Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next

Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 3 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:"Rethias al abaddim, dothair." ("Follow me close, cousin.")
With a nod to the storekeep, I head out the back door and follow his directions, sticking low and to the shadows.
Athletics check=24
3 Stealth checks=28, 28, 24
Perception check=29
macksgarageusa wrote:Straegis follows Davin's lead and attempts to beat a hasty retreat.
Athletics=13
Athletics=13
Due to the distance- Endurance=17
Stealth=6
Re-roll = 9

Clinging to the shadows, Davin and Straegis follow the directions to the best of their ability ... but as they approach the Stewbowl, they see two of the hooden figures emerge from a yard up ahead. The figures look around until they see the two of you. Reflexively, the Maor start to back up into the yard; but realizing they have been spotted, they stand firm ... hands slowly reaching for their blades.

Run? Fight? Lie? What's the Plan?
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 606

Back to top Go down

Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets" - Page 3 Empty Re: Book One: Chapter Two: "Urgent Secrets"

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:27 pm

Swifthand wrote:I side step to the right of Straegis, pulling my bow off my shoulder with one hand and grabbing my hunting horn with the other, but keeping it concealed in my cloak for now. I then wait for Straegis' move, ready to back him up.

O.O.C. - Man, Macks, I didn't want to start this out by killing your fellow Eladrin, lol. I can slow one of them to a move of 1; do you have any slow/stun/incapacitating moves? We need Alex's Sleep!

Mal, can we choose to do nonlethal damage and knock them out? Or do a heal check when/if they go down to keep them alive?

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

151prooftattoos wrote:WoeVangg smiles at Alex and Kardan.

"'ere be me friends now. Alex n' Kardan meets Jiffs an' Tiff's! Dey be ol' Jack o' da Bogwood's distant cousins. Me jus' be tells da tales o' 'ow we runs 'round da Muckbog clearin' da place o' ill wills, 'ags, n' twenty-three 'eaded swamp dragons."

Vangg studies the rest of the room, eyeing anyone else inside.

Insight: 22

Roll

Halcyon wrote:OCC: I'd just like to say Woe Vangg's accent is awesome.

OOC: Thanks! Laughing
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Swifthand wrote:O.O.C. - Hey everyone, make sure you add your money from selling the art and jewels. It's in the post above where I bought all our provisions.

DM EDIT: BELAY THAT! ... it willl be 61gp and 8sp per person ... but Davin hasn't given it to them yet.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:28 pm

Malazek wrote:
Swifthand wrote:can we ... do a heal check when/if they go down to keep them alive?
You can try. It's a DC 15, unless they're already dead.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:29 pm

magicspellz12 wrote:OOC: Can someone link me to the post detailing why people are looking for Straegis...I looked through like, the entire of chapter 1 and couldn't find it. I know its got something to do with scrolls getting swapped. Other than that I am fully up to date. Also, I took the Stubborn Survivor feat from FRPG if you don't mind.

"Do either of you know anywhere where I might find Ritual, or, Alchemical components?"

-----------
Alex will head to a ritual shop unaccompanied if so, and purchase 100gp worth of Arcana components, and 100gp of Nature. From 245 leaving him with...45gp left, if there is such a shop and they stock such things.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:30 pm

Malazek wrote:
magicspellz12 wrote:OOC: Can someone link me to the post detailing why people are looking for Straegis...I looked through like, the entire of chapter 1 and couldn't find it. I know its got something to do with scrolls getting swapped. Other than that I am fully up to date.
[url=http://rpgs.phpbb24.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=537&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=540]macksgarageusa[/url] wrote:Straegis motions to the group to come in closer and says, "All who can hear me should listen, I don't want to have to tell this story too many times or too loudly." He quiets his voice to just above a whisper and continues on with his tale, "When you found me wandering through the Malbog I was not lost, I informed you all that I was indeed looking for someone. I hail from the Feywild, as most of you are probably aware, and I told you briefly of my family history. I did however manage to leave out a very important detail, that I think may be relevant now. My portal to your world allows me to enter from a place called Cairn o' Talth, I believe this is the Talth'Anin the mystic spoke of and we are indeed close. I could most likely get us there without the map...but I am not sure this would be a great plan at the moment."

Pausing for a second to look around suspiciously he continues with his story, "You see, I told you of my father and his legendary exploits and how so many of my people expected me to follow in his shadow. Well, I was informed of our military's intention to send some detailed plans to the human army here, so I volunteered to be the courier. My superiors decided that because I would be easily recognized, I should carry a decoy scroll, unfortunately this was not the path I had chosen for myself."

Straegis reaches into his pack and slowly removes a sealed scrollcase and smirks as he says, "I took the real scroll and set out before they knew what happened. So...heading toward 'Talth' at this time, could prove to be the wrong plan. I would guess they know already but if not, I suspect that if I don't get the scroll delivered, when this fact is discovered 'in my fathers shadow' is not where they will put me."

magicspellz12 wrote:"Do either of you know anywhere where I might find Ritual, or, Alchemical components?"

Alex will head to a ritual shop unaccompanied if so, and purchase 100gp worth of [Alchemical Reagents], and 100gp of [Rare Herbs]. From 245 leaving him with...45gp left, if there is such a shop and they stock such things.
Kardan easily provides Alex with directions to the local Hedgemage, which is fortunately just a hop, skip, and a jump from the Stewbowl (because of it's convenient proximity to the bog ... the hedgemage's brother has a similiar shop on the other side of town, located coveniently near the Eldworn).

On his way back to the Stewbowl, Alex sees the stand-off between the two hooded figures and his companions. The hooded figures are maybe 50 yards from Alex; Davin and Straegis another 20 yards away.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

macksgarageusa wrote:In Elven Straegis whispers to Davin, "Ta, yar a ge bi hef lemm el zil." (Wait, ready your
bow but let me see what they want first.) He then turns to the cloaked pair, shrugs his shoulders and
throws up his hands almost defiantly as if to say, What?
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:The two hooded figures look at each other, and then back to Straegis.
One heads off, back to the rest of the Maor.
The other pulls his blade, and boldy marches forward ... with murder in his eyes.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:31 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 41/41; AC 18 Fort 15 Ref 17 Will 16; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=1

"Alex! Stop him!", motioning to the retreating Eladrin.

Standard - HBT the approaching Eladrin.
Minor - Designate him as my quarry.

Initiative = 18
HBT=28
HBT Damage = 22
HQ Damage = 4

'ole boy is slowed and take 5 ongoing, save ends.

Move - Move 7 or run 9 till I provoke a AO on him.
Fox's Cunning - Shift 1 Square back from him and shoot.

FC=28
FC Damage =7

If he is still up, spend an AP.

Twin Strike 1 =28, Twin Strike 2= 13

Assuming a 13 is a miss, Elven Accuracy...

Twin Shot 2 =27
TS1Damage = 10, TS2Damage = 9

O.O.C. - If at any point in my attacks, the agent falls, I DO NOT continue attacking...I am only looking to subdue this guy...

Arrow Count = 158

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

magicspellz12 wrote:Alex quickly pops open his waterskin, and holds his right arm out. A snake of water flies from the leather sack to strike the Eladrin immediately.

-----------------
Water Whip (Chill strike)
11 vs. Fort
14 Cold damage and Dazed if hit.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Malazek wrote:OOC: Walk 7 or Run 9? Which is it?
We'll go with Walk, cuz you didn't apply the -5 penalty to your subsequent attack rolls.
He is still up after HBT, but he isn't yet close enough for FC to go off.
But if you're gonna use an AP, nows when you need to do it.
Since he's still up, I'll assume that's what you're doing

The Approaching Maor has a 15 Initiative

Davin fires a powerful shot at the legs of the hooden assailent, crippling the Maor's speed ... and then fires two more arrows at Straegis. DM EDIT: Davin's Disrupting Shot interupts the one of the attacks (46 total damage).

He also takes 5 from the ongoing damage, and misses his save.

Unable to close the distance, the Maor puts away his sword and pulls a small crossbow ... which he uses to fire two bolts at Straegis (DM EDIT: Davin's shot disrupts one of the Maor's attacks (so it does 12 Damage, instead of 24 ... also, disruptive strike causes another 11 damage to the Maor).
_____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Alex's Initiative will be 4.

The retreating Maor runs toward the rest of his allies.
Alex lashes at him with a water whip, but the Maor shrugs off the effect.
(An 11 doesn't hit).
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:32 pm

Malazek wrote:
151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg studies the rest of the room, eyeing anyone else inside.
Insight: 22
Studying the room, Vangg suspects most of the patrons are simple folk -- farmers, craftsmen, and the like. Aside from Joe and Tiff and Kardan, the only exception to this is the lone Dwarven miner in the corner, passed out with his face in a soup bowl.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:33 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin: HP 41/41; AC 18 Fort 15 Ref 17 Will 16; Healing Surges=8/8 Action Points=0
Malazek wrote:OOC: Walk 7 or Run 9? Which is it? We'll go with Walk, cuz you didn't apply the -5 penalty to your subsequent attack rolls..
O.O.C. - Yah - if I could have made it I would have run, but since I can't, that works.

Malazek wrote:Unable to close the distance, the Maor puts away his sword and pulls a small crossbow ... which he uses to fire two bolts into Straegis (24 Damage).
Immediate Interrupt - Distracting Shot when the Maor shoots at Straegis.
Disruptive Strike = 24
DSDamage = 11

The Maor is -7 to it's attack. Add +1 to my HBT damage above; I forgot to add my bows magic bonus.

Arrow Count = 158

-Swift

DM EDIT: Straegis's presense increase your Initiative by +2.
It also gives you a +2 to hit and a +4 to damage when you spend an AP

My last post as been editted.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:34 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Initiative=14

Straegis II: HP:32/44 AC:19 Fort:17 Ref:17 Will:14

Disappointed by the fact that he may have to kill the Maor but excited for the fight (Straegis never
liked this guy anyway), Straegis says to Davin, "I don't want to kill him unless we are forced to.
Strike him again!"

O.O.C.: Davin is +2 to his Init. until he is 11 sq. away from me (Warlord's Combat Leader), and
as long as I can see Davin when he spends his AP he is +2 to Attack and +4 to Damage. (Warlord's
Tactical Presence and Assault).

After the arrows hit home Straegis pulls his handaxe and throws it at the Maor,
Attack=22
Damage=5

Minor: Pull handaxe.
Standard: Attack approaching Maor.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:34 pm

Swifthand wrote:
macksgarageusa wrote:(Straegis never liked this guy anyway)

O.O.C - LOL!

O.O.C. #2 - 67pts of damage and this guy still isn't bloodied! Pull out the big guns!

-Swift
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg stands and stretches and walks up to the bar.

"'Nuther coffee please ma'ams. Me stills nigh awakened. Coffee be's da wake up drink!"

The dwarf mumbles under his breath, "Where be's Davin's an' da others? Probablikes dealin's w' da unmattered merchantfolks ..."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:35 pm

Malazek wrote:Straegis axes hits the Maor, who becomes visible frustrated.

Begin Round 2 ...
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:36 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:After getting his refill, Vangg steps toward the door and looks back to the barworker.

"Jus' gettin' me some o' da stale bog air. Me knoweth it nigh be ah fresh! Me be's back in ah axeswing."

Vangg steps outside and stretches again.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:36 pm

Malazek wrote:
151prooftattoos wrote:Vangg steps outside and stretches again.
Vangg easily sees the commotion going on, just a few blocks over.
Roll Initiative.

151prooftattoos wrote:"... Me be's back in ah axeswing."
OOC: Indeed! Haha.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:38 pm

macksgarageusa wrote:Seeing the Maor falter, Straegis pulls his sword as he moves in for an attack.

Attack=24
Damage=10

Move: To a square closer to Maor.
Minor: Pull sword.
Standard: Charge Maor.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:38 pm

151prooftattoos wrote:Based on this initiative roll: (1 !!! )+2 =3 ...
initiative (1d20+2=3)

Seeing the commotion - and shocked-, Vangg accidently spills his coffee on himself ... it burns! He drops his mug and it clangs when it hits the ground.

"Bedamn ... !! Who ... Wha?!!"

He fumbles to get his bearings straight.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:39 pm

"La-dee-da, la-dee-da, la-dee-da!" Verity chimes, bouncing the infant. Baby brother Candor begins to cry.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Malazek wrote:Kardan hears the horn. Horns are not at all uncommon in these parts, but Davin's Lizardman horn has a distinct sound.
Plus, it's SO close to the Stewbowl that Kardan is certian it's Davin blowing the horn.
Roll Initiative.

Vangg, Straegis, Alex, and Davin obviously hear it, too.

It's unlikely that Verity would hear it, but remarkably He does!
Roll Initiative (tho, he's atleast 4 miles away)

But, before that ...

Halcyon wrote:Verity's brow furrows with concern. "I see much has changed here at home as well, and not all for good. Why would the Emperor conscript his folk? Is his need defense or conquest, and against whom?"
"Nobody is quite certian. Perhaps he expects war?"

Halcyon wrote:"His name be Staegis II and he is son of a great general of his people. Keep his name in confidence, though, for he is sought by those who would do him ill."
"Straegis? Okay, son, we won't mention a word of it."
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  magicspellz12 Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:40 pm

Halcyon wrote:Verity's face contorts into a mixture of alarm and regret. "That distant horn could only mean my friends are in great danger." He pauses for a moment hoping that perhaps he imagined it, but the second hornblast sounds unmistakeably over the valley. He allows himself a heavy sigh. Then in a flurry of motion he hands his bother back to his mum and snatches the sack containing his old armor from Zephyrs back. "I've brought back your armor, da, may you never have need for it again. Be it the will o' the Queen I'll be back for dinner. If no then fear not for me, for the Queen favors the bold." As he mounts his courser and wheels away Verity calls back, "Give my regards to the rest. I'll return as soon as I can!"
He sets Zephyr at a run through the field directly towards the sound of the horn.
magicspellz12
magicspellz12
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 23 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 13 ... 23  Next