Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

+2
magicspellz12
Malazek
6 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 13 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  Malazek Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:54 pm

Swifthand wrote:"No need to board, we're in a hurry: Jaru has been sacked by monsters. Be wary!"
Passive Insight = 23.
"Aye, we know. Some o' t' crew were slain thar, last night. Those who didn't perish, just barely escaped with their lives." His answer seems genuine.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains" - Page 13 Empty Re: Book Two: Chapter Seven: "Restless Remains"

Post  Swifthand Thu Nov 05, 2009 2:55 pm

With a nod for luck, Davin snaps the reins and heads for Katrina's ship.

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 881

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:03 pm

Within minutes, the heroes reach Katrina's ship. As they draw near, Katrina responds "It's about time you showed up! I've been trying to reach you," she says, holding up her hand to display the magic ring Alex sent her. "I was trying to warn you, but I wasn't sure this thing even worked."

OOC: Since magicspellz hasn't posted in almost 3 weeks (and only a handful of times in the last couple months) ...

Alex expresses the need to stay here and make sure everything is alright. He promises to catch up later. After saying his goodbyes, he walks out onto the water and heads over to the ship; a column of water then twirls under his feet, lifting him safely to deck level. He waves again before the wagon leaves ...

OOC: Magicspellz, when you have more time to post, we'll work Alex back into the story. We miss you're presence on the board; but it seems he's been more of an NPC lately. Just let me know when your schedule settles down, and we'll figure out how get you back into the party (shouldn't be too hard, with Portal spells and what not).

Last edited by Malazek on Thu Nov 05, 2009 8:07 pm; edited 2 times in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Assuming no one has any other business at the ships or in Jaru...

With a wave, the wagon is back off at top speed, toward Harley's.

Speed 9, Double move=18sq/round.

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:09 pm

Swifthand wrote:Assuming no one has any other business at the ships or in Jaru...
OOC: Yeah. I'll wait until everyone has had a chance to post before moving things along from here.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Thu Nov 05, 2009 11:50 pm

OOC: Vangg = along for the ride so far~
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:39 am

Malazek wrote:OOC: Since magicspellz hasn't posted in almost 3 weeks (and only a handful of times in the last couple months) ...
O.o.C.: I concur, I was going to have Straegis suggest that in character anyway while we were here in Jaru. Hurry back Alex.

Straegis makes sure everything is secured in the wagon and sets himself down securely for the hasty journey.
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:41 pm

The wagon races along the shore until it reaches the River Rusty. At the mouth of the river, riding upstream proves to be slower than anticipated; so the heroes veer over to the river bank and ride alongside the river until they reach Harley's place. When they get there, they find Harley filling a deep hole in the front yard. Several sheep are gathered around to watch.

She straightens at your approach, and hoists the shovel to her shoulder. "Howdy."

As the heroes walk up, they see she's already dug and re-filled several other holes. And they discover a pile of severed body parts (a head, a leg, and a ribcage) in the hole she is burying now. A nearby wheelbarrow also contains someone's warty foot and arm, as well as what appears to be a lizardman tail.

Last edited by Malazek on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:52 pm

"Mornin's. What ye 'ave der? Dat 'ow ye d'spose o' ye enemies an what nots?" Bedamns da deads."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Nov 06, 2009 1:00 pm

"Yessir. I'm a buryin' these here dead ... 'least, what parts of 'em made it to me." She looks around at the other mounds. "Seems they got their parts all mixed up somewhere ... just came awanderin' in with each other's parts all sewed on 'em. I tried to pile 'em up together like they should be, but some o' the parts is missin.' Seems some o' the poor fellas is still out there."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:17 pm

"Whence, some Necromager hath seweth dem togetherlikes? Mayhaps burn dem up w' flames?"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:52 pm

"Like in the olden times? Sure. Yer a cleric, aintcha? So, whateve' ya reckon' be fine."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:22 pm

"Aye, let's burn dem up."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Nov 07, 2009 8:14 pm

Harley shrugs and begins to exume the dismembered bodies.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:38 am

Davin and Hound move to assist, Hound with his claws, Davin with pick and shovel.

"Harley - where are the Brothers Rinh, Azzy, and Kersh? Are they alright?"

"When we have a moment, I also have to ask your advise about capturing a magical beast."

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:48 pm

Davin wrote:"Harley - where are the Brothers Rinh, Azzy, and Kersh? Are they alright?"
"I aint sure where they wint. They left right after y'all did."

Davin wrote:"When we have a moment, I also have to ask your advise about capturing a magical beast."
"Well, sure. What kinda 'chanted critter we talkin' 'bout?"
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:29 pm

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"Harley - where are the Brothers Rinh, Azzy, and Kersh? Are they alright?"
"I aint sure where they wint. They left right after y'all did."

Davin turns to Straegis.

"We should do a Sending immediately. 'We have returned to Harley's. Meet back here as soon as possible. Be wary - a Nercomancer stalks the area.' "

Malazek wrote:
Davin wrote:"When we have a moment, I also have to ask your advise about capturing a magical beast."
"Well, sure. What kinda 'chanted critter we talkin' 'bout?"

"The Questing Beast - Glatisant."

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:52 pm

Davin wrote:"The Questing Beast - Glatisant."
"The barking beast?! Why would ya wanna capture it? Don't ya know it belongs in the wild?"

After Davin explains the situation, Harley continues ...
"What a silly quest. The Elfking should know better, really. But I'll help ya, if ya promise t' let it go afterwards an' not t' kill it."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:40 pm

"You have my promise."

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Nov 08, 2009 5:52 pm

"The Barking Beast is a cunnin' critter, be he's a lonely one. So, ya gots t' trick him right back. Dress up as a female o' his kind, and if yer lucky, he'll come close. Then, ya jus' gots to wrassle him or wrangle him or however ya plan to catch him."

"Before ya go dressin' up, tho, make sure ya plug yer ears with some cotton or the like. His bark's a painful one."

"Careful though. If he catches on, he'll be mighty angry. And if he don't, well, ya can imagine what'll happen t' yer keester."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  macksgarageusa Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:33 pm

Swifthand wrote:Davin turns to Straegis.
"We should do a Sending immediately. 'We have returned to Harley's. Meet back here as soon as possible. Be wary - a Nercomancer stalks the area.' "
-Swift

"Consider it done! Just give me a few minutes here to get everything in order and your message will be on its way." Straegis finds a suitable spot and begins working on the Sending ritual. He completes the ritual with relative ease and tells his allies that it's finished. He will assist wherever help is needed with the disposal of the bodies.

Arcana Check: 1d20=20+22=44 Bonus Natchos!
macksgarageusa
macksgarageusa
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 237

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:29 pm

Straegis gets a response immediately, Knows 'bout da necromager; underbesieged by 'is bedamned cadav'rish henches fer two days. When da sally be spotten, will rander-voose wit' ye at da Hillary's.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:40 am

OOC: Halcyon and Swift are both out of town on business ... but feel free to post so we can keep things moving.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Swifthand Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:41 am

"We should go help them - can we Send again and find out where they are from Harley's? I will try to get their trail."

Perception (Tracking)=40 (with Hound's Aid)

-Swift
Swifthand
Swifthand
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:00 pm

"Aye, us should 'elps da mucker an' da go'bin; even if dey be scumsuckers."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next