Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

+2
Malazek
151prooftattoos
6 posters

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 6 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:11 am

151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg: HP: 61/86 AC:24 Fort:20 Ref:18 Will:26 Healing Surges:11/11 AP:0

Standard: Cast Solar Wrath
(Close burst 8 )
OOC: 13 of 'em in close burst 8 Razz

Attack: 1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=14, 1d20+10=14, 1d20+10=19, 1d20+10=15, 1d20+10=14, 1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=29, 1d20+10=23, 1d20+10=24, 1d20+10=13, 1d20+10=21, 1d20+10=21

(Natural 19 or 20 = CRITS)

Damage: 3d8+6=20

Minor: Sustain CG
Move: None

"Traitor? Feel da Queen's backward blessin's fer ye's!"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 6 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts"

Malazek wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C.: Can Straegis see the female Dwarf yet?
OOC: Not clearly. Through OHOM he knows where she is and what she's doing, but she's too far to get a clear look (Davin can see her because he has a Perception of 22 can see in the Dark and ignores Concealment).
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 47/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:18, Action Points=0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 99/105; AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8 SV:26, Action Points=1

With a thought, the shadows seem to surround and envelope Davin. The Bolters facing him are left with a vauge, hazy outline to try and target.

"Reed - next target to the West; big blonde beard, next to the anvil standard."

"Juugug, when you have a chance, distract the second Hammerer from Straegis." (If the Hammerer moves from I8 towards Straegis I can get a SCS shot on him.)

Round 9, Davin
Initiative - 27
Move - Use Qalibarian Gravehide armour power - gain Concealment vs. ranged attacks against foes further than 5 sq. away from me
Minor – Designate 5 closest Dwarves as my Hunter's Quarry
Standard – Twin Strike Dwarven Commander (If the first shot kills last rounds Commander, i'll move to a new one)

Healing Surge=30
Twin Strike 1=37
Twin Strike 2=25
TS1 Damage=14
TS2 Damage=8
Spitting Cobra Stance=21 (23 w/CA)
SCS Damage=18
HQ Damage=13

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 9, Hound
Initiative=8
Move - Shift to J4
Minor - Designate K5 Bolter as Hunter's Quarry
Standard - Hunt's End K5 Bolter

Hunt's End=23
Damage=22
HQ Damage=4

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity - HP: 64/98 AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 23 Will: 25 Healing Surges: 11/11 Action Points: 0 Init: 27

Standard: Holy Strike dwarf
24 to hit, 9 damage
Move: Forward if current foe falls
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 am

magicspellz12 wrote:Did some levelling up today. I think I'm settled on Spellstorm mage (But I'm considering the Chance magician from Arcane Power).

I wanna help out! Let me help out Verity by placing a grasping shadows just infront of him to help hinder the people coming to get him! I'll be fully returned very soon.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 am

Malazek wrote:OOC: I have an interview this morning, so I'll update when I get back; which will probably be early afternoon. Sorry for the delay.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:13 am

Malazek wrote:Recap & Resolution ...

Round 9 - East!

Init 27
Using the Dread Tyrant's cloak, Davin cloaks himself in shadow and sends two more bolts into the Dwarven command structure; another Commander is wounded.

Init 16
With their line challenged by the Mutt and the Fisherman, the Bolters try to shift back for a better angle; but the Fisherman had prevents their retreat and beats one of them to death.
Mordax's OA: 18 vs Bolter. 11 Damage. Move Interrupted.
Mordax's OA: 29 vs Bolter. 9 Damage. Move Interrupted.
D3 Bolter is Bloodied
Jackal Strike vs D3: 20 vs AC. 24 Damage.

The others shift just fine; then all of them fire.
24 vs Mordax. Miss.
22 vs Mordax. Miss.
15 vs Davin. Miss.
23 vs Davin. Miss.
23 vs Straegis. Miss.
29 vs Straegis. 12 Damage

Init 15
Sensing a shift in the fight, Juugug targets the #2 Dwarf on the ramp with a Daunting Light.
19 vs Ref. 10 Damage. Davin gains CA against H8.

Init 14
Two of Kradag's Hunters make it back, cutting into the Bolters with their spears.

Init 13
Commanding his fellow to stand tough, Straegis slays the pesky Hammerer at the top of the ramp and uses the opportunity to survey the troops.

Init 10
Morax moves to the middle of battle and uses his handy net pull four of the Dwarfs next to him, so that he can brutally slams them all with the Gravity Hammer.
Come and Net it: Close Burst 3.
21 vs AC. 14 Damage.
29 vs AC. 16 Damage.

The Hammerers, however, continue to press their assualt on the ramp. Stepping up to take the place of his fallen fellow, another falls victim to Davins SCS.

Clearly outmatched, the other two call for a surrender.
"Hold ye bolts, Feywarriors. We give."

Init 8
Unable to understand the words coming out of the Dwarf's mouth, Hound dashes over and end's another of the Bolters.

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 6 74938915.th

Round 9 - West!

Init 27
Verity strikes again, but still his foe refuses to die.

Init 16
Solar flares erupt from Vangg's body, burning his foes with a fiery wrath.
OOC: Couldn't draw your AoE because it covered the whole map!

Init 15
The two hammerer's on the ramp perish; the combined effects of Vangg's consecration and radiant fury were too much for them; especially with Verity also beating on them with his sword.

Still on fire from a moment before, the one's at the bottom are nearly finished. Desperately, the throw their last hammers at their former kinsman.
20 vs Vangg. Miss.
14 vs Vangg. Miss.
26 vs Vangg. 2 Damage
12 vs Vangg. Miss.
13 vs Vangg. Miss.

Init 14
Alex steps over to the edge, ready to cover thr ramp with "Grasping Shadows" ... seeing the Dwarves on the ramp already dead, he instead decides to kill the remaining Hammerers with his patented Grave Fog!

OOC: Grasping Shadows? Didn't see that on your Character sheet, so i wasn't sure which spell it was. At any rate, I figured you'd do something else if all the Dwarves on the ramp were already dead. Was I right?

Init 10
The Bolters are also nearly done in by Vangg, but they manage to fire one last time ... The nearby hunter assures that one of them pays the ultimate price for taking that shot.
27 vs Vangg. 10 Damage
30 vs Vangg. 11 Damage
24 vs Vangg. 11 Damage
CRIT! vs Vangg. 17 Damage
16 vs Vangg. Miss.
15 vs Vangg. Miss.

Init 9
Taalgarnuk throws a dagger at one the few remaining Bolters, and kills it. More of Kradag's Hunters arrive, finishing off most of the remaining Bolters.

Only one remains, and he throws his crossbow to the floor in defeat.

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 6 50641238.th

Round 9 - Atop the Wall!

Jenna and the Rangers continue to assault the main battle with distance attacks. Reed again fires at the same target as Davin, killing another commander. he then chooses a new Commander, and fires.

Round 9 - The Main Battle!

Struggling against their own wounds, Frater and Kersh continue to make every attack against them a painful one. Finally, across the battle field, the Warhulk's battle cry rings out "FLAIL HURRICANE!" ... Frater's troops step over the slain Dwarves to quickly fill the void left by Kersh's flail.

With swords in front and spears behind, the Vanguard manages to hold off the Dwarven assault so that more and more Imperials to make their way through the center of the Dwarven ranks. Following Straegis orders, their formation pushes against the dwarves, widening the wedge so the Terrmancers don't have such an easy time of it.

But the Terramancers are not finished yet. Though their magical power has to reach its limits eventually, it hasn't yet. Rocky matter continues to devastate the Etolic forces ... the Imilites do their best to compete, but they are no match. After a lethal bolt claims High Scholar Isaac's life, the others assume a more defensive stance; hedging their bets, and saving their remaining magiks for strategic opportunities.

The Dwarven clerics seem the biggest difference, keeping the Dwarven troops more-or-less healthy and ready to jump back into the action ... but the absense of commanders is taking it's toll; the Dwarves seem unable to get organized and form effective formations.

The blonde bearded she-Dwarf presses forward at double speed, clearly trying to catch the Death Angel, but she still has a long way to go (she's still out of range, but is quickly approaching an attackable distance).

Azzy slashes his way back to within a few yards of Kersh and Frater. Despite having paved a road with corpses behind him, the Death Angel appears relatively unscathed.

Finally, the Garkondrak hunters that did not return to the wall begin throwing their spears at the Clerics. A few are foolish enough to take the bait, and the hunters lead them back toward the wall.

Onto Round 10!
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity - HP: 75/98 AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 23 Will: 25 Healing Surges: 11/11 Action Points: 0 Init: 27

Verity offers the battered Vangg a healing blessing.
"Fine work brothers, Alex. Now the way is clear and that bitch seeks to harm Azzy!" ,He says by way of explanation before jumping heavily from the ramp and rushing towards the fray.

Minor: Lay on Hands for Vangg, heal as if he spent a surge +5 for Verity's Charisma mod.
Standard: Jump off ramp, Athletics ; 3 on die + 5 1/2 lvl + 5 Trained -2 Armour - 2 Shield = 9
Move: Towards Sallowmane
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 58/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=8/8, SV:18, Action Points=0
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 105/105; AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8 SV:26, Action Points=1

"That's five down and onto number six, Reed."

Davin targets Reed's choice of Commanders and adds a couple bolts to seal his fate, cooling moving forward while firing his Crossbow. Then, out of the corner of his eye, he see's his grim armoured friend jump into the thick of the battle, wading through the masses, intent on supporting Azzy.

"I have your back, Verity."

"Cyl, Sai Ti!" ("Hound, To Me!")

Let me know when Sallowmane is in range so I can support Verity. I have moved up 7 so perhaps my SCS will go off on Dwarves attacking our troops (not the ones that just gave up), but I don't know where the "line" is in relation to me.

Round 10, Davin
Initiative - 27
Move - Forward 7 squares
Standard – Twin Strike Dwarven Commander Reed shot (if he falls with arrow 1, I will move to a new one)

Twin Strike 1=26
Twin Strike 2=25
TS1 Damage=8
TS2 Damage=8
Spitting Cobra Stance=37
SCS Damage=17
HQ Damage=12

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Round 10, Hound
Initiative=8
Move - Follow Davin, staying 1 square ahead and adjacent
Minor - Designate a close Dwarf as HQ
Standard - Readied Action: Hit and Run any Dwarf that moves to attack Davin

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:14 am

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:19/75 AC:24 Fort:23 Ref:23 Will:20 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

On the surrender of the remaining dwarves Straegis says to the Grakondrak hunters in Draconic, "Drik, nass fil enves tranakal venicc aal haren ra cekks gran, asiin fev aklim ran dekern." (Men, see to it that these oafs can't escape or attack again, then rejoin us we'll need you as soon as possible.) He winces as he pulls a bolt from his chest and asks Juugug "Could you help with my wounds sir?" After some healing, Straegis will make sure Olivia is aware of the dwarf Cleric as well as what she seems to be doing. He takes one last look around the battlefield before heading off the ramp and in the direction of his allies.

Minor: Tactical Assistance.
Move: Off the ramp, then towards allies.
Standard: Jump off ramp.

Tactics: 1d20=18+17=35
Athletics(Jump): 1d20=5+14=19
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg will move toward Davin and Straegis.

WoeVangg: HP: 78/86 AC:24 Fort:20 Ref:18 Will:26 Healing Surges:12/13 AP:0

Grinning at Verity -
"Tanks young bucks . . . ye Go'bin masta mighthap learnt an ting or thrice from ye! Seein' 'ows 'e almosteth let da longears be killed an' what nots . . ."

Standard: None
Minor: HW on self
Move: Toward their Direction

OOC: Verity's LoH brought Vangg from 10 to 36. Will cast Healing Word on Self (spend HS(21) and add 3d6 to it (+11 from BoH)) = 78.
-- Unless encounter is considered over - will cast something else --

3d6=10
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:Round 10 Resolution & Recap ...

Init 27
After healing, Verity jumps from the ramp. Landing with a thud, he heads off toward the thick of battle.
Fall (2d10) = 17. -4 from Athletics. = 13 Damage.
After moving 7 squares, Verity is more than half way to the line of skirmish (the LoS is actually "^-shaped" so he is passing Dwarves along the sides of the hall in his rush to reach the center of the wedge).

Davin and Reed take down another Commander. The hunter then moves forward, following his friend toward the main conflict, firing again as he does so.
The Commander that Reed picked out last round is now down.
After moving 7 squares, Davin is almost more than half way to the line of skirmish.
SCS takes out a Dwarf along the wall (near the right-tip of the ^ formation).

Init 16
Vangg heals himself and then moves safely down the ramp.
OOC: Instead of NO Standard action, I assume Vangg would use that to move (in addition to moving on his move action?). If he actually runs down the ramp from his current position, he'll just reach the bottom of the ramp.

Init 15
Using his last prayer of healing, Juugug heals Straegis.
Heal 36. Juugug is tapped for healing powers.

Init 14
The hunters use their spears to corral the surrendered Dwarves into a huddle.
Alex moves forward with the others.

Init 13
Providing quick tactical support to his Lieutenant, Straegis leaps from the ramp and heads off toward the battle behind the others.
Fall (3d10) = 17. -9 from Athletics. = 8 Damage.

Init 10
Mordax follows Davin.

Init 9
Taalgarnuk supervises the hunters in taking prisoners. He starts binding the prisoners with the silk rope he brought along.

Init 8
Moving alongside his best friend, Hound is ready to bite anyone who dare come close enough.

Elsewhere
Jenna and the Rangers continue their ranged assault.

Kersh and Frater are beginning to falter. Sensing the need for relief, Frater taps Kersh on the shoulder and backs up to behind a fresh line troops. Kersh follows, but takes a beating in doing so. The ogre looks as if he could keep over at any time.

Following the Marshal's advice, Olivia orders her troops to push against the Dwarven lines, squeezing them to the wall and creating an alley for the heroes wishing to reach the center point of the wedge.

Sallowmane finally reaches Azzy, but the Death Angel vanishes! Reappearing amid a group of Terramancers, he starts to wrack vengeance upon those who might have killed his mother. The Terramancers who survive the initial assault, turn and hit Azzy with everything they've got. For once, the Death Angel actually appears hurt ... but then transform into a terrifying Pillar of Souls! Necrotic and Radiant energes slay more of the Terramancers, as well as several other Dwarves, creating a field of corpses around Azzy! Only two of the nearby Terramancers remain standing, and they are looking worse for wear.

Dissappointed, Sallowmane throws up her hands, and moves toward the Death Angel, again ...
She is NOW in Range of Davin's Crossbow

Across the battle, other Terramancers continue to crush the troops with magical rock. The Watermancers have regrouped and seem to be discussing a new plan.

Onto Round 11!

OOC: Sorry if I missed anything. People today seem determined to bother me with endless prattle; was finding it difficult to focus on the task at hand.

DM EDIT: By now, the troop formations might looke something like this (but don't hold me to exact specifics; I was kind of eye-balling it)
:

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 6 45885428.th
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:15 am

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 58/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=7/8, SV:18, Action Points=0
Hound: HP 105/105; AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 17 Will 15; Healing Surges=8/8 SV:26, Action Points=1

"That's six, Reed. I see another right in the middle, near Kersh!"

Round 11, Davin
Initiative - 27
Move - Davin will only move to keep SCS viable (DM's caveat); if I do not need to move, Davin will quaff a Healing Potion
Standard – Twin Strike Commander

Twin Strike 1=32
Twin Strike 2=27
TS1 Damage=13
TS2 Damage=9
Spitting Cobra Stance=25
SCS Damage=15
HQ Damage=12

Round 11, Hound
Initiative=8

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity - HP: 75/98 AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 23 Will: 25 Healing Surges: 11/11 Action Points: 0 Init: 27

"Azraelbenzariel, to me!"Verity calls to the wounded Death Angel.

Verity will move up the middle as far as he can while keeping his commrades within 100 feet (to maintain OHOM).
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis II: HP:47/75 AC:24 Fort:23 Ref:23 Will:20 Healing Surges:8/8 Action Points:1

Straegis continues heading in the direction of his allies, toward the center of the fray. He does his best to keep Olivia informed of the status of the battle.

Minor: Tactics Assist.
Move: 5 sq. toward the main battle.
Move: 5 sq. toward the main battle.

Tactics: 1d20=10+17=27
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 am

Malazek wrote:Round 11 Resolution & Recap ..

For a brief moment, the battle seems to maintain a steady rythm: Davin and Reed begin to take down anothr Commander; Verity rushes forward, moving behind the Vanguard; Vangg and Juugug follow behind their companions, with Alex close behind; Kradag's hunters harry and guard; Straegis moves parallel to Verity while directed the troops; Mordax and Hound stay one step ahead of Davin; Taalgarnuk finishes tying the captives; Jenna and the Rangers continue to kill from afar; Kersh and Frater take advantage of a respiteful moment; The Imerials and the Dwarves continue to trade blow for blow, while the Dwarven clerics keep their fellows standing; Olivia and the Vanguard continue to hold their position, providing support where they can; the Terrmancers continue to blast, as the Aquamancers wait it out ... Champion Sallowmane finally reaches Azzy, just as he takes flight; shaking her fist at the Death Angel, she grits her teeth in frustration. Azzy flies over the troops and lands next to "father."

Onto Round 12!
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:16 am

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 68/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=6/8, SV:18, Action Points=0

"Seven down. To the east, near the wall."

Round 12, Davin
Initiative - 27
Move - Davin will only move to keep SCS viable (DM's caveat)
Standard – Twin Strike Commander

Twin Strike 1=37
Twin Strike 2=31
TS1 Damage=12
TS2 Damage=11
Spitting Cobra Stance=27
SCS Damage=21
HQ Damage=17

Round 12, Hound
Initiative=8

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:17 am

151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg will continue until he catches up to Davin and Straegis.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity - HP: 62/98 AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 23 Will: 25 Healing Surges: 10/11 Action Points: 0 Init: 27

"MEDICS! TEND SERVINUS, THE OGRE, AND ME!” Verity roars over the din before turning to Azzy.
"Your work here does great honor to your mother Ellasarosha: Still there is much death to be dealt.
"Take a moment to restore your strength. Then make ready to fly us to their hero Sallowmane.”

Free: Call for use of Heal skill, advise Azzy to use second wind.
Move: Towards the van
Minor: Heal Kersh with Templar power, he regains surge value.
Standard: Omen of Doom

OCC: If using the extra move granted by Paragon class will get Azzy and Verity adjacent to Sallowmane, I’ll do that rather than wait for a medic.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: Can we get a crude map with people's positions? Need to heal some peeps but have no idea where everyone is located~~
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:18 am

Malazek wrote:
151prooftattoos wrote:OOC: Can we get a crude map with people's positions? Need to heal some peeps but have no idea where everyone is located~~
OOC: Well, here is the map from Round 10. On Round 11, Verity and Alex and Straegis moved "north;" Azzy flew to meet Verity; Sallowmane flew to where Azzy was; and Vangg moved north east (he'll have to cut through the lines) ... so just "eye-ball" their relative positions from there. (But the Round 12 Recap will be coming soon, and there will be smaller more up-to-date maps presented with it).
DM wrote:Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 6 45885428.th
Greenish-gold = Imperial Troops
Orange = Frater
Lavender = Vanguard
Pale-green = Kradag's Hunters
Yellow-green = Reed's Rangers
Green-green = Reed, Davin, Straegis, Mordax, Hound
Pale-red = Vangg, Verity, Juugug, Taalgarnuk
Pale-blue = Jenn, High Scholars
Paler-blue = Garrett, House Guard
Big Green = Kersh
Big Purple = Azzy
?? = Somehow, Alex's color didn't show up, but somewhere behind Verity.

Dark-brown = Hammerers
Brown = Commanders
Tan = Bolters
Off-white = Rock-benders
Golden-brown = Clerics
Pink = Sallowmane (who moved over toward where Azzy is).
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:OOC: Sorry for the lateness of the recap. Only just woke up. Also, this recap is going to take some time to post ...
(DM EDIT: Took me 2 hours to finish this post).

Round 12 Resolution & Recap ...

Init 27
Without moving, Davin and Reed continue to snipe, felling another Commander. Their persistent assault upon the command structure of the Dwarves seems to be working.
Davin's second bolt drops the Commander from last round.
Reed picks out another and double-taps her.

Concerned for everyone's safety, Verity calls out for attention to the wounded.
Free Action to speak; then Delay to Azzy's Init (25)?

Init 25
Verity heals Kersh. As he does, Azzy lifts the holy warrior into the air, and soars toward Champion Sallowmane. When they arrive, Verity hits Brigit with a Prophecy of Doom! Setting Verity safely on the floor, Azzy swings his Scythe at the Dwarf (who seems all too happy to meet these two in battle).
Azzy swings twice and misses both times.

Init 24
Whispering one of Moradin's ancient battle prayers, Sallowmane floods the angel's body with pain; Azzy convulses and cries out in agony.
Azzy takes 20 Damage & is -4 to All Defenses.

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 6 75288089.th

Init 16
Vangg scurries through the marching lines, reaching Davin and the others.

Book Two: Chapter Six: "Prosperous Hosts" - Page 6 57858249.th

Init 15
Juugug lashes out at the nearby foes with his Sacred Flame, burning the Dwarf and invigorating Vangg.
"Where ye been; lazin' in da corners somewheres??"
Vangg gains 8 Temporary HPs

Suddenly, Davin spins and fires a bolt into the crowd to his right, taking out another Dwarf as it stepped up to fill a void in the ranks. The Hunters dash in out of the line, stabbing at Dwarves with their spears.

Init 14
Alex rejoins the Imilities at the center of battle; but unlike his beaten kinsmen, the Maelstrom opens up on the surrounding Dwarves with his patented Waterwhip. Spotting Isaac lying on the ground and bleeding, Alex checks his wounds, but it's too late.
OOC: Had to post something; and it seemed like a reasonable course of action.

Init 13
Having reached the Vanguard, Straegis personally directs the troops on the front line.
Using Standard Action this time, as per our conversation yesterday ...
Tactics: 28 (before Modifiers)

Init 11
The Hammerers surrounding Verity and Azzy and Sallowmane throw hammers and axes ...
18, 13, 27, 12, 19 vs Verity. All Miss.
20, 28, 1, 26, 21 vs azzy. All Miss.
1, 14, CRIT!, 17, 26 vs Azzy. One Hit. 9 Damage

Init 10
Mordax holds his ground, sworn to protect Davin as he snipes.

The Bolters surrounding Verity and Azzy and Sallowmane open fire.
29 vs Verity. 8 Damage
23 vs Azzy. Miss.
25 vs Azzy. Miss.
1 vs Azzy. Miss.
17 vs Verity. Miss.
29 vs Azzy. Miss.
17 vs Azzy. Miss.
CRIT! vs Azzy. 17 Damage
15 vs Verity. Miss.
31 vs Verity. 12 Damage
19 vs Azzy. Miss.
1 vs Azzy. Miss.
31 vs Azzy. 9 Damage
1 vs Azzy. Miss.
1 vs Azzy. Miss.
1 vs Azzy. Miss.
19 vs Azzy. Miss.
26 vs Verity. Miss.
27 vs Azzy. Miss.
31 vs Azzy. 13 Damage
CRIT! Azzy. 17 Damage
23 vs Azzy. Miss.
30 vs Azzy. 13 Damage

The two Rockbenders attack Azzy with magical stone, but their attacks prove feeble against the might of da Queen's servant.

Init 9
Taalgarnuk and the other Hunters move alongside the marching column toward the center of battle

Init 8
Hound stands watch at Davin's side, guarding the elf from harm.

Meanwhile & Elsewhere
The forces on the wall continue to rain down destruction, as both armies struggle to win this battle. Many more join the ranks of the wounded and slain. Under the direction of the eladrin Marshal, Frater and Olivia command their troops, ordering them to maintain formation. Kersh's heavy flail swings over the heads of your allies, crashing down on Dwarves who thought they were out of the Ogre's reach.

Onto Round 13 ...
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex, ensconced safely within the allied forces, pulls water from the air and his enchanted waterskin, it swirls overhead of the dwarves between the forces he is within and Verity and Azzy.

Realising he doesn't have enough water for what he has in mind, he summons more, emptying every vessel upon his body, and even taking some from those vessels the scholars around him carry.

As usual, a massive globe of water swirls overhead, he heats it and cools it simultanesouly, streaks of frozen energy run across its surface as he lowers the globe onto the heads of his victims, he crushes the water down upon them, spashing it down until only a half-sphere dome of water rushes around those unlucky dwarves within. The streaks of cold energy lash out at nearby dwarves.

------------
Storm Cage encounter power.
Standard Action Area burst 2 within 20 squares
Target: Each creature in burst (Up and to the left of me, so that every square affected by the attack is an enemy one).
Attack: +14 vs. Reflex
Hit: 4d6 +8 lightning and thunder
damage.
Effect: You conjure a wall in the 16 outer squares of the burst (forming a square enclosure). Any creature that starts its turn adjacent to the wall or moves into a wall square takes 10 lightning damage. Moving into a wall square costs 1 extra square of movement. The wall does not grant cover
or concealment. It lasts until the end of your next turn.

------------

DM EDIT: Attack Rolls. All BUT ONE of the targets is hit by the initial blast (and two CRITS).
The Crits take 36 and 40 damage (32+2d6).
The others take 18 Damage. (The additional 10 Lightning will occur later)

Note: That's 24 Dwarves affected by the blast, and 48 subject to the lightning later
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:19 am

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Welcome back, Magic...and back with a BANG!

Davin: HP 68/71; AC 25 Fort 20 Ref 23 Will 22; Healing Surges=6/8, SV:18, Action Points=0

Round 13, Davin
Initiative - 27
Move - Davin will only move to keep SCS viable (DM's caveat)
Standard – Twin Strike Commander (split up shots/move to a new one when number 8 dies)

Twin Strike 1=25
Twin Strike 2=38 (natch)
TS1 Damage=15
TS2 Damage=17
Spitting Cobra Stance=24
SCS Damage=14
HQ Damage=14

Round 13, Hound
Initiative=8

-Swift
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:19 am

Halcyon wrote:OCC: Welcome back Magic!

Verity - HP: 71/98 AC: 28 Fort: 23 Ref: 23 Will: 25 Healing Surges: 10/11 Action Points: 0 Init: 25

The Death Knight restores his vitality anticipating the dwarves ire.
“Stand before that passage!” He tells Azzy motioning toward the side tunnel.
"Now you shall suffer death's own wrath, Priestess!" Verity intones before making good on his Prophesy of Doom, enveloping the Healer-Hero in the maddening light of the Queen.

Minor: Lay on Hands

Standard: Radiant Delirium, autocrit, 29 damage

Sallowmane is Dazed and -2 to AC until after Verity’s next action.

Move: to the square immediately right of Sallowmane to flank.

DM EDIT: Prophecy of Doom allows you to turn a hit into a crit, but you still have to hit first (i.e. an attack roll is still needed).
Radiant Delerium is Charisma vs Reflex, btw
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 27 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16 ... 27  Next