Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

+2
Malazek
151prooftattoos
6 posters

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 20 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:12 am

macksgarageusa wrote:
Malazek wrote:The mercants have some quality scribing materials (about 150 gp worth)"

Straegis would be interested in these materials, he has 120 gp if Verity could convince the nice merchant to call that an even trade? If not, can he borrow a couple pence from his pals?

O.O.C.: I'm ok with passing out the gems, but I'm not in a real hurry to get money (other than the few gold I need here), but if we want to hold off until we get somewhere to get the best price, I'm ok with that too.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 20 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:13 am

Halcyon wrote:"On second thought we'll take those scribing materials."

Verity will throw in 30 of his own gold to make up the difference.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Swift wrote:O.O.C. - Mal was telling me that the gems can be used as currency in his world, and I was thinking that is kind of cool. Mal - if I spend some time tomorrow figuring out an even way to split up the money and gems evenly, can we say I did this in Jaru, if I have to make use of some minor currency exchanges
Sure

Straegis wrote:Straegis would be interested in these materials, he has 120 gp if Verity could convince the nice merchant to call that an even trade? If not, can he borrow a couple pence from his pals?
Verity wrote:Verity will throw in 30 of his own gold to make up the difference.
The merchant takes the 150 and hands over the materials. "Thank you, sirs."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Alex hears Katrina's voice in his head, projected to him from a distant location; obviously the result of a Sending ritual. Found more of Umar's ruins. The amulet I told you about has become 'different'. Making real progress. How did your spelunking go? Sailing back. ~'Trina.

Alex can, of course, resond.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex's face bursts into a smile and his eyes flicker up into his head as he responds.

"We did it! Didn't you feel the surge? The Wise Stone is no more, instead there is the watery Vortex of Heroes."

----------
OOC: The reason I stopped putting colour into my posts is because you fools spell it WRONG!
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:14 am

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:“So, on to Harley’s then, for Zephyr, the girls, our wagon, and an end to our countless miles of walking?”
Davin wrote:Davin nods at the Deathknight, dons his shirt and cloak, and pulls his hood up before heading out of the tent into the rain, destination: Harley's.
So, the party heads out into the rain, eager to be reunited with their horses. The journey takes longer than it did last time, but it seems so much shorter after all the walking you've done over the past few weeks.

Before thye even realize it, the heroes are past the point where they fought those "rock monsters" and reach the vibrant orange-brown river known as the Rusty. Turning south, they follow the river until they come to the shadow of Bear Mountain. And there it is: Harley's Cabin.

Sheep stare you down, as the party approaches the cabin. Struggling up the steep slope, the heroes finally reach the cabin. As you step onto the wooden porch, Harley steps out the front door. "Hi there! I figgered it was about time y'all'd be comin' back. Zephyr, Hannibell, Meridock, Beatrice Anne, an' Facey r' all ready to go, but, Bri is sure gonna miss them all. Don' supposed you'd 'sider lettin' 'em stay, would ya?" When the party asnwer "No" she continues. "Well, okay, then. That'll be ... um ... 13 gold? Like we agreed."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin whispers into the horses' ears, obviously happy that they were so well taken care of, as Hound playfully jumps around the steeds.

"13 gold? Easily done! Thank you for your help, Harley."

O.O.C. - I took the 13 gold off my character sheet.

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:“Our sincerest thanks Miss Harley, you were a Godsend in our time of need.” Verity exclaims.
At this he takes her hand and kisses it, bowing low.
He hurriedly makes off to find his old friend, regretting his lack of apples but much pleased all the same.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg tips her another 10 gold.

Subtracted from Char sheet.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:15 am

Malazek wrote:Harley leads the group to the stables at the back of the yard. The horses gallop into the yard, completely unled, and stop short momentarily as if they don't believe their eyes ... then, they trot over to the heroes like old friends. The heroes should be impressed by how well trained these beasts are.

Passive Nature: Davin and Alex can tell immediately that the change is not the result of mere training; something more "mystical" has happened to the horses.

Horses wrote:Zephyr, Hannibell, Meridock, Beatrice Anne, & Facey
Level 10 Soldiers
Large immortal beasts (mount) XP 500
Initiative: +10
Senses: Perception +12, low-light vision
HP 111; Bloodied 55
AC 26; Fortitude 24, Reflex 22, Will 21

Saving Throws: +5 against fear effects
Speed 8; see also zephyr footing

m Kick (standard; at-will)
+16 vs. AC; 1d8+6 damage.

m Trample (standard; at-will)
The celestial charger can move up to its speed and enter enemies’ spaces. This movement provokes opportunity attacks, and the celestial charger must end its move in an unoccupied space. When it enters an enemy’s space, the charger makes a trample attack: +14 vs. Reflex; 1d8+6 damage, and the target is knocked prone.

Celestial Charge (while mounted by a friendly rider of 10th level or
higher; at-will) - Mount, Radiant
On charge attacks, a celestial charger’s rider deals an extra 2d6 radiant damage.

Zephyr Footing
The celestial charger ignores difficult terrain and can move across any solid or liquid surface.

Alignment: Good
Languages: —
Skills: Endurance +16
Str 23 (+11) Dex 17 (+Cool Wis 15 (+7) Con 23 (+11) Int 3 (+1) Cha 15 (+7)
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Our horses are the schite now, holy crap!!!! Let's say we go run over some dwarves!

Straegis digs thru his pack and manages to scrounge up 2 loose gold coins, which he gladly hands to Harley "Wish I had more to give ya', many thanks for the excellent care of our equine allies!"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:"Y'all never learnt yer numbers? Well, good thing I'm honest. This here is 25 gold'uns; not 13. Here ..." She tries to hand the extra 12 back to someone. After being told that the extra is for gratuity, she says "Oh, well, thank ya, thank ya."

Passive Nature: Clearly, this is no ordinary adolescent girl.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity bridles Zephyr and leads the beast to the barn to saddle up. On the way he begins a lengthy though one-sided conversation with the horse.
He’s sure Harley gives here charges the best of care, but he verifies that Zephyrs hooves are clean and well-shod just in case. After re-checking the saddle strap, he mounts and starts off at a canter.
Finding Zephyr’s footing perfectly sure despite the wet grass and mud, he coaxes the horse to speed. After leaping boulders and deadfalls at a full run, he rounds back to the cabin.
“Mountain air’s done you good, eh old boy? Or is it having all these ladies about to impress?”
“Harley, we owe you a great debt of gratitude. If there is anything you need you have simply to ask.”

Once that's sorted he asks his companions, "To the Imperial City then?"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:16 am

Malazek wrote:
Halcyon wrote:"To the Imperial City then?"
OOC: Are you guys just gonna ride there? It's like a 21 day journey.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Thought we would just portal from Jaru, no???
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:The Elf's eyes widen in astonishment.

Detecting something "different" about the horses, Davin bows low and stammers another thanks to a girl who is is much more than she seems.

"Uhh..our sincerest gratitude, lady Harley. As my friends have said - any boon you ask of us in the future is a good as done."

Halcyon wrote:Once that's sorted he asks his companions, "To the Imperial City then?"

"Aye - to the Capital."

The Ranger clasps Juugug, Taal, Azzy, and Kersh's hands in turn as he says his goodbyes.

"Stay safe, my friends, and find out what you can of the Dwarven hold on the Cave Temple. We will be together again before you know it."

With that, Davin harnesses Hanibell, Meridock, B.A., and Facey to the wagon and hops up to his familiar perch as Hound climbs up to curl beside him. He then looks at Straegis and Alex expectantly, waiting for the Portal to open up that will lead them to the Imperial City.

Malazek wrote:
Halcyon wrote:"To the Imperial City then?"
OOC: Are you guys just gonna ride there? It's like a 21 day journey.

I sure hope not!

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex nods to Davin, then settles down with his spellbook between his open legs when they reach the portal at Jaru. He flicks through the spellbook propped up on an impromptu stand made of ice, whilst another hand takes out reagents that are becoming increasingly familiar and begins to mix and filter them before setting up the Imperial City sigil sequence within the Jaru's etched symbols.

Before long the ritual is completed. He raises his arms and a disk of water hovers in the air in front of everyone, the water freezes to ice and for an instant Alex's face is reflected back at him in the sheet, before it becomes translucent and once again leads to the Imperial City.

----------
50gp reagents subtracted.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: If Alex has 15 gp more of reagents, lets just do the portal from here, Straegis will chip in 70 gp worth and we can save a half days travel. I already subtracted 70 gold from char. sheet.

Straegis smiles at Harley and asks "Fair maiden, where do you hail from originally? What be your family name? Where did you acquire such a talent in animal training?" He waits for her answers hoping to hear a name, or place or something he recognizes.

O.O.C.2: Invisible Castle is down, I wanted to roll a couple history checks on her responses, and maybe arcana on her? Mal, please roll for me: History is +19, Arcana is +22.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:17 am

magicspellz12 wrote:OOC: Sure, I got that. +19 Arcana.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Straegis wrote: "Fair maiden, where do you hail from originally? What be your family name? Where did you acquire such a talent in animal training?"
"Fair Maiden, Teehee!" she blushes. "I don't train 'em; I jus' teach 'em. I learnt it from my mother, Melora."

Passive History, Nature, or Religion: Melora is the goddess of the Wilderness and of the Sea!!

Davin wrote:"Stay safe, my friends, and find out what you can of the Dwarven hold on the Cave Temple. We will be together again before you know it."
Ye too. An' watch out fer Vangg. He's likely t' choketh on 'is beard."
"Yess, an' well metss, Davidge Fletchumss."
"An da boy, too. 'e's still a bits greenish 'ehind da ears."
"Uh, ye be all greenss 'ehind da ears. An' infrontss, too."
Juugug glares at Taalgarnuk, and chuckles. Both of them give Vangg and Verity giant hugs, and they shake hands with everyone else.

"Bye dad!" Azzy says to Verity. "I shall see you soon?"

"Bye friend Alex an' friend Vangg an' friend Verity an' friend Straegis an' friend Davin an' friend Hound! I go wit' friend Taalgarnuk an' friend Juugug an' friend Azzy, now."

"Fairwellss, ever'un."
"Safe bejourneyin's, all!"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg gives hugs and says his goodbyes.

"Finally gits ta beleave da stench o' muckerkins an' go'bins fer da Queen's sakes . . . fare thee wells bruthas, us cross pathrights ag'ins."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:And so, the ritual is cast, and the wagon rolls on through the portal; Harley waves good-bye as the party leaves. When the emerge, they find themselves in the rubble-filled courtyard of the ruined Imperial Library ... behind enemy lines!

But nobody seems to be around.

OOC: Remember, the sigils the party had were for the portals at the Imperial Library; when they left for Jaru, it was through a Linked Portal ritual Agatha had cast in an alley.

Barriers Breached wrote:With the wagon already packed (and your goodbyes said the night before), Draxus leads the team to an alley where Agatha has prepared the ritual. As soon as the party is ready, she will need the sigil codes of Jaru from Alex. Once those are drawn, she can create the portal (of course, any help from Alex or Straegis will be appreciated).
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:18 am

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Would that put us near the Temple of the Raven Queen? We still have a stinky body to dispose of.
-Swift

DM EDIT: Uh, sorta. Both are on the "Dwarf's side" of the city.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Before leaving Harley's:

Azraelbenzariel wrote:"Bye dad! I shall see you soon?"

"Indeed you shall.
"Straegis and Alex harnessed untold power in creating the Heroes Vortex: never before have mortals bent the very elements of creation to their will. Their knowledge must be shared else all could be lost in in a cataclysm to make the dwarves plans seem paradise by comparison.
"Too we shall find what Sallowmane knew of The Great Rihn, as be the Queen's will that we we may complete Her quest. We shall return with the haste She decrees, likely within the week."
He looks to the others.
"Juugug and Tully, take care of your charges here and try not to kill each other. Bye Kersh."

Upon arriving in the Imperial City behind enemy lines:
"Oh yeah...Damn. Do we have a map of the city? Might want to take back roads to the Temple."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex's eyes almost burn with ferocity. "I am not afraid." Is all that escapes his lips. Since creating the vortex he has been so full of power, perhaps even killing a few dwarves -for they could hardly be innocent- would be easily worth the chance to experiment to see how far he can stretch his magic now.

------------------
I hope this game never ends Very Happy
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 27 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 23 ... 27  Next