Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 15 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:28 pm

Swifthand wrote:I lower my head in respect to the new Emperor.

"General Ferall. Can we use your HQ to cast the ritual?" I motion to the huge, well manned, and fortified military base a few blocks away visible from the market square. "It would probably be best if you were off the streets as well, considering recent developments."

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 15 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:29 pm

Malazek wrote:"Right." Ferall nods to the Officers he just commanded, signalling for them to carry out their last orders. Then, he waves the Lt. Mage over and heads down the street to his own of base of operations. Davin, Reed, the Princess, the Lt. Colonel, Alverdine, the two other Maor, and the rangers all follow along.

OOC: Can I assume Alex and Straegis are going to?
How about Mordax and Verity?

At the B.o.O. you are all greeted at the door by Verity's uncle Veridic; but inside it is surprisingly empty. Nonetheless, the Lt. Mage begins to prepare the rituals that Davin paid for (in a secure stone room designed for structural longevity).

Do Alex and Straegis both help with the casting? If so, then Alverdine commands the other two Maor to help, as well ... and the Lt. Mage gets a 31 on both of his rolls (sufficient for a 3 round portal and a 1000 mile Sending).

What is the Exact Message and to whom does it go?*
And is the Princess the only one going through?

*Is it still THIS Message?
Alex wrote:"Agatha. We who helped you before desperately need your aid. Dwarves march upon the Imperial City and have allied with your evil kin. Please will you come to help us Imperial City. Alex, Straegis, Davin.
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Quest XPs "Protect the Princess" ... 600 XPs.
Quest XPs "Find Out Who the Emperor Is" ... 120 XPs
(11,458 Total Now)
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:I turn to the wizard after the shimmering portal springs into life.

"Could I step through? I will come right back, but I would see the fair land described to me by my old friend Kardan."

After stepping through the portal with Rhyannon and anyone else, I quickly take in as much of my surroundings as possible, and then take the Princess by her hand.

"Ai shor taji mesi os shyraes cyrn o eisi mari, Volaer." ("I will make sure your brother knows you are safe, Princess.") Taking another look around, I get a half-grin on my face before turning back to the Princess. "Ai shar vol. Byr ceri eir shaerorer. Ialair shi taer eindral." " ("I was right. Not quite as beautiful. Until we meet again.")

I lightly kiss Rhyannon's ivory hand and then turn and leave, stepping through the portal.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity will follow the rangers to the training ground and collect the body of a Clan Chief. (unless the odds are hopelessly poor, then he'll wait.)
He will enlist the rangers to help him recover the dead Imperial Generals as well, and secure a wagon to take them to the Temple.

Verity goes to the HQ with the party. He passes the door slowly to speak with his uncle and watch the man's expression.
"I've not seen ye for more than a year and now twice in one day.Could be I'm good luck for you Uncle, as the man who trusts you to guard him is now our Emperor..."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:30 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis has been working on the words for 'Sending' to Agatha, he says "How about this? Agatha-Davin, Alex, Straegis need help quickly. Your sister allied with Dwarves attacking Imperial City now, killed Sazar IX. Make haste please. I think that fits, and hopefully she understands the gravity of it all. I just hope her assistance will gain her the favor and good standing she so desperately seeks."
The Witch-King wrote:Mordax follows, all duties forgotten, waiting only for a clue to lead him to Morgana's whereabouts.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:Verity will follow the rangers to the training ground and collect the body of a Clan Chief. (unless the odds are hopelessly poor, then he'll wait.) He will enlist the rangers to help him recover the dead Imperial Generals as well, and secure a wagon to take them to the Temple.
He easily finds the head of one dead General, as one of the Rangers brings it to the wall; the body is nowhere to be seen. The body of the other is buried under a ton of stone, so getting that one will be no easy task.

The Dwarven ClanHead is another matter. After climbing down the wall, he finds it difficult to find a Dwarves of significant rank; it's as if the Dwarves have been carrying off the bodies of their ClanHeads and Commanders. But then, one of the rangers finds one, lying under the corpses of a cavalryman and his steed. With some effort, you manage to bring the body over the wall with the news.

From there, the party heads to Ferall's BoO.

Verity wrote:"... the man who trusts you to guard him is now our Emperor..."
"What? What do you mean?" he asks.
"Yeah," the guard next to him butts in. "Did something happen to the Emperor?!"
"No, no," Darnel Velius explains. "Everything is just fine. Back to your posts."
Once inside, he whispers to Verity "Let us get everything in order before we start telling the people, please."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:As the ritual is being cast, Rhyannon says goodbye to all, kissing everyone gently on the cheek. "Farewell, Junior-Marshal Straegis. I am sure well see each other again, we have always been allies. And friends, I hope."

"Goodbye, Alex. I hope you find that which you are looking for. Be sure to visit us in the Femdrell so you can tell me about it."

"Goodbye, Sir Verity, Servant of the Queen. I hope the next time I see you is not the last. Fare thee well."

"Farewell, Mordax. I didn't have as much time to converse with you as I did with the others, so I hope you will come visit me in the Femdrell."

She says goodbye Draxus Ferall and Darnell Velius, as well.

Davin wrote:I turn to the wizard after the shimmering portal springs into life. "Could I step through? I will come right back, but I would see the fair land described to me by my old friend Kardan."
"Be quick."

Davin wrote:After stepping through the portal with Rhyannon and anyone else, I quickly take in as much of my surroundings as possible, and then take the Princess by her hand. "Ai shar vol. Byr ceri eir shaerorer. Ialair shi taer eindral." " I lightly kiss Rhyannon's ivory hand and then turn and leave, stepping through the portal.
As Davin vanishes, she says "Kydia, Voli Palol ...." (Goodbye, Prince Davin ...).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:31 pm

Halcyon wrote:
Darnel Velius wrote:"No, no," Darnel Velius explains. "Everything is just fine. Back to your posts."
Once inside, he whispers to Verity "Let us get everything in order before we start telling the people, please."
"Fine. Tell him he's been re-assigned to the Emperor then, but know I'll have no part in lying to the man.
"You may want to post one of your men at the wagon carrying the fallen Generals as well. Better still, bring it 'round to... the Lord General's stable. While they be suitably shrouded for Final Rest, it wouldn't take a curious watchman long to put the grim truth of our predicament together."

Princess Rhyannon wrote: "Goodbye, Sir Verity, Servant of the Queen. I hope the next time I see you is not the last. Fare thee well."
“Farewell Princess.” Verity bows deeply. “May the Gods smile upon thee and thine, now and ever after.”

Verity gives Davin a wink and a "you sly dog" smile when he steps back through the portal.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:"Fine. Tell him he's been re-assigned to the Emperor then, but know I'll have no part in lying to the man."
Stepping aside to speak quietly with Verity, the Lt. Colonel says "I do not intend for you to LIE; I merely ask that we wait on saying anything at all ... at least until after we are organized and ready. If we announce this tragedy before we are ready to fill the void, then the Empire will be thrown into dissarray ... and the Dwarves will surely capitalize on the ensuing chaos."

Verity wrote:"You may want to post one of your men at the wagon carrying the fallen Generals as well. Better still, bring it 'round to... the Lord General's stable. While they be suitably shrouded for Final Rest, it wouldn't take a curious watchman long to put the grim truth of our predicament together."
"Then you wish to prepare the funeral shrouds here, and not at the temple? Very well. I will assigned trustworthy agents to bring in the bodies. It shouldn't take us long to get things in order; a day at the most. I suspect that proper funeral arrangements will take longer than that anyway."

Looking at the Lt. Mage, the Lord-Gener ... erm, Emperor Ferall ... says "I am sure you've overheard enough of this conversation to know what's going on. I trust you can keep this a secret?

The Lt. Mage responds, "Yes, your highness; upon my grave."

"Good. Then, as soon as the message is sent, I must quietly inform the other Lord-Generals. From there, I will send a messenger to the palace and inform the royal court (Hmm. I'd go there in person, to avoid any dissention, but I'm sure the troops need me more now than some stuffy diplomats or favor-brokers). What a predicament."

"I will take the message, sir. I think I can curb the ambitions of any dissenters."

"Very well, but harm none of them. Persuade them how ever you must, but harm none."

"I swear it shall be done."

And on that note, the Lt. Colonel turns on his heel and heads for the door. He pauses by two figures by the door; one follows him out the door, the other heads down the hall heading deeper into the headquarters.

Alex wrote:Agatha. We who helped you desperately need aid. Dwarves march upon Imperial City; have allied with your kin. Please come to help.
Straegis II wrote:Agatha-Davin, Alex, Straegis need help quickly. Your sister allied with Dwarves attacking Imperial City now, killed Sazar IX. Make haste please.
"Send the first one; there virtually the same, anyway. Make it happen, Lieutenant."
"Yes sir."
As soon as the portal is closed, the Lt. Mage sends Alex's version of the message.

Moments later, Aodhan Blas returns, looking a bit frazzled. "I am glad to find you here safe, Alex. I've spent the last few hours roasting Earthbenders, and I was worried one of them might've got the best of you. By the way, the Stonebenders have brought in several covens of Sandbenders; you should be cautious of one in particuliar. His name is Adham Bin Ammar."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
Halcyon wrote:Verity gives Davin a wink and a "you sly dog" smile when he steps back through the portal.

Davin blushes and smiles at his friend.

"Reed, give me a hand."

I ignore the appearance of the Pyromancer and head out to the wagon and start carrying in bodies with Reed's assistance, making sure Sazar IX's face remains covered by the blankets.

"General - where do you want these?"

After dropping off the bodies, I take my extra blankets back, stow them in the wagon, and grab the dwarven loot to divide.

"General - do you guys have a spare tunic I can have?"

Malazek wrote:
  • Koden av Gynge Dommen (The Codex of Rock Magic; the Terramancer's Spellbook). It contains spells that only a Terramancer could use. It also contains the following Rituals: Arcane Mark, Disenchant Magic Item, Duplicate, Enchant Magic Item, Endure Elements, and Transfer Enchantment.
  • The Terramancer's Cloak. A reddish brown cloak with Dwarven runes running the length of the trim, and another adorning the Sardonyx clasp. The cloak radiates a magical aura, but identifying it will require further study.
  • The Dead-Eyed Hammer's Belt. This stout leather girdle has a golden buckle, and iron rings punctuate it's length. It radiates a magical aura, but identifying it will require further study.
  • The Patch-Eyed Bolter's Eye-Patch. This simple-looking black-leather eye-patch has a silver-threaded rune on the inside; the patch radiates a POWERFUL magical aura, but identifying it will require further study.
  • 75 Gold Coins
  • 1 Vial filled with "Oil of Flesh Returned." This magical oil removes petrification.
  • 10 "Stonemeal Bisquits." These Dwarven biscuits are not only filling and nutritious, but they increase your health and endurance as well.

"Alex, obviously, you have the Codex. Here, everyone take 15 gold and 2 of these bisquits. Someone should hold onto this Oil - never know when one of us is going to be petrified. Straegis, why don't you hold onto it? Alright. That leaves the robe, the belt, and the eyepatch. Alex, Straegis, did you find out what they do?"

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"Reed, give me a hand." I head out to the wagon and start carrying in bodies with Reed's assistance, making sure Sazar IX's face remains covered by the blankets.
When Davin reaches the wagon, he finds three cloaked soldiers already pulling the bodies from the wagon; one of them looks to be the same man that followed the Lt. Colonel out a moment ago. They look up as Davin approaches, and the familiar one says "After you, sir." They step back and wait for Davin's permission to continue.

Davin wrote:"General - where do you want these?"
"Oh, right in here." He leads Davin and the others to a locked door, and opens it. Inside, Davin finds an empty infirmary. Once the bodies are deposited, the new Emperor locks the door, and throws the keys to Verity with a wink. "If you would, Chaplain."

Davin wrote:After dropping off the bodies, I take my extra blankets back. "General - do you guys have a spare tunic I can have?"
"Certianly. Corporal Frater, can you find Mr. Fletcher some clothes?"
"Yes, sir. Do you want a uniform tunic? Or civies?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:32 pm

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Alex. Can you learn Transfer Enchantment tonight (like now)? Near as I can see, (and correct me if I am wrong, other party members), Mordax is out a magic weapon, Straegis's Cargoule of Marjack would be best moved to Chainmail, and I would prefer a Lightning Greatbow. So...
  • Move the Ator's Bow enchantment to a new Trident for Mordax.
  • Move the Lightning enchantment from my old bow to my Greatbow.
  • Move the Cargoule enchantment to a set of Chainmail.

Then, everyone's items would be optimized. I would prefer not to pay someone else to do this, as you are Davin's bro! Everyone cool with this? It would take 11 hours (8 to learn ritual, and 1 hour per transfer) and 75 gold of reagents.

Malazek wrote:"Certianly. Corporal Frater, can you find Mr. Fletcher some clothes?"
"Yes, sir. Do you want a uniform tunic? Or civies?

"Civies. Something drab - olive, green, or brown, perhaps?"

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"Civies. Something drab - olive, green, or brown, perhaps?"
A drab olive green tunic with brown trim is procured from the supply room; it has a small coffee stain.
Swifthand wrote:I slip on the new tunic, which fits pretty well, and nod at Frater in thanks.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Lt Colonel wrote: "I do not intend for you to LIE; I merely ask that we wait on saying anything at all ... at least until after we are organized and ready. If we announce this tragedy before we are ready to fill the void, then the Empire will be thrown into dissarray ... and the Dwarves will surely capitalize on the ensuing chaos."
"I'm quite sure Veridic would keep your confidence if asked not to repeat anything. All the same, there is wisdom in your words. I shall speak no more of the secession as you ask." Verity wonders if perhaps the shady Lt Colonel might be trustworthy after all. He considers: While he clearly works in secrets and lies, his cause is the good of the Empire. Or so it seems.
Lt Colonel wrote:"Then you wish to prepare the funeral shrouds here, and not at the temple? Very well. I will assigned trustworthy agents to bring in the bodies. It shouldn't take us long to get things in order; a day at the most. I suspect that proper funeral arrangements will take longer than that anyway."
"Indeed, the rudiments of funerary preparation are best accomplished soon after the passing." He catches himself before going into a diatribe about rigor mortis, the pooling of blood and rot. "The infirmary looks well stocked, I will have what I need." He catches the tossed key.
"Before I excuse myself though, I'd like a look at that cloak. Alex, did you say earlier that it wards one from harm? It was a rockbender who singed my own cloak, fitting they should replace it. If no one objects?
"I've some spoils to share as well. They seem to be healing potions, some better than others, but magic is not my strength. Could someone confirm my guess?"
Verity offers one of each for inspection to whomever will Identify them. "And here's a share of the gold earned in the square." He gives the companions 65 gold coins each.
"If nothing more is needed of me here then?"
When everything is arranged, Verity will enter the infirmary. He checks to make sure the Generals are all in fact deceased and not clinging to life as Frater was. Assuming so, he cleans the corpses and arranges the limbs appropriately for Final Rest. Each body he wraps in a clean white sheet, the ceremonial outer shroud to be added at the Temple.
The disembodied head though gives him pause. He's sure Jugugg never covered this eventuality at the Cave Temple. He decides it best to substitute a mat from a cot for the body. That way anyone who sees the dead general will not find it so jarring. He completes the ritual with prayer, asking that the Queen grant the Generals True Death and protection from Undeath. Satisfied his work is done, he returns to the companions and the rest.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis replies to Davin, "As near as we could figure the cloak works like this- worn on the neck one gains a bonus to fortitude, reflex and will, in addition it grants the ability to heal twice in a row if you are bloodied. The belt on the other hand will grant its wearer additional health in the event of a critical strike against an opponent. As of now, we are not completely sure of all the powers of the eyepatch, tho Alex would probably know more than me on that matter." Straegis fully intends to assist with any and all rituals, and quickly hands Alex 40 gold to cover a portion of the reagent costs.

Arcana: 1d20=7+14(s)=21
Arcana: 1d20=9+14(s)=23
Arcana: 1d20=6+14(s)=20

O.O.C.: If I need more rolls, lemme know.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:33 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax stands by, waiting.
magicspellz12 wrote:"I cannot perform a tranferral of enchantments yet. I have the required texts, but I haven't mastered the ritual. Perhaps another day, I am afraid."

Alex then speaks to Aodhan. "I haven't even been in combat. I was in the library doing research and discovered something very interesting. The dwarves have been destroying nexuses, along with some other destruction over the years, causing the ley lines to break and snap back onto the Earth nexuses. The Tower of Hydrology disappeared however, and the ley lines still run through it in the Malbog, but the only reason I even think the dwarves are here is to capture the Seven Hills of Etol - The three Lions district. Presumably if we let them enter the area they would be more powerful and overrun the rest of the Imperial City with a lot more ease. The library was hit by something and we had to leave however, then we attempted communion with my travelling waterbender allies but they refused to come to our aid -they think the dwarves are our allies. Foolish Viktor, it's probably his doing. In any case we've now sent the Princess home and have attempted communion with another of our allies. A hag named Agatha whose sisters may have joined with the dwarves."

He raises his eyebrows at the mention of the sandbenders.

"I know the Sandbenders have come too, I found a book in the library where the dwarvern rockbenders have been communicating through notes. Why should I worry about this one in particular? Is he powerful or does he have something against waterbenders?"

Sorry. I had an exam. Done now though.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:34 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Alex. Can you learn Transfer Enchantment tonight?
magicspellz12 wrote:I cannot perform a tranferral of enchantments yet.
Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:Alex then speaks to Aodhan. "I haven't even been in combat. I was in the library doing research and discovered something very interesting. The dwarves have been destroying nexuses, along with some other destruction over the years..."
"I know. That's what I said earlier."

Alex wrote:"... causing the ley lines to break and snap back onto the Earth nexuses. The Tower of Hydrology disappeared however, and the ley lines still run through it in the Malbog ..."
"What now? They still run through it?"

Alex wrote:"... but the only reason I even think the dwarves are here is to capture the Seven Hills of Etol - The three Lions district. Presumably if we let them enter the area they would be more powerful and overrun the rest of the Imperial City with a lot more ease."
"The ONLY reason, really? Hmm. I'll bet there's more to it than that ... but, if that is there goal (or even one of their goals), then we must not let them get it ..."

"... in fact ... Didn't you say destroying the Nexus of the other elements made them stronger? If that's the case, then ..."

"... I'll have to go soon."

Alex wrote:"... we attempted communion with my travelling waterbender allies but they refused to come to our aid -they think the dwarves are our allies. Foolish Viktor, it's probably his doing."
"More than likely."

Alex wrote:"I know the Sandbenders have come ... Why should I worry about this one in particular? Is he powerful or does he have something against waterbenders?"
"He is a formidable mage, and beyond your capability to defeat."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:"I cannot perform a tranferral of enchantments yet. I have the required texts, but I haven't mastered the ritual. Perhaps another day, I am afraid."

"Fine."

I shoulder the Bow of Ator and stow the Lightning Bow back in the wagon, grabbing some food for Hound while there. Upon return, I feed Hound and then quietly pull Reed aside.

"I have some business to attend to. Stay here with the Rangers. Would you watch my wagon and keep Hound out of trouble while I am gone? I should be back later this evening."

Then I turn to the others.

"I have some things I to do. I'll be back."

Face impassive, I spin and jog out of the HQ, without another word.

Stealth check=24,30
Athletics check=27,9
Perception check=24,38
Perception check=22,31,22,35,27,27,33,34

I head to the Training Grounds and loot bodies, moving toward the forest on the opposite side. Once there, I send the birdcall of the spotted finch, native to the southern area of the Eldworn, trying to get Prince Helfare's and his elves attention.

Nature check=31

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:I head to the Training Grounds and loot bodies, moving toward the forest on the opposite side.
Stealth check=24,30
Athletics check=27,9
Perception check=24,38
Perception check=22,31,22,35,27,27,33,34
Sneaking through the shadows, Davin reaches the gate and learns that the battle in the training grounds is finally over; the gate stands open, guarded by 60 very relieved guards. Into the fields he goes, to loot the dead; but he's not the only one out here

Several soldiers have been assigned to seperate the bodies. They are moving each of the honored dead to the wall, where the military chaplains are waiting; the nameless dwarven corpses are being carried to a communal pyre. The soldiers will probably keep a little of the spoils for themselves, but the rest will be claimed by the Empire.

Sticking to the darkness, Davin works quickly, gathering what he can before the soldiers do. Among his findings are a Rune-etched Adamantine Axe and a Ram-headed Battlehammer that trembles with power even as it lies in the mud. He also finds two potions, 87 gold coins, 98 silver coins, and 320 copper coins.

Davin wrote:Once there, I send the birdcall of the spotted finch, native to the southern area of the Eldworn, trying to get Prince Helfare's and his elves attention.
Nature check=31
Shortly after the call, two silent elves approach Davin. But they say nothing. They merely stand there, waiting for Davin to speak.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:Shortly after the call, two silent elves approach Davin. But they say nothing. They merely stand there, waiting for Davin to speak.

"Lirail, shyraes. Ai cali baern thys si Voli. Tyr o jhaer ti sai cos?" ("Greetings brothers. I have news for the Prince. Could you lead me to him?")

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:
Alex wrote:"... causing the ley lines to break and snap back onto the Earth nexuses. The Tower of Hydrology disappeared however, and the ley lines still run through it in the Malbog ..."
"What now? They still run through it?"

"Yes. It wasn't destroyed after all, just disappeared. I imagine Lexis- an esteemed Waterbender from my bloodline- had something to do with it. She was the only survivor after the flood of the Malbog."

Alex wrote:"... but the only reason I even think the dwarves are here is to capture the Seven Hills of Etol - The three Lions district. Presumably if we let them enter the area they would be more powerful and overrun the rest of the Imperial City with a lot more ease."
"The ONLY reason, really? Hmm. I'll bet there's more to it than that ... but, if that is there goal (or even one of their goals), then we must not let them get it ..."

"... in fact ... Didn't you say destroying the Nexus of the other elements made them stronger? If that's the case, then ..."

"... I'll have to go soon."

Sensing something rather unsavoury Alex comments. "You must destroy a main nexus, I believe, and you must also destroy one in such a way that the energy is directed. Proper rituals are required I believe, but I know nothing about their nature. We must protect other Nexuses, because the dwarves outnumber us so, surely they would benefit most from a boom of elemental magic than any other."

Alex wrote:"... we attempted communion with my travelling waterbender allies but they refused to come to our aid -they think the dwarves are our allies. Foolish Viktor, it's probably his doing."
"More than likely."

Alex wrote:"I know the Sandbenders have come ... Why should I worry about this one in particular? Is he powerful or does he have something against waterbenders?"
"He is a formidable mage, and beyond your capability to defeat."

"Then we shall watch for him. And avoid him if he finds us."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"You must destroy a main nexus, I believe, and you must also destroy one in such a way that the energy is directed. Proper rituals are required I believe, but I know nothing about their nature. We must protect other Nexuses, because the dwarves outnumber us so, surely they would benefit most from a boom of elemental magic than any other."
"Who has these rituals? The Dwarves? At any rate, I imagine destroying those Nexuses that are associated with earth will NOT benefit the Dwarves! Otherwise, they would have destroyed the Wise Stone long ago! The Seven Hills must be detsroyed."

Wide-eyed and afraid, the soldiers close enough to hear the conversation, back away from Aodhan.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"Lirail, shyraes. Ai cali baern thys si Voli. Tyr o jhaer ti sai cos?"
"Sor shae, mos." (This way, sir.).

The elves lead Davin back towards the woods, where he finds Prince Helfare and his remaining Elves. "Kaerol, Palol! Ai eis vaeraer sai mi o eindral. Cyrn thasi o ail sor shas?" (Greetings, Davin! I am pleased to see you again. How fare you in this war?).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex's eyes widen as the temper of the firemage increases. He splits his mind into two, concentrating both on Aodhans words and the conversation, but also on the motes of water within the air, preparing to smother any flame Aodhan might conjure in his anger.

------------
Ready Dispel Magic incase he looses control or something and sets fire to someone/something undeserving.
-----------

"Yes. Perhaps that would help indeed. But I don't know if destruction of all the nexuses is the answer. Can we really bring about magical peace and freedom by destroying each other? I don't know who has the rituals. Perhaps the dwarves here do, perhaps not. I doubt they came with a minds to destroying their own Nexus. Destroying a Nexus could require anything? I had personally thought you may need a caster of each element to destroy it, or at least a caster from the element that you were destroying perhaps. I'm not really sure, they were just theories. Do you know how to destroy the 7 hills? Does destroying the symbol destroy the nexus? Like smashing the Wise stone, felling the Host Tower?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:36 pm

The Witch-King wrote:Mordax finds a convenient place to sit and pulls out his whetstone, slowly whiling away the time sharpening his new-found sword. The only sound is the constant rasp rasp as he hones a razor-sharp edge on the killing implement.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 25 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20 ... 25  Next