Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

4 posters

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 18 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Malazek Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:55 pm

Elodie wrote:Elodie will go back to the suite of rooms that has been provided for the Band of Four. "That was some meal, wasn't it, Gumphrey?"
"Yeah, it really was. I mean, its no Endless Stew, but I enjoyed it."
Elodie wrote:OOC: How long are we supposed to be here, again?
All winter.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy - Page 18 Empty Re: Adventure #6 - The Lion of Vilderoy

Post  Glitz Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:23 am

Elodie nods in agreement with Gumphrey's statement about the Endless Stew. 

When they get back to the suite, Elodie will go to her room and write two short letters to Suzette and Lindy, asking them how things are going in Umbrafall. Then she will get some sleep.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:05 pm

Jeremiah wrote:If Talmut tells Jeremiah what he learned eaves dropping at the dinner table, then he will accompany the group back to the room. If not, he will head into the library for a quick read about some of his favored enemies.
OOC: Invoking Rule-24 ...
Whispering in Jotun, Talmut tells Jeremiah everything.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:46 am

Learning that there could be a foul plot afoot Jeremiah will head back to the quarters with the rest of the party.

"So what do you think Talmut? Do you think this threat could be for real, or do you think he is all talk, or thought for that matter? I think it would be a bad idea to make the first move, but what if we set a trap. We could make him think you were alone, then if he makes a move we can put him down in the name of self defense."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:31 pm

"For what it's worth, I think it would be a good idea for Talmut to make contact with someone from his home as soon as possible so that we might have a better idea of who we're dealing with. I also like the idea of a trap, Jeremiah. Or maybe we should just alert the arch-duchess?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:42 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"So what do you think Talmut? Do you think this threat could be for real, or do you think he is all talk, or thought for that matter? I think it would be a bad idea to make the first move, but what if we set a trap. We could make him think you were alone, then if he makes a move we can put him down in the name of self defense."
Elodie wrote:"For what it's worth, I think it would be a good idea for Talmut to make contact with someone from his home as soon as possible so that we might have a better idea of who we're dealing with. I also like the idea of a trap, Jeremiah. Or maybe we should just alert the arch-duchess?"
Listening to the plan proposals, Gumphrey adds "Yeah, I agree. We should find out as much as we can and then set a trap. Letting someone else, like the Arch-duchess, know what we're up to might be a smart addition to the plan ... that way, even if we can't stop the assassin, at least someone will be aware of what's happening."

"Hopefully, we don't have to bring Talmut back as a dwarf or a goblin or anything. We've got enough misfits running around with us, as it is. Myself included."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Oct 06, 2014 4:48 pm

Elodie objects to Gumphrey's description of himself. "You're not a misfit, Gumphrey. You should be proud of who you are!"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:20 pm

"Thank you all for your concern.  Yes, a trap would be perfect, and perhaps we could set watches while we stay here, as well?  I can teleport to consult the Venerable Xabu Tababa, an elder in my order.  He may be able to shed the light of wisdom on this problem."  Concerning warning the Arch-Duchess, Talmut continues.  "I do not think that we should share this with anyone else until we know more, however.  Now, does anyone want to accompany me?  Or would it be better if you stayed here to try to catch the assassin in the act?  I can go and come back tonight, in any event, and I can transport all of us."
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:22 pm

"I would love to accompany you, Talmut. I think it would be fascinating to see your home."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:23 pm

"I would, too," Gumphrey says, "but perhaps I should stay here and keep an eye on our room? I'll just tag along the next time."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:29 pm

"You know, I just thought of something!" Elodie claps her hands excitedly. "Poison doesn't affect me anymore, and I can make myself look just like Talmut. Doesn't that sound like the makings of an awesome trap? I'll just go to dinner looking like Talmut, drink the poisoned mead, and then say, 'HA! Tricked you, you conniving evil man!' while you guys shoot at him from the shadows. I mean, I'm still voting for gathering information first...but if it comes to the trap, I think that would be most effective."
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:55 pm

Elodie wrote:Or maybe we should just alert the arch-duchess?"

"I'm not sure tattling to the arch duchess would be wise, besides I'm not sure how she would react if she found out Talmut was reading the minds of the people in her court. However, I will support either plan."

Looking to Gumphrey..

"I'll stay here with Gumphrey while you guys teleport off to the fabled lands."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Oct 08, 2014 5:56 pm

Talmut nods, impressed at Elodie's idea.  "That is an excellent plan."

"Very well, let's be off.  Grasp each other's hands."  Teleport to the audience chambers at the Palace of the Scalene Spire in Aggad, Ma'ag.
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:19 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"I'm not sure tattling to the arch duchess would be wise, besides I'm not sure how she would react if she found out Talmut was reading the minds of the people in her court."
"That's a fair point," Gumphrey agrees. "She might be in league with this would-be assassin. I was just worried they wouldn't believe us that it was self-defense. (I don't really want to get locked up for murder, y'know). I guess we don't really know what we're dealing with here."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:42 pm

"Before we go, Elodie, a word on the Fabled Lands that may be pertinent to this meeting.  Hospitality is very important to my people.  It is considered dishonorable to be a poor host.  More: sharing salt is a sacred bond.  If you partake of a host's salt, you are honor bound to do then no harm for three days.  Now...."poof!
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:46 am

And with that, Talmut and Elodie are gone.

Gumphrey looks to Jeremiah. "What do we do, now? Should we stuff some pillows in Talmut's bed, so it looks like he's sleeping?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:09 am

- OOC: Teleport Roll = 23 (On Target)

Meanwhile, in the audience chamber at the Palace of the Scalene Spire, in Aggad ...

... Elodie finds herself in a spacious, triangular room with many chairs and sofas. Countless embroidered pillows, of various colors, are piled upon the sofas and upon the floor. Heavy drapes hang all around the room, cinched by gold-colored ropes. Behind the drapes, the walls are decorated with strange patterns that resemble the flowing script of Talmut's native tongue. Hundreds of overlapping rugs cover the floor, each one unique and intricate, with colors that match the walls and pillows. A wide tent stands in the middle of the room, open on all sides and made from the same materials as the drapes. A lone table stands under the tent, topped with several round wooden containers and a single carafe. An odd melody fills the air, accompanied by the smell of burning spices, but Elodie does not find the source of either.

To Talmut, this all feels normal. It's home.

Suddenly, there is a voice, but Elodie does not understand the words.

In Ma'agonian: "Master Talmut, you have returned?" Talmut recognizes the voice, right away. It is Mahtabraheen, Xabu-Tababa's invisible Jann Servant.

Last edited by Malazek on Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Oct 09, 2014 1:53 pm

Gumph wrote:"What do we do, now? Should we stuff some pillows in Talmut's bed, so it looks like he's sleeping?"

"We could, I wasn't expecting them to be gone that long but it can't hurt. When were done I plan on heading over to the library to do some reading, are you sticking around here?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Jeremiah wrote:"We could, I wasn't expecting them to be gone that long but it can't hurt. When were done I plan on heading over to the library to do some reading, are you sticking around here?"
"Yeah, I think I should. Otherwise, some killer might sneak in here when the place is empty."

After Jeremiah and Gumphrey create a decoy from pillows. Jeremiah heads over to the library. Having near perfect memory for directions, he has no trouble finding it.

As he approaches the door, it opens and two people exit. One of them is the swarthy man from the dining hall; the one Talmut said was thinking about killing him. With him is a petite woman dressed in red robes; though her face is veiled, Jeremiah can tell that she is of dark complexion. The woman bows and scampers out of the giant-slayer's path. The man nods and says "Pardon me, good sir," as he holds the door open for Jeremiah.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Oct 09, 2014 4:41 pm

Elodie turns around, attempting to figure out who is talking. "Talmut? Are we where we are supposed to be?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:27 pm

"Yes, we have arrived.  Who you do not see is the mighty and wise Jann, Mahtabraheen, counselor and aide to the venerable Xabu Tababa, and yes, I have returned, Mahtabraheen!"  Talmut bows low in greeting the old Jann and lays it on a bit thick, remembering how much he enjoys flattery.  "May I introduce the Lady Elodie, Defender of Umberfall and Warden of the Timberwyld.  Is my Granduncle available?  I have great need of his counsel."
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:47 pm

Talmut wrote:"Yes, we have arrived.  Who you do not see is the mighty and wise Jann, Mahtabraheen, counselor and aide to the venerable Xabu Tababa, and yes, I have returned, Mahtabraheen!"  Talmut bows low in greeting the old Jann and lays it on a bit thick, remembering how much he enjoys flattery.  "May I introduce the Lady Elodie, Defender of Umberfall and Warden of the Timberwyld.  Is my Granduncle available?  I have great need of his counsel."
Now speaking the Common Tongue of the Five Realms, the disembodied voice answers "Indeed, he is in the Icosagon Study of Isimud ... but available? Well, you know he doesn't like to be disturbed. Shall I announce your presence? Or would you prefer to do so?"

"And it is a pleasure to meet you, Lady Elodie. May your visit to the Scalene Spire be a pleasant one. Let me know if there's anything I can do to make your stay more comfortable."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:54 pm

"Thank you, Mahtabraheen." Elodie looks to Talmut, ready to follow him to wherever this complicated-sounding study is located.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:55 am

"Pardon me, good sir,"

Jeremiah will nod his head then start perusing the book collection available in this library.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:19 pm

Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah will nod his head then start perusing the book collection available in this library.
Inside the quaint little library, Jeremiah finds a multitude books crammed into the stout shelves, offering many volumes on a great variety of subjects.
- OOC: He gets a +3 bonus on any research checks while he's in here.

Last edited by Malazek on Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 24 ... 31  Next