Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

+2
Malazek
151prooftattoos
6 posters

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 27 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:41 am

Verity wrote:When the Emperor’s attention is not otherwise occupied, Verity mentions, “It’s a pity all the heroes of the Heroes Vortex could not attend. Frater, Olivia, Juugug and the rest each played a critical role. To they who continue the fight!” He raises a glass.
"Well said," The Emperor agrees, raising his own glass.

Verity wrote:After he’ll join Straegis at the General’s table and help convince them of the Warlord’s cause.
“The Cave Temple is an invaluable point from which to access the dwarf lands; indeed all the kingdoms of the Underdark.. This campaign proved that well enough."

“Deep in the bedrock of the Empires south shore it can be made well nigh impenetrable, and in short order. I would think we’d want to beat the dwarves to that one. It’s location on the sea makes it suitable as a point to re-stock naval vessels. And let us not forget why the Dwarves massacred scores of my bretheren there.”
Verity’s eyes flash and and he barely suppresses a snarl at the thought.

“The Cave Temple is a nexus of their bender’s magic. Restoring it to the Goddess of Fate shall not only add to our own good fortune – it shall remove our enemies from a mighty source arcane power; a double blessing.”

Diplomacy: 24, 36, 42, 34, 39
The generals listen to his their plan, and agree that it's worth considering.

"Hmm. Yes, yes. There's an idea, now, isn't it?"
"A yes, good idea, good idea."
"Good idea, indeed."
"Well, it's an idea worth considering, anyway."
"Ah yes. Worth considering."
"I think it's a marvelous idea."
"Oh, marvelous?"
"Very well, we shall set it before the Emperor, then?"
"Yes, yes, Straightaway."
"Well, not straightaway, necessarilly; but after dinner."
"Right. After dinner. That sounds like a plan."

Davin wrote:"So...what, about 10 days march to the Cave Temple? Maybe 7 if the troops sail there? That's what we should do, send the troops down the Sazarus River. That should give us just enough time to get our stops done and then back to the Cave Temple ourselves. We would need an overwhelming force, of course...we will be fighting Dwarves in caves that have had time to dig in."
After Verity and Straegis have convinced the generals, they bounce the idea off of Ferall. The Emperor listens intently to the plan, and then considers Davin's math. "That very well might work. If you're sure that's what we want, then I'll get things moving; it'll require a coordinated effort between the Army and the Navy, so I'll see to it myself."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 27 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 23, 2009 7:23 pm

OOC: So, I guess we're done here? Time to move onto the Femdrell?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:52 pm

OOC: Yes! Let's get this story moving~~ bounce
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:44 am

Prior to leaving, Lt. Colonel Fletcher wants to know the makeup and C.O. of the troops that will be headed to the Cave Temple. If we have the chance to meet him, Davin will warn him about our operatives working in the area (Juugug, Taal, Kersh, and Azzy) and set up a good spot to rendezvous. If the IMC will do a Sending for him, Davin sends a message to Taal, telling him the plan.

The Ranger also want to be newly-bathed, uniform, armor, boots, and equipment cleaned and shined. He gives Hound a bath and cleans his barding. With his new medals pinned to his chest, Davin approaches the others gathering at the ATW. Looking spotless and sharp, the Elf lets his friends know he is ready to go.

Diplomacy (Dressed To Impress)=28

-Swift

Last edited by Swifthand on Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:30 am; edited 2 times in total
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Mon Aug 24, 2009 11:04 am

Straegis will meander around, fraternizing with the locals until time to leave. He will have someone show them where the new teleportation circle is located and make sure they have its sequence. When everyone else is ready to go, he will prepare the ritual and get ready for them to leave for the Femdrell.

O.o.C: Ready to go, subtracted 85 gp from party components.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:42 pm

Swifthand wrote:Prior to leaving, Lt. Colonel Fletcher wants to know the makeup and C.O. of the troops that will be headed to the Cave Temple. If we have the chance to meet him, Davin will warn him about our operatives working in the area (Juugug, Taal, Kersh, and Azzy) and set up a good spot to rendezvous. If the IMC will do a Sending for him, Davin sends a message to Taal, telling him the plan.
Lord-General Kaster Pollux will be leading the attack. He is bringing with him his entire brigade (consisting of 5 regiments, so approximately 25,000 soldiers).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:46 pm

And now, after several days of respite in the wartorn Imperial City, the heroes finally step through a Portal to the Femdrell.

And so ends Chapter Six. Chapter Seven resumes here.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:12 pm

Malazek wrote:Siqerod and Aodhan Blas are spotted in the pit, cheering with everyone else.
Malazek wrote:(By now, several people are moving around; socializing when their meals are done).
magicspellz12 wrote:Before leaving, Alex finds Siqerod and informs him of his success in learning his resistance spell. "Do you have any other homemade magics you might care to share?"
DM: You know what? I'm going to respond to this back in Chapter 6, where it happened.
"Well, I have been working on a few, but most of them aren't quite finished. You can look at them, if you like."

He allows Alex to peruse his book. There isn't quite enough time to make a copy anything, but Alex makes a few notes. He is pretty sure he understands the concepts well enough to duplicate them (or atleast, to create something with a similiar effect). Siqerods' magic is clearly ordinary magic (i.e. not an elemental-mancy), but his ability to affect the metaphysics of magic make his spells viable for either type of caster.
OOC: In otherwords, when Alex levels up, he could switch out existing powers for these ones ...
... or, you could make up something similiar (much like you have been with your water-based variations)

Siqerod's Destablization Wizard Utility 6
You render an enemy's spell inert, by robbing it of its magical fuel (mana).
Daily - Arcane
Standard Action - Ranged 10
Target: One conjuration or zone
Attack: Intelligence vs. the Fortitude defense of the creator of the conjuration or the zone.
Hit: The conjuration or the zone is destroyed. All its effects end, including those that normally last until a target saves.

Siqerod's Magical Barrier Utility 2
Through the power of mana, you can bolster your mind and body against attacks.
Encounter - Arcane, Force
Immediate Interrupt - Personal
Trigger: You are hit by an attack
Effect: You gain a +4 power bonus to Fortitude and Will defenses until the end of your next turn.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:53 pm

Alex makes some notes. "Thank you very much. I hope these come in useful in the femdrell. I'm sure they will. Especially the destabilisation, I'm sure ther are any nasty creatures that have vile effects, if I just tanspose the mana lines fuelling the zone, it'll interrupt the cadence of the..." He continues to ramble and discuss magic for a few moments. Then he apologises.

"Sorry. I must be off, we're going to the Femdrell. Hmm. I don't suppose you've anything of interest I could loan to read? I've been perusing my spellbook, etolic myths and the codex of rock magic for a while and I'd really like something not written by a rockbender, or my own hand, to read! Should I try the library instead? We have a bag of holding so I could take a number of tomes at no extra weight. I'd very much appreciate it!"
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:19 pm

"Well, the library was destroyed ... as you know, since you were there. I'd be happy to lend you the book I just finished: Ways and Methods of the Banshrae. It was really quite interesting; you should give it a read."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:32 am

"Very much appreciaited. Be seeing you then."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 27 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 25, 26, 27