Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 12 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:41 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"Choose the closest and take us there now."

Alex hears the sounds of battle pressing against his forehead, and he rubs the fingers of his free hand on his temple. Hoping he can keep his concentration clear. He explains to the group as they are lead to the safehouse.

"Straegis will you please help me. The rest of you, I'd appreciate it if you helped me. The rest of you, please guard us. We'll be vulnerable whilst locked in the ritual and we cannot loose the Sending spell. I've never stopped a ritual in the middle of one before, and the scroll might just turn to dust if we do."

When he reaches the safehouse he attempts to perform the Sending ritual, sending the following message to Master Jenna.

In the Imperial City. In Battle with Dwarves. Including Rockbenders. We require aid. Could the Lizardmen travel too? Please Help.

Following this he slips on the eyepatch and attempts Comprehend Languages.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached" - Page 12 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Three: "Barriers Breached"

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:42 pm

Swifthand wrote:I put my hand on Verity's shoulder as his eyes dart through the crowd.

"Verity, I didn't see Frater when we were inside the Training Grounds. I need to get the Princess somewhere safe and find a place to cast Alex's ritual. I understand if you want to stay here and look for your brother, my friend."

I walk over the Draxus. "General. I sounded the retreat when we cleared the gate - no reason to die in the Training Grounds. The Dwarves have infiltrated the sewers, attacking in random groups all over, and have the city surrounded with siege engines - two of which we were able to capture. I and my companions are heading to a nearby safehouse with the Lt. Colonel to try and summon some aid. There is more, but I can not speak of it in the open. Join us at the safehouse if you wish."

"One other thing - where is Mordax?"

I jump back on the wagon. "Rangers - flank the wagon and keep Dwarves off of us!"

"OK, Darnell - where to?"

O.O.C. - That's fine that the Iron Hills can't fire yet. Hopefully they take my advice when they can fire.

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Swifthand wrote:I put my hand on Verity's shoulder as his eyes dart through the crowd.

"Verity, I didn't see Frater when we were inside the Training Grounds. I need to get the Princess somewhere safe and find a place to cast Alex's ritual. I understand if you want to stay here and look for your brother, my friend."

Verity, still searching the crowd, mumbles "Yes, keep Princess Alex safe..." Then with a start he turns his gaze to the ranger. "...Sorry friends, Princess. I'm sure you understand I may be delayed here for some time. I must be sure of Frater and Fortis' well-being, and Uncle Veridic. But..." frowning, "who then is the 'passenger' to be revived?"

Verity looks into the wagon at the corpse of the unmasked High General. For a moment he is speechless. Then he says, "You are quite right to make all haste to safety. Our paths will cross again soon. Until then, I shall pray for us all. Fare thee well."

Now that he's not focused completely on picking his brothers out of the crowd, Verity thinks to find a higher vantage point. He mounts his great courser, who slips slightly, unbalanced on cobbles now slick with the spilled blood of injured soldiers.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:"Choose the closest and take us there now."
"Very well."

Davin wrote:"I and my companions are heading to a nearby safehouse with the Lt. Colonel to try and summon some aid. There is more, but I can not speak of it in the open. Join us at the safehouse if you wish."
Flustered, Draxis responds, "Yes, certianly. Allow me to issue some order to my officers before we go."

Then, the Lord-General booms "Secure the District! We must not allow the Three Lions to fall!! Man the walls! Secure the Gates! Secure the Sewer exits!!! Officers set your fastest messengers to streets, we must organize the troops and maintain communication! Where is Captian Hawkes?!!"

Several officers rush over to Draxus. He whispers something to them, and points them toward Lord-Generals Aldabaran, Pollux, Karkinos, Regulus, Chiron, and Phaeton ... the other LGs are nowhere to be seen.

Davin wrote:"One other thing - where is Mordax?"
"He led 3000 men across the river to find another entrance into the city. I do not know how his mission fares, but if I know Mordax, a sea of blood lies in his wake."

Verity wrote:"... I may be delayed here for some time. I must be sure"
"Keep an eye our for Mordax, please. Let him know that we shall return as soon as possible."

Verity wrote:Verity looks into the wagon at the corpse of the unmasked High General. For a moment he is speechless. Then he says, "You are quite right to make all haste to safety. Our paths will cross again soon. Until then, I shall pray for us all. Fare thee well."
The Lt. Colonel nods solemnly.

When Draxus Ferall climbs onto the wagon, he gasps. "Is that ... is that ... the Emperor??" The Lt. Colonel responds by shushing his superior, "Shhh! Do you know how bad it would be if anyone overheard you? Keep a lid on it ... Sir."

Straegis II wrote:Upon seeing the High General dead, Straegis' first question is, "Can he be revived? I feel we should at least try or get him to someone who can." On the way in Straegis is sure he saw a trebouchet, and though he has read about them and how they work he has never actually used one.
The Lt. Colonel whispers "I'm not sure that's the best plan. My first duty is to the EmpIRE; and while the EmpEROR was alive, that duty extended to him ... but now, someone else is ... leading us; or will be, unless we revive him. Perhaps we need to look at this as an opportunity for new beginnings and new leadership. Competent leadership."

"Let's just keep his demise a secret until will learn who is next in line for succession."

Davin wrote:I jump back on the wagon. "Rangers - flank the wagon and keep Dwarves off of us!"

"OK, Darnell - where to?"
Darnell gives street-by-street directions, and the wagon is off and moving, surrounded by amateur rangers and Maor. Moments later, the sound of canons being fired can be heard over the rumble of the surrounding war.

Verity wrote:Verity thinks to find a higher vantage point. He mounts his great courser, who slips slightly, unbalanced on cobbles now slick with the spilled blood of injured soldiers.
There are several three and four story buildings in this District, many of them near the wall. Considering each of them, Verity decides the one with battlements and gargoyles is the most likely to have roof access ... though it's unlikely that Zephyr will be able to make the climb.

As he sets off toward the building, he notices that the Iron Hills have made it through the gate, and the guards have closed the palisade behind them. He can hear the canons firing from the otherside of the wall; and he can see the archers ontop of the wall firing down at the other side. The battle in the training grounds seems to have resumed.

Alex wrote:When he reaches the safehouse
The safehouse is relatively close, maybe 15 blocks or so. Darnell has you stop the wagon at a rather seedy looking tavern that is currently closed for business. Walking around the back, he knocks on a rusty metal door. A second later, the peep window is opened and an eye appears "What's the pas ... oh, it's you." The door opens, and the lot of you are led into the basement where eight street-hoodlums seem to be just standing around. The Lt. Colonel speaks, "We need a place to cast some rituals ... and to hide the dead Emperor until we can get him to a proper funeral pyre. I want six of you to guard the mage, and the other two to watch the door." All at once, the hoodlums respond "Yes, Sir!"

Alex and the Eladrin (including Straegis) are led to a spacious backroom. Judging by the half-melted candles, bags of herbs, and faded marking on the floor you determine this room has been used for this purpose before. With the Aid of the Eladrin, Alex can begin the ritual.

Alex wrote:he attempts to perform the Sending ritual, sending the following message to Master Jenna: In the Imperial City. In Battle with Dwarves. Including Rockbenders. We require aid. Could the Lizardmen travel too? Please Help.[/color]
Alex is unable to find the Sending ritual now. Of course, it doesn't take him long to realize it was a hidden page. Putting the Eyepatch on, Alex is able to cast the ritual. OOC: With +8 in Aid bonusesm, Alex can hit a 31 by Taking 10. Aside from consuming the page in the process, the ritual goes off without a hitch.

Except ... the Aqueas Templar is mad. It's Concordance drops to 10 (Normal); it is no longer satisfied. The +2 AC and +2 to Saving Throws is taken away.

The Eyepatch, on the hand, is mildy pleased.
But it's Concordance does not change (5).

Alex wrote:Following this he slips on the eyepatch and attempts Comprehend Languages.
Again, the ritual goes exactly as planned (OOC: I decided to roll this one for you, because getting a 35+ yields extra benefits. I rolled a 35 exactly. So, now, Alex can read/write/understand/speak Davek for 24 hours! That means Alex can help Straegis with the role-playing he's been doing toward his plan to learn the Davek language.).

Now, Alex is fully capable of reading the Dwarven notes scribbled into the Etolic Myths books ... but of course, reading it all will take a little while (but I'm sure Alex gets started on it, right?)

The Aqueas Templar becomes even angrier (It's Concordance drops to 8; still Normal).
The Eyepatch becomes more pleased (Its Concordance rises to 6; still Normal).

(OOC: Alex can and does read the book; I will post what it says sometime soon ... after an appropriate amount of reading time has passed in game).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:43 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 56/56; AC 19 Fort 18 Ref 20 Will 19; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=0
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hound: HP 54/54; AC 18 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 15; Healing Surges=7/8

O.O.C. - Hound spends a surge, bringing him to full.

As I drive the wagon up to the safehouse, I pull the wagon between it and the building next to it to hide it from prying eyes. I then offer a couple blankets to wrap the Emperor in before helping to carry him inside.

Stealth check=32

I walk back outside to address the Rangers.

"Well - this is it. You are all Imperial Rangers now. You did well in the battle for the Training Ground in what was almost an impossible situation, and the danger has only just begun. You are to report to Reed from now on, who will then, in turn, report to me. Alright - time fro some roof work. Pair up in groups of twos and position yourselves on the buildings and in the alleys surrounding the safehouse. Keep your eyes open and remain unseen. If you see trouble, do not engage it, one continue to watch, the other return to warn us. And if you here my horn, regroup with us here as quickly as possible."

"Reed, stay here with us."

O.O.C. - I will coordinate the Rangers with the Lt. Colonel's agents if appropriate.

I grab some food from the wagon before Reed and I, with Hound tailing, rejoin Draxus, Rhyannon, and Darnell in the safehouse frontroom. I place the provisions on a table and then toss Hound a biscuit, scratching him behind the ears.

"Lair shai sydae, Cyl." "Good boy today, Hound."

I hear the murmur of Alex and Straegis talking to each other in the backroom as they prepare to cast their rituals. Looking at the grim faces confronting me in the room, I reflexively begin to wipe my brow with the back of my dirty sleeve, until I realize I still am shirtless, having torn my tunic up to wrap arrows. Red faced, I pull my cloak a bit closer around myself.

"Anyone else hungry?" I take a bite of jerky and offer some to everyone else.

"Princess Rhyannon. Though I am sure your brother will be fine, and that we are safe for the moment, is there anyplace you should be? If not, I think it is best you stay with us for the time being. The more the merrier." I try to flash her a reassuring smile, despite not feeling so sure myself.

"So..." looking at the body-sized, blanket wrapped, elephant in the room, "who would be next in command, General? And who would be next to rule? I do not wish to speak ill of the dead, but things do not bode well for the Imperial City as they currently stand. You are surrounded, your sewers are infiltrated, and skirmishers fight in your streets."

I wait for their replies before continuing.

"I had an idea while investigating the Dwarves in the sewers. Is it possible to flood the sewers? Fill them with water? I would not relish trying to root out those Dwarves down there."

Arrow Count=40/40, Wrapped=20/20

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Malazek wrote:As [Verity] sets off toward the building, he notices that the Iron Hills have made it through the gate, and the guards have closed the palisade behind them. The battle in the training grounds seems to have resumed.

His brothers' escape and his own entrance to the field now blocked, Verity reconsiders. He moves Zephyr around the wall towards the now vacated area where the command tower fell. He swings down from the saddle and hitches to it a length of stout rope, then tests the knot. "That's a good lad. Get me through this and there's a bushel of apples in it for you."
"Neigh!" says Zephyr.
"Yes, a whole bushel of the sweetest apples we can find. Hyah!" He commands the horse. Zephyr begins moving away.
"Whoa." And the horse stops.
Satisfied that the beast knows what is expected of him, Verity lowers himself over the wall. He sets about searching the killing field, steeling himself to what he might find and petitioning Grace from Death.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex raiess his eyebrows and looks at the Aqueous Temlar. "You're not happy are you." Stuck between too worlds, he decides to keep the eyepatch on for now.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Malazek wrote:
Verity wrote:... Verity lowers himself over the wall. He sets about searching the killing field, steeling himself to what he might find and petitioning Grace from Death.
Despite the ongoign battle, the forces are far enough away that Verity can climb as slowly as cautiously as necessary (OOC: He can Take-10 and get a 15 on this climb; no problem).

Once on the ground, he begins sifting through broken boards that were once the makeshift command tower (Taking-10 on Athletics and Perception Checks for totals of 18 and 15). Among the wreckage, he finds many, many bodies, including those of Lord-General Virgil Spica and Lady-General Arietess (that means, only Lady-General Manon Van-Pysium, Lady-General Zubina Liber and unaccounted for. Ferall, Aldabaran, Pollux, Karkinos, Regulus, Chiron, and Phaeton escaped the training ground, and Antares was torturing Maberon of the Silent Grove).

He also finds the soiled remains of dinner, several broken bottles of alcohol, and hundreds of mundane weapons and shields ... plus the Blade of Areitess (lying not too far from her body).

The Blade of Arietess
A divine warrior of any kind can use this weapon to bring victory in the name of his deity.
Lvl 9 (4,200 gp)
Weapon: Longsword
Enhancement: +2 Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +2d6 radiant damage
Property: When you use a Channel Divinity power during combat, an ally within 10 squares of you regains an amount of hit points equal to your Charisma modifier plus this weapon’s enhancement bonus.
Power (Daily): Standard Action. Gain one additional use of Channel Divinity for this encounter.

Finally, he finds the Corporal Frater, unconscious and severely wounded ... but alive (Below 0 HPs but Stabilized).
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:I walk back outside to address the Rangers. "Well - this is it. You are all Imperial Rangers now. You did well in the battle for the Training Ground in what was almost an impossible situation, and the danger has only just begun. You are to report to Reed from now on, who will then, in turn, report to me. Alright - time fro some roof work. Pair up in groups of twos and position yourselves on the buildings and in the alleys surrounding the safehouse. Keep your eyes open and remain unseen. If you see trouble, do not engage it, one continue to watch, the other return to warn us. And if you here my horn, regroup with us here as quickly as possible."

"Reed, stay here with us."
The others rangers seem dissappointed, but not surprised; and they quickly scramble to the rooftops. With his usual lack of verbosity, Reed simply nods his acknowledgement.

Davin wrote:I grab some food from the wagon before Reed and I, with Hound tailing, rejoin Draxus, Rhyannon, and Darnell in the safehouse frontroom. I place the provisions on a table and then toss Hound a biscuit, scratching him behind the ears.

"Lair shai sydae, Cyl." "Good boy today, Hound."
Hound lets out a single bark and then begins to pant, allowing Davin to scratch behind his ears.

Davin wrote:"Anyone else hungry?" I take a bite of jerky and offer some to everyone else.
Darnell's men give you a weak smile, and wave off the jerky. Both Draxus and Darnell graciously accept a small piece of the jerky. Rhyannon, however, strolls over the Davin and softly takes a piece of his meat, gently sticking it into her mouth.

EDIT: OOC: Haha. That was NOT intentional.

Davin wrote:"Princess Rhyannon. Though I am sure your brother will be fine, and that we are safe for the moment, is there anyplace you should be? If not, I think it is best you stay with us for the time being. The more the merrier." I try to flash her a reassuring smile, despite not feeling so sure myself.
"I supposed I should be at the palace, so that my kin and entourage will know that I am safe; but I would rather stay here. With the Emperor not at home, there's guarantee that the palace guards are either."

"But Helfare will be fine. He's very resourceful. I suppose it must seem cold and uncaring, to not show concern for your own brother. The truth is, I am very concerned; but I have been trained and conditioned since birth to show very little emotion when it comes to politics or warfare. Fear and worry, especially over a hero like Helfare, would make the Elvish people appear weak."

Davin wrote:"So..." looking at the body-sized, blanket wrapped, elephant in the room, "who would be next in command, General? And who would be next to rule? I do not wish to speak ill of the dead, but things do not bode well for the Imperial City as they currently stand. You are surrounded, your sewers are infiltrated, and skirmishers fight in your streets."
Draxus Ferall answers "Well, the Emperor had no wife and no children, so his siblings would normally be his successors; but he had none of them either. So, the duty falls upon his cousins, in order of age."

"So, that means, Lady-General Arietess would be next in-line, if she's still alive. Followed by Lord-General Virgil Spica, then Lady-General Zubina Liber, then Lady-General Manon Van-Pysium, and then ... me, I guess."

Davin wrote:"I had an idea while investigating the Dwarves in the sewers. Is it possible to flood the sewers? Fill them with water? I would not relish trying to root out those Dwarves down there."
Draxus and Darnell look at each other with uncertianty; but then one of Darnell's Hoodlums responds, "Indeed, there is. Each District controls its own floodgates. Usually, the controls are found in or near the District Seat. I doubt we could get to all of them fast enough to open them, but we could send a runner to each District, letting someone there know the plan, and when to spring it."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 pm

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"Anyone else hungry?" I take a bite of jerky and offer some to everyone else.
Darnell's men give you a weak smile, and wave off the jerky. Both Draxus and Darnell graciously accept a small piece of the jerky. Rhyannon, however, strolls over the Davin and softly takes a piece of his meat, gently sticking it into her mouth.

EDIT: OOC: Haha. That was NOT intentional.

WOW! Boom chucka-chucka....

Malazek wrote:"I supposed I should be at the palace, so that my kin and entourage will know that I am safe; but I would rather stay here. With the Emperor not at home, there's guarantee that the palace guards are either."

I answer the Princess in a low voice, smiling as I do. "For one, I am glad you are with us."

Malazek wrote:"So, that means, Lady-General Arietess would be next in-line, if she's still alive. Followed by Lord-General Virgil Spica, then Lady-General Zubina Liber, then Lady-General Manon Van-Pysium, and then ... me, I guess."

I nod at the General. "Then perhaps send a runner back to the Training Ground gate, specifically searching for any who have a stronger claim? Not knowing who is in command is the most important problem we currently face, in my opinion."

Malazek wrote:Draxus and Darnell look at each other with uncertianty; but then one of Darnell's Hoodlums responds, "Indeed, there is. Each District controls its own floodgates. Usually, the controls are found in or near the District Seat. I doubt we could get to all of them fast enough to open them, but we could send a runner to each District, letting someone there know the plan, and when to spring it."

"Let me check something..." I poke my head out the door and peer at the sky, sniffing the wind as I do. My hand strays to Hound's head as I look around. "Rnaer pai o sol, shai? Air air kyl sai shi eilyraes shaer bol?" "What do you think, boy? Is it going to be another wet night?"

Nature check =19

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:45 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex is engrossed in his book.
Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:I answer the Princess in a low voice, smiling as I do. "For one, I am glad you are with us."
"Thank you," she answers. "As am I."

Davin wrote:I nod at the General. "Then perhaps send a runner back to the Training Ground gate, specifically searching for any who have a stronger claim? Not knowing who is in command is the most important problem we currently face, in my opinion."
"Do you think a runner is necessary? I mean, we don't intent to hole up in here VERY long, do we? Others are already searching for the other Lord-Generals, even though they are unaware of how important it now is. Perhaps when we return, shortly, we will know more."

Davin wrote:Nature check =19
It will probably rain this very evening.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:46 pm

Swifthand wrote:
Malazek wrote:"Do you think a runner is necessary? I mean, we don't intent to hole up in here VERY long, do we? Others are already searching for the other Lord-Generals, even though they are unaware of how important it now is. Perhaps when we return, shortly, we will know more."

"Right."

I close the door behind me, chewing my jerky as I approach the circle once more.

"It will rain this evening again. This will be a perfect time to clear the sewers. You spoke of opening all the floodgates at once - how about right after the rain begins? They should be swollen from last nights rains already, tonight's will put the nail in the coffin. Let's send runners to each district's floodgates. Do you all agree?"

Seeing that Straegis and the Maor have joined us, I flash the Junior-Marshal a friendly grin.

"Ai eis baesia ailaesaeraer ail shar o thyl ail si jhordasia, Tyrol." ("I am very interested in what you found in the library, Cousin.")

-Swift
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:Alex is engrossed in his book.
Indeed he is. And that book contains a lot of interesting stuff, too. The second title of the book, written in Davek, comes sharply to Alex's literate eyes. "STONE." Reading the invisible Dwarven script, Alex first makes out the following. In the first dozen pages or so, it seems that someone was using the book to pass notes.

Stone wrote:Iouny 12.
This book looks as good as any, and I thought the original suject was somehow ironic. ~T

Iouny 13.
That's not how you spell Ironik. Anyway, did you find anything worthwhile? Is that Viktor fellow as much of an idiot as he seems? Or is it just an act? ~M

PS- Had a long talk with Viktor, today. Seems the Waterbenders have sent out "Seekers" to find out why their power is diminshing.

Iouny 14.
I don't know about Viktor, but the Seven Hills of Etol have been desecrated. Some of the oldest most decrepit building in the city are built there. Don't they know what it is? I can't wait to take it from them. ~I

Iouny 16.
No. They don't. But the neighborhood IS old. It's the oldest, in fact. ~M
PS- Aodhan Blas is in the city.

Iouny 16.
What? That's not good. Should we abandoned the plan? ~T

Iouny 16.
Are you mad? No, of course not. Press on. It's probably a coincidence. ~I

Iouny 17.
I am certian the sewers are the best plan. I have found MANY entrances in the hills ... most of which open up close to a mile from the city wall. I am sure we can get our troops in undetected. ~I

Iouny 18.
Very well. ~M
There a bunch of long and boring notes written between th 19th and 28th of Iouny, which seems to be detailing the military structure of the Imperial Army and the family History of the Emperor. Mixed in are various notes about the Spellcasters and Scholars who frequent the Library, but none seem to impressive. After that, the notes continue ...

Stone wrote:Ravid 1
I shall return in the spring. Continue your research. ~M

Ravid 2
Will do. ~I

Ravid 3
I have drawn several more maps of the sewers, as well as the streets. We are nearly set. (I have also found where all the best taverns and alehouses are). ~T

Ravid 4
Don't get to comfortable here. The city will fall. We will get that Nexus one way or another ... but let's hope M and the K can convince the C's of that's crushing this ignorant city is necessary to the survival of our people.

Ravid 5
Any news from the Sandbenders?

Ravid 5
Not yet.

Ravid 14
Still there?

Ravid 15
Yes.

Ravid 24
Happy Massoforge.

Ravid 26
Yeah. You too. Saw you yesterday, Ballpeen. ~I

Ravid 27
Don't call me that.

Ravin 28
Use initials you two. The Sandbenders are in. The K wants to shoot for Korr. The Hags will handle the Rihn problem. The Fomorians are apparently in, too. Meet me downstairs tomorrow and give you the details.

Ravid 29
Sorry. Will do. ~I
Didn't think you'd be back yet.
Formorians? I don't like it.

Avan 1
New year. Time to kick this up a notch. ~M

Avan 2
Yes, boss. ~T

Avan 2
You got it. ~I

Avan 3
I have added a detailed map of the Three Lions District to my existing maps. I have marked strategic points of interest, and marked the best routes to them from the city exits. ~T

Avan 3
Spoke at length with Viktor today. Seems they haven't heard from the Airbenders either. Not in years. Anyway, he told me he met Aodhan Blas yesterday. They are supposed to meet again tomorrow. ~I

Avan 3
Get a tail on them. ~M

Avan 4
I can't believe they haven't figured it out yet. The phenomenon was written about so many times now. How has it remained a secret for so long? ~T

Avan 4
Will do. ~I

Avan 4
Seems Aodhan thinks Viktor is an idiot, too. No worries there. ~I

Avan 5
Recieved word from the K. They have begun construction on the Iron Hills proposed at the council. A compliment of the usual mammoth trebuchets will accompany it.

Also, it seems Eladrin spies were killed in the Fomorian caves yesterday. Could be a coincidence, but keep a close eye on any Eladrin you see in the city. ~M

And T, let's just be happy they haven't figured it out yet. If anybody would've believed Blas we wouldn't be where we are today. I only wish we knew what happened to Anin. ~M

Avan 7
There are many Eladrin here. I killed three last night in their sleep. Don't worry, they were leaving this morning anyway - I just din't want to risk it if they new something and were taking it back. ~I

Avan 8
Be more careful.
PS- T, you still there?

Avan 9
Fomorians? That sounds risky. ~T

Avan 9
Perhaps. But for now it is a convenient alliance.

Avan 11
Anyone else see the spell this Siqerod guy is working on? Wow. I hope we crush this pathetic city before he completes it. ~I

Avan 12
T?

Avan 14
I am still here. ~T

Avan 14
Well, that's the least we could hope for. Are you paying attention? ANIN! ~M

Avan 27
What after the 7 Hills? Imil? the Femdrell? ~I

Avan 28
Stay focused. One Nexus at a time. Besides, it's so far away. ~M

Hamut 1
What about Anin? ~T

Hamut 2
Nothing. Forget it. I wrote that weeks ago. ~M

Hamut 4
I want to know.

Hamut
Know what? About Anin? Nothing new. I was just saying, I wish we knew where it went. You know, three days before we planned to crush it, it vanished. Could be koincidence, but somehow it doesn't seem like it. ~M

Hamut 21
You guys haven't written anything is weeks. What's up? Anyway, just got back. Rinh and his band of miscreants have been destroyed. Our arses have been covered. ~M

Hamut 23
T? I?

Hamut 25
Oops. Sorry Boss. I have a bunch of notes to add. ~I

Wait, just read your notes about Anin. You mean way back when, right?

Hamut 26
Yes.

Hamut 27
I thought the Waterbenders precogged that attack and left, taking the city with them. ~T

Hamut the 27
That's a myth. There no way. If it were, then all of those Aqueas Templar's should have the power to bring it back right? I mean, that's the tale. But we studied some of them before we destroyed them. Nobody ever discovered anything but the most mediocre of enchantments. ~M

PS- Tho I guess it's no great feat of genius to see it coming. Not after we crushed Umar ... but still, they weren't supposed to know it was us.
On Hamut the 27th, a bunch of notes were added regarding the military strength of each district, as well as the mineral content of the streets and walls. But that stuff is less than relevent now, so Alex can just skim it.

Stone wrote:Moncorel 1
The K gave the announcement. The Heads are preparing for war.

Moncorel 2
Yay! ~I

Yay! ~T

Moncorel 5
Several more Eladrin were killed in the Fomorian caves last week. Could be trouble. ~M

Moncorel 7
Viktor. How annoying. Get out of my face!

Moncorel 8
I know.

Moncorel 11
More Eladrin were kaught. This time they saved us one. If they're spies, we'll drag it out of this one. ~M

Moncorel 13
What's with all these Imperial recruits?
Are they onto us? ~T

Moncorel 14
I don't know. Could just be the weather. ~I

Moncorel 16
This is insane! There are SO many recruits! They are definitely preparing for war. they know! ~I

Moncorel 20
Quit blithering. The spy didn't tell us anything, but that tells us something, you know? He must be working for Grand-Marshal Straegis. We will send a spy to Brackwater to intercept their messenger.

Let's lay low for awhile. ~M

Moncorel 21
Low. Got it. But I can't believe what i just saw. The High-General is constructing a Command Tower in the Training fields. ~T

Moncorel 23
The Lord-Generals are spending a lot of time at that Command Tower. All at the same time. ~I

Monkorel 24
So? ~M

Moncorel 24
The fields are a deathtrap. We'll use walls of stone to trap them, and mobile bridges to get in there and crush them! ~I

Moncorel 26
We have a guest. Adham Bin Ammar. We will all show him the city, so don't worry about the notes for a few days.~M

Korr 4
The Eladrin of the North are in. They want revenge against the Empire for what happened during the Winter of Tears. They still do not realize what REALLY happened at Shadow Pass. And they infiltrated the Maor years ago! This just gets better and better.

Korr 15
Still nothing certian, but Maberon believes the messenger will either be Raed Jancalis or Straegis II. The White Wind shall watch Brackwater, and the Black Squall shall watch Etol. Our Miner should be arriving in Brackwater anytime now.

Korr 17
The Messenger is on the move!
One weel and counting.

Korr 21
Where did Viktor go? ~I

No idea. ~M

Korr 22
Straegis II and Raed Jancalis BOTH spotted in Brackwater; apparently riding in some wagon. Their companions are many, but Vangg Diijungghar is with them! (How did he survive the Cave Temple?) Watch the Portals! ~M

Korr 22
We will follow every wagon that comes through.

Korr 23
Jancalis spotted again in Brackwater. What's he doing?

Korr 23
Using the Eyepatch, P spotted an Eladrin hiding in the back of a wagon we had bee following. Though Diijungghar was not with them, two of his companions entered a Rainan's. P approached the wagon and pretended to be looking for Diijungghar. So, I went in and ran into a young Waterbender named Alex who asked me to recommend a nice Inn! I recommended the Beholder's Stein. We shall crush them at midnight.

Korr 24
Obviously, last night didn't go as well as hoped.
Continue as planned!!

After that is pages and pages of the Dwarves' mystic research, but it might take some time to read it all.
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

XPs for the Quest "Find out if Raed Jacalis was a Traitor" = 120
XPs for Quest "Why were the Dwarves looking for Vangg" = 120
XPs for Quest "Were the Hags involved in the Cave Temple Massacre?" = 120

OOC: The Aqueaus Templar's Concordance drops to 7.
The Eyepatch's Concordance raises to 7.

OOC: I will add more to the book later today.
Bigger Quest XPs are associated with the next section.

NOTE: Your Current XPs are 10,138 ... that's enough to Level-Up!
At 7th Level, you gain HPs and an Encounter Attack Power
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"It will rain this evening again. This will be a perfect time to clear the sewers. You spoke of opening all the floodgates at once - how about right after the rain begins? They should be swollen from last nights rains already, tonight's will put the nail in the coffin. Let's send runners to each district's floodgates. Do you all agree?"
The Lt. Colonel says, "Right then." He makes a brief gesture with his hand, and three of the hoodlums follows him to the door. He whispers something to them that only Davin's ears are sharp enough to hear "Run to your neighbor cells and have THEM run to the various districts with you. That'll make for 28 runners; two to each district. Open the floodgates, right after it starts raining. Make sure the Guard Captains know before you do it; we don't want any of ours drowning there. Now go."

He returns with a smile, and snags another piece of the Jerky.
"I think your plan will work."

"Me too," the LG says, looking a little worried.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:47 pm

Malazek wrote:Reading further, Alex discovers pages and pages of Ley Line research written by "~I." He doesn't bother to explain the basics of the relevent theories, and many of the calculations lack notation, making it difficult to tell what he's adding up. But fortunately, he meticulously summarizes his findings after each section. Some of the key gems are ...

STONE wrote:"Unlike the surges described after the destruction of the PM and WO, and the surges witnessed after the deliberate destruction of the CoA and the CoBT ~ no surge was felt after the dissappearance of the ToH."

"Sinking the TUtW caused such a change in the LL. By comparing old LL maps to new ones, we can see how the LL broke free of their former N, and collapsed upon other N ~ often breaking past minor N and falling upon those of denser concentration, like the WS. ~ In this case, it's easy to see how the LL that once stretched to the TUtW now run through the CT and former location of the ToH."

"The most dramatic of which has to be the destruction of SP, which caused LL to fall great distances and to eventually be caught by the F, the WS, and then 7HoE. This strained the connection to the HToI, but even still the lines did not snap ~ At first, Mana through those LL ran thin, but over the years, the LL have gravitated on their own towards closer N of lower prominence."

"It remarkable to see the damage caused by the ignorance of the Swollen Eye. If they would have had the proper rituals when they cut down the WO, the Wyver Woodland (and indeed the Imperial Highway) would likely not be there today."

"It is as my grandfather suggested: the LL behave as if the ToH is still there. They have not collapsed even to the nearby minor N, let alone to denser more prominent ones like the CT or the 7HoE. They stretch toward the ToH and then vanish, myseriously, into the Malbog. Somehow, it IS still there."

"Taking the CT and the 7HoE all in one campaign was wise. If anyone saw what we were doing, they could easily have prevented it. The CT is like the anus of the BP ... which we have now wisely covered."
More to come.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:
Malazek wrote: Finally, he finds the Corporal Frater, unconscious and severely wounded ... but alive (Below 0 HPs but Stabilized).

Verity scrambles through the debris to his brother’s side. Awash in relief at the faint heartbeat, he clumsily brushes away tears with a mailed gauntlet, that his elder brother not see. He tilts Frater’s head back and pours one of the healing potions into his brother’s slack-jawed mouth. When he wakes Verity cajoles him dryly, “You could have just told me you didn’t want to meet for a drink tonight, no need to go to such lengths. And mum always said you were the smart one. Phah!”
Dropping the ruse he catches his brother in a tight bear hug. “If you try that again I’m going to kick your arse. Come on let’s get you out of here.” He helps Frater to his feet. “The main body of the force has fallen back to secure the Three Lions District. Prince Helfare’s elves and some few skirmishers remain. Have you seen Veridic or Fortis?”
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:
Malazek wrote:Reading further, Alex discovers pages and pages of Ley Line research written by "~I." He doesn't bother to explain the basics of the relevent theories, and many of the calculations lack notation, making it difficult to tell what he's adding up. But fortunately, he meticulously summarizes his findings after each section. Some of the key gems are ...

STONE wrote:"Unlike the surges described after the destruction of the OM and WO, and the surges witnessed after the deliberate destruction of the CoA and the CoBT ~ no surge was felt after the dissappearance of the ToH."

"Sinking the TUtW caused such a change in the LL. By comparing old LL maps to new ones, we can see how the LL broke free of their former N, and collapsed upon other N ~ often breaking past minor N and falling upon those of denser concentration, like the WS. ~ In this case, it's easy to see how the LL that once stretched to the TUtW now run through the CT and former location of the ToH."

"The most dramatic of which has to be the destruction of SP, which caused LL to fall great distances and to eventually be caught by the F, the WS, and then 7HoE. This strained the connection to the HToI, but even still the lines did not snap ~ At first, Mana through those LL ran thin, but over the years, the LL have gravitated on their own towards closer N of lower prominence."

"It remarkable to see the damage caused by the ignorance of the Swollen Eye. If they would have had the proper rituals when they cut down the WO, the Wyver Woodland (and indeed the Imperial Highway) would likely not be there today."

"It is as my grandfather suggested: the LL behave as if the ToH is still there. They have not collapsed even to the nearby minor N, let alone to denser more prominent ones like the CT or the 7HoE. They stretch toward the ToH and then vanish, myseriously, into the Malbog. Somehow, it IS still there."

"Taking the CT and the 7HoE all in one campaign was wise. If anyone saw what we were doing, they could easily have prevented it. The CT is like the anus of the BP ... which we have now wisely covered."
More to come.

Alex mutters to himself. "The Tower of Hydrology vanished...it was once in the barren lands; where Lexis was...Anin. But then the dragon God crushed Anin under a wave of water; and Lexis was the only known survivor, she lived with the lizardmen. Then the Elves built Talth'Anin atop its ruins. Lexis visited Talth'Anin regularly looking for waterbenders but never found any. This is so interesting.
The Tower of Hydrology didn't fall though. The Nexus wasn't destroyed, it's meerly disappeared. Just. Like. Lexis. The Ley Lines still flow into the Malbog and then vanish. I must inform Master Jenna as soon as possible. I hope she arrives. Thats not the end of it all though.

The dwarves are capturing Nexus's. Not only that. They're destroying the 'mancers as they do it. Combining a controlling of Nexus's with the golden magic that comes with the elemental inbalance from killing the rest of us. They sunk the Tower under the waves; Orcs, presumably, destroyed the Wyvern Oak, the dwarves have hit the shadow pass and the black dragon God got rid of the Pryry mound. They also destroyed Colussus of Arkhosia and The Citadel of Bael Turath. Whats the 'OM' though, and the Bitten Peaks...where are they; they contain the Wise Stone, which presumably the dwarves already have as the group of twelve dwarves were from there...or at least one of them was. So; the dwarves have the Wise Stone, Seven Hills, and the Cave Temple. And they're channeling the Lay Lines so they fuel these nexus's and raise their power.'

Hmm...How can we fix this. "We need to raise the Tower of Hydrology. Also, I need to find out what is keeping the ley line connected at Imil even though it's so far away; thats why are are weakening. We need to drop some of their Nexus's...or make new ones, or...or somehow deal with channeling power. We need the airbenders to readress the balance too. Ugh. Those selfish bastards." Alex's eyes sparkle, frost congregates on his shoulders. Can you Help; Aqeuous Templar? Do you know anything? Alex feels he is loosing his mind...How about you Eyepatch? You're good seeing strange things...any chance you might be able to Ley Lines or Energy flow?

"Straegis..." Alex calls. "Can I look at one of your maps?"

--------------------
What is the OM, Also, where is the Wise Stone? Are the bitten peaks near here? Are there any Nexus's here, or can Alex figure any reason why they woudl want to capture the Imperial City? I've forgotten. Is it close? Have I missed anything/made mistakes?.

Does Straegis have a world map; would it be possible for Alex and Straegis to attempt to know where most of the Nexus's are, and then the flow of the Ley Lines? Do Ley Lines travel in straight lines? There was a Map in the book that Alex found in the Library on 'Waterbender strongholds' or at least there were multiple maps. Any chance of an overall Nexus World map? Nothing fancy; just a white page with dots on it would be enough!
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:48 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:O.O.C. Magic, for rp'ing purposes can we say that Alex has been reading aloud in Davek from the pages? It helps with this...

Straegis does his best to translate the Davek to common as Alex reads it, he is somewhat accurate needing to be corrected by Alex several times. He screws up mostly on words with similar pronunciations and/or translations. "I'll get it one of these days!" He struggles to keep up as Alex reads quickly, the stories of the ley lines and nexuses confuse him at first but he is thankful Alex is patient. Straegis is more than happy to share the maps, he replies "If you tell me specifically what areas you are looking for, I can probably help you narrow it down to the most specific maps I have." Straegis is puzzled by one name that was mentioned, Adham Bin Ammar...he tries to remember why it sounds familiar.

History(to find right maps):1d20=10+14(s)+2(assist?)=26?
History(Adham Bin Ammar):1d20=9+14(s)=23
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:"Clash darnek telgrin forna sine. Vrik tanar glawasil seg Trechnachar." I want a huge map. We can plot Leylines?
Malazek wrote:
Alex wrote:Can you Help; Aqeuous Templar? Do you know anything?
Alex recives a strong positive emotion from the artifact.

OOC: Btw, the AT's Concordance has jumped to 14 (Satisfied); partially because you made progress towards its goals and partially because you levelled; though it would have been 16 (pleased) if it weren't for using the Eyepatch to get there.

Alex wrote:How about you Eyepatch? You're good seeing strange things...any chance you might be able to Ley Lines or Energy flow?
No response.

Alex wrote:What is the OM?
Upon closer inspection, it seems to be a "PM" ... the author's handwriting was just sloppy.

OOC: Typo. Sorry. It probably stands for "Pyry Mound."

Alex wrote:Also, where is the Wise Stone? Are the bitten peaks near here?
The Bitten Peaks are east of here. It's where the Dwarves live. The Wise Stone is somewhere inside the Bitten Peaks.

Alex wrote:Are there any Nexus's here, or can Alex figure any reason why they woudl want to capture the Imperial City?
The Seven Hills of Etol are within the Imperial City. "Etol" is the original name of the Imperial City; and the Seven Hills are the original site of Etol.

Alex wrote:There was a Map in the book that Alex found in the Library on 'Waterbender strongholds' or at least there were multiple maps. Any chance of an overall Nexus World map? Nothing fancy; just a white page with dots on it would be enough!
OOC: Hmm. There was an index in that book that listed THOUSANDS of "minor" Nexus Points ... but I'll see what I can come up with.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:
Straegis II wrote:Straegis is puzzled by one name that was mentioned, Adham Bin Ammar...he tries to remember why it sounds familiar.
History(Adham Bin Ammar):1d20=9+14(s)=23
Straegis has never heard the name before, but is certian the name is foreign and probably originates from the Great Eastern Peninsula. The name literally means "Adham Son of Ammar" but more specifically it means "Black Son of the Builder."

Even though "Bin Ammar" is a surname, "Ammar" is probably the personal name of Adham's father. Straegis will need more information than that.

Straegis II wrote:History(to find right maps):1d20=10+14(s)+2(assist?)=26?
OOC: Let me see what I can come up with.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:49 pm

Malazek wrote:
Malazek wrote:Mordax marches alongside the Dwarves as they march from the woods by the river, and into the surrounding farmlands. It's only a matter of minutes before quaint farmhouses turn to suburban industry, and another stone-covered gate comes into view. A long bridge up ahead allows the distant highway to stretch over the river, where it normally enters the city; but not today.

As the Dwarves march along the wall, Mordax sees his opportunity. He dashes away from the slow moving Dwarves, and jumps into the mighty river. Instinctively, the Dwarves rush to the banks, raising their deadly crossbows.

What next?
Mordax eventually washes up on shore, just outside the Training Grounds. Dragging himself out of the mud, he heads back to where he left his armor; and thankfully it is still there (unlike his trident, which he regrettably left in the hands of some bedraggled Dwarf).

After donning his armor, he returns to the where he last saw the troops ... and discovers the remnants of a bloody battle. Thousands upon thousands lay dead; yet a small portion of the battle wages on. From this distance, it seems as if the Dwarves HERE have been defeated; human archers on the wall and elven archers on foot pepper the Dwarves from a distance, and two strange metal domes are continually blasting.

As he runs along, he sees the command tower has collapsed. Two men stand among the debris ...

Verity wrote:Verity scrambles through the debris to his brother’s side. Awash in relief at the faint heartbeat, he clumsily brushes away tears with a mailed gauntlet, that his elder brother not see. He tilts Frater’s head back and pours one of the healing potions into his brother’s slack-jawed mouth. When he wakes Verity cajoles him dryly, “You could have just told me you didn’t want to meet for a drink tonight, no need to go to such lengths. And mum always said you were the smart one. Phah!”
Dropping the ruse he catches his brother in a tight bear hug. “If you try that again I’m going to kick your arse. Come on let’s get you out of here.” He helps Frater to his feet. “The main body of the force has fallen back to secure the Three Lions District. Prince Helfare’s elves and some few skirmishers remain. Have you seen Veridic or Fortis?”
Frater hugs Verity and thanks him heartily. Before he can anser to the whereabouts of your other family members, you see a wet Mordax coming along the wall.

OOC: He will answer the question when I get home this afternoon. Sorry, I have to head to work.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

The Witch-King wrote:Raising his hand in salute, Mordax calls out "Greetings, friends, an' I hope I find ye' weel. Are ye' hurt?"

Crouching next to the brothers, he says "Hae' we breached tha' city? Where can I find tha' Laird General?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Halcyon wrote:Verity waves to return the salute. He answers for his brother as Frater still struggles, foggy-eyed and spluttering on the healing elixir. "My brother, while greivous hurt, fared better than most that were stationed in the tower as you see. For myself I am well, and much pleased at your safe return friend Mordax." He clasps the veteran's shoulder with his free hand. "How fare ye?"

"The main force defends the Three Lions district, minus yon skirmishers. Lord General Ferall and our companions and were taken by the Lieutenant Colonel to a safehouse, in part so they might use ritual magic to bring us aid. They will return shortly, if they haven't already."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis sees Davin and decides this is a good time to fill him in, "Tyrol, se nem il han venid teln, pim amil e Talth'Anin ba Nev Thaeraes! Haln relir vel an sina es baril en levinar fa amil e veni, il mak pilek ber a nem?" (Cousin, it turns out you may be royalty after all, the ruling family of Talth'Anin was House Thaeraes! I have copied as many of the names and their association to the family as I could, do you recognize any of them?) Straegis hands Davin the paper he wrote the names on and tries to explain his crudely drawn family tree.

O.O.C.: Tyrol, if you wanna make hist. checks on those names, I'd be glad to assist!

History(Assist): 1d20=16+14(s)=30
History(Assist): 1d20=3+14(s)=17
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:50 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:"Ok. They want the Seven Hills of Etol. The site of the Imperial city. We need to stop them from getting there, because thats where they'll be more powerful; the rockbenders that is. Right now. I'm mad. I want to find some rockbenders to fight." Alex brushes the frost from his shoulders.

"I'm done reading for now. We've had a rest. We should find Verity and Mordax and regroup. We need to meet with Aodhan the firebender and we need to ensure we keep the dwarves away from the location of the Seven Hills of Etol..."

History: 5+13+2 (straegis) = 20.

"Whilst making sure they don't take over the city. Oh, and we need to go and find Master Jenna; shall we do that now? I'll happily go alone to the teleportation courtyard and meet you somewhere else."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 25 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 18 ... 25  Next