose the goblins illness. +2

"Hhmm... Let me see..." Iris mutters almost under her breath, kneeling near one of the afflicted corpses.

GM EDIT: I don't see a roll. So, let me edit that in for you.
#1 'd10' : 5 (+2 =7)
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu May 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Iris wrote:"Hhmm... Let me see..." Iris mutters almost under her breath, kneeling near one of the afflicted corpses.
- Rolling Apothecary to diagnose the goblins illness. (5) +2 = 7
Inspecting the bodies, Iris notices that the goblin corpses smell of vomit and are unusually warm (at least, by human standards). Combined with the lesions, these symptoms are similar to those of the Great Plague that swept through the region about 30 years ago. According to her studies, however, there have been no reported incidents of the plague in almost two decades. Symptoms usually take several days to manifest and almost always prove to be fatal (though particularly hardy individuals have been known to survive it). It seems unlikely that a bunch of plague-ridden goblins would have defeated Jonrick's bodyguards so easily.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Thu May 19, 2016 1:37 pm

Alpha Omega wrote:Thane will drag the goblin corpses to the pit and throw them in. After he is finished he will retrieve his two javelins.

Malazek wrote:Inspecting the bodies, Iris notices that the goblin corpses smell of vomit and are unusually warm (at least, by human standards). Combined with the lesions, these symptoms are similar to those of the Great Plague that swept through the region about 30 years ago. According to her studies, however, there have been no reported incidents of the plague in almost two decades. Symptoms usually take several days to manifest and almost always prove to be fatal (though particularly hardy individuals have been known to survive it). It seems unlikely that a bunch of plague-ridden goblins would have defeated Jonrick's bodyguards so easily.

Iris backs away with as much haste as she can manage, great fear showing on her face. "Do not go near them! They have all the signs on the plague!!"

OOC: If needed I can remove that, or Thane can since he already ditched the bodies...
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu May 19, 2016 3:52 pm

OOC: Thane will not touch the bodies if he is alerted to them being infected with the plague.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu May 19, 2016 11:04 pm

Iris wrote:OOC: If needed I can remove that, or Thane can since he already ditched the bodies...
Thane wrote:OOC: Thane will not touch the bodies if he is alerted to them being infected with the plague.
- OOC: Let's say Thane was in the process of ditching the bodies when Iris made the discovery & Jasmine already looted 3 silvers off the healthy one. Also, Drakor and Taryk are already investigating the sconce, by the time the announcement is made. (Obviously, several party members had already come dangerously close to these things, by the time combat was over ... I mean, if this is actually the plague).

Giving the issue some thought, Iris is pretty sure that the Great Plague of yore was transmitted several different ways: by touching (or even getting near) infected individuals, eating the meat of infected individuals, or even by looking directly into the eyes of an infected individual.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri May 20, 2016 7:16 am

Game Master wrote:With the unlit torch in the sconce, nothing seems to happen (aside from the small chamber being slightly better lit): that is, no traps seem to have been sprung, no secret passages were revealed, and no army of goblins have been summoned to confront you. Now that Drakor has pointed it out, however, you can all hear the faint sound of music coming from beyond this wall.
- OOC: Is somebody going to light the torch, then; or maybe try something else?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri May 20, 2016 8:01 am

Thane will fiddle with the sconces then light the torch. If nothing happens he will examine the wall for any hidden levers. If he doesn't find anything he will suggest continuing down the corridor.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri May 20, 2016 8:46 am

Thane wrote:Thane will fiddle with the sconces then light the torch. If nothing happens he will examine the wall for any hidden levers. If he doesn't find anything he will suggest continuing down the corridor.
When Thane fiddles with the sconce, he finds that it easily rotates. Turning it about 45 degrees to to the left reveals a secret tunnel, as an "arch-shape" slab of stone between the two sconces drops slowly into the ground beneath. Suddenly, the faint music is quite a bit louder and obviously coming from somewhere further down this secret tunnel.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri May 20, 2016 11:27 am

Merrill will stay far away from the goblins and sees this new passage as a great opportunity to further avoid the plague. She'll start moving towards it quickly
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Fri May 20, 2016 11:49 am

Somnium wrote:Merrill will stay far away from the goblins and sees this new passage as a great opportunity to further avoid the plague. She'll start moving towards it quickly
Taryk shrugs and follows.  Second position works too.

OOC: Stealth Roll +2
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 20, 2016 11:49 am

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri May 20, 2016 11:51 am

OOC: Oh no, she doesn't want to be first. She just wants to be far away from the plague.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri May 20, 2016 5:51 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill will stay far away from the goblins and sees this new passage as a great opportunity to further avoid the plague. She'll start moving towards it quickly
Taryk wrote:Taryk shrugs and follows.  Second position works too.
- OOC: Anyone else following?

The short passage leads to yet another chamber, this one the smallest yet. As you reach the tiny chamber, you instantly spot the source of the music: a short elderly man, trapped in a iron cage, is playing the flute. Across the room, a loaded backpack rests in the corner. The passage way continues on the other side of the chamber, illuminated by a single lantern resting on the floor.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Fri May 20, 2016 11:25 pm

Jasmine heads down the secret passage, and toward the strange music. At the sight of the little man, she comes to a halt, quite surprised. “Sir!” she hisses quietly, but with urgency. “What in blazes are you doing down here? What involvement have you with these foul goblins?” She glances at his bursting pack, wondering why the goblins would leave his loot unplundered and unguarded.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sat May 21, 2016 10:07 am

While sitting on the dirt floor, cross-legged, Felix ends the ballad.

"Lo! Good morning there... or is it night?" He said as he glanced up with a desperate look on his face. "With all respect due given Your Graciousness, 'foul' is saying it kindly for these... contaminated, putrefactive piles of abominable filth! Swarmed me they didst.. locked me away... forced me to play ballads unto them."

He let out a grunt as he rose to his feet and grasped onto the bars.

"Oh please, tell me thou are like me... good of heart... and have it in thyself to release me from bondage?"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Sat May 21, 2016 2:18 pm

Hearing the music stop and a voice, Drakor pulls his daggers, engulfs himself in darkness and makes haste down the passage sticking to only the darkest of spots.

Roll (stealth via Shadow magic): forum roller

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Sat May 21, 2016 2:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 21, 2016 2:18 pm

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sat May 21, 2016 3:40 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:"Lo! Good morning there... or is it night?" He said as he glanced up with a desperate look on his face. "With all respect due given Your Graciousness, 'foul' is saying it kindly for these... contaminated, putrefactive piles of abominable filth! Swarmed me they didst.. locked me away... forced me to play ballads unto them."

Taryk looks around.  "I don't see anymore goblins. Why are you still playing?"
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat May 21, 2016 4:18 pm

Upon hearing a voice from the new room, Iris follows her sister into the room. "I dare say that we are good of heart, if we aren't being attacked. Where did you learn such sweet melodies, sir?" Iris asks, looking around.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sat May 21, 2016 7:22 pm

"Aye, whenst I stop playing... the nasty buggers come to me and spew curses and spit unto me until I keepst playing... hence, I play." He paused and looked to Iris, "I learned in Eggsplankee's Traveling Circus and Freakshow, I was born into the Life. And your pardon I beg, I am Felix... of the Broomhildakin."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat May 21, 2016 7:26 pm

Thane will follow the group through the passage...

"the nasty buggers come to me and spew curses and spit unto me until I keepst playing..."

"By all means continue to play then so we don't grab their attention just yet."

If Thane doesn't see anyone else helping to free the man, he will pull out his crowbar and begin setting the man free.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 21, 2016 7:26 pm

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sat May 21, 2016 7:40 pm

"My only response to your logic is: Well-spoken my large friend."

Felix resumes playing: - Bardic Song: Inspirational Themes
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat May 21, 2016 11:08 pm

Thane wrote:If Thane doesn't see anyone else helping to free the man, he will pull out his crowbar and begin setting the man free.
'd10' : 5 (+3+2 = 10)
Thane quickly and easily pries the cage open, so that Felix is free.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next