Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 4 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  zappo168 Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Jasmine downs an ale completely, giving a half-wave to Gemma as the family essentially passes the table by. "I feel like I should be concerned about whatever baggage them's bringin,'" she confides to Merrill, "but I spose that's what I'm here for. Forgettin' all that." She flags a servant down for another ale and begins to hoot and cheer as "Diorio" takes the stage. "Play 'The Matron who Lost her Teat,'" she demands loudly. To the inskeep, she implores, "You are gonna let him play, right?"
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 4 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:36 pm

Kara wrote:Jasmine downs an ale completely, giving a half-wave to Gemma as the family essentially passes the table by.
- OOC: Just to make sure I understand, is this before Gemma greets Jasmine and sits across from the table from her?
Gemma wrote:Gemma heads to the table where Jasmine is sitting. "Jasmine, hello again," ... 
She ... chooses a seat across the table from Jasmine and Merrill.

Last edited by Malazek on Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:51 pm

OOC: "essentially passing her by" being that she gave a short formality but didn't visit or anything like that. And maybe a bit of Jasmine's perception being as that she doesn't seem to like Gemma much, so far. Gemma spoke to Jasmine, but Jasmine didn't speak to Gemma.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:01 pm

Jasmine wrote:OOC: "essentially passing her by" being that she gave a short formality but didn't visit or anything like that. And maybe a bit of Jasmine's perception being as that she doesn't seem to like Gemma much, so far. Gemma spoke to Jasmine, but Jasmine didn't speak to Gemma.
- OOC: Oh, okay, I thought Gemma sat at the table with Jasmine and Merrill (and just sent her siblings to sit somewhere else).
Gemma wrote:Spotting a familiar (although not really friendly) face, Gemma heads to the table where Jasmine is sitting. "Jasmine, hello again," Gemma greets the surly woman. "Hi, I'm Gemma," she finishes, putting her hand out to the person beside Jasmine. "I am hoping to travel with you all during the next part of your journey."

Gemma then turns and nods to her brother and sister, who find empty chairs in the darkest corner of the inn that they can find. She, however, chooses a seat across the table from Jasmine and Merrill.
- OOC: Glitz, does this mean Gemma is sitting at the center table with the rest of the party? Or did she wander off with her bro and sis?

Last edited by Malazek on Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:03 pm

OOC: Yeah, she sat at the table with Merrill and Jasmine. Her "brother" and "sister" went to sit off in a corner.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 22, 2016 4:45 pm

OOC: A new poll is up, under system feedback.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:24 pm

"Food, drink, and free lodging? How very kind of you. I would gladly tradeth services, Good Sir. I'm sure we can fit two or three per room to make it easy on you. I plan on sleeping on the floor anyway, with my bedroll."

(Charming/Persuasion +2)

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:24 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:22 pm

Felix grabs a stool and takes the stage.

He grabs his tiny guitar and creates a foot-stomping jig.

"I am Dioro Evinrood, traveling musician. This is, as requested, 'The Matron who lost her Teat...'"
"Well... the bar matron woke... and started her day,"
"She said, 'I'm gonna make me... a day's worth o' pay.'"
"She was big and ugly... burly and mean!"
"She had the biggest and hairiest arms... that's ever been seen!"
"She liked to fight and cuss... punch men in the face!"
"Get out of my bar.... you drunk... this is my place!"
"She started getting known... as the toughest around..."
"'Til one day, in came a warrioress... and punched her to the ground!"

"What did you do that for, you idiot!?"

"I'm here to challenge you matron," she said with a frown."
"A fist came from nowhere... knocked the warrioress down!"
"Quick to her feet, she kicked the matron in the teeth!"
"I alone will be the toughest in Twin-town!"

"They fought and fought... wrecked the whole damn place!"
"When they were done... they cried in disgrace."
"Missing hand, missing finger, missing arm, missing leg!"
"Missing eye, missing ear, missing nose, missing feet!
"'Ha! That ain't nothing!' said the matron, "Me missin' me teat!"

"Well... the bar matron woke... and started her day,"
"She said, 'I'm gonna make me... a day's worth o' pay.'"
"If she had known... how the day would end..."
"Instead of 'you idiot', she might have said 'friend'."

(Performance +2)
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:22 pm

The member '151prooftattoos' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:46 pm

Malazek wrote:An easel stands near the entrance with a sign, displaying a menu of the inn's services and nightly specials.

• Private rooms (2 beds) for 3 coins per night
  • Stabling for 1 coin per night
  • Mug of ale, mead, or wine for 1 coin
  • Pitcher of ale, mead, or wine for 6 coins
  • Bath water for 1 coin
  • Luxury bath with hot water, soap, and towels for 2 coins
  • Porridge or baked beans for 1 coin
  • Soup or Stew for 2 coins
  • - Soup of the Day: Pork stew with taters and leaks
  • Daily special for 2 coins
  • - Tonight's special: baked bread, roasted pork with taters and carrots
  • Fresh feasts must be purchased a full day in advance

Ordering some wine and porridge, Iris takes a seat next to her sister and takes out her spellbook and begins reading from it. Stopping to eat her dinner when it arrives, Iris answers when talked to directly but never really engages in conversation. Once she finishes her meal, Iris leans over to Jasmine, touching her on the shoulder gently, whispering something no one else can hear, heads back to the bar to order a luxury bath and disappears upstairs.

To Jasmine, Iris whispered, "Remember to behave, dear sister. We are newcomers here and we do not yet have connections to keep you out of jail. I will be upstairs."

To the barkeep/innkeep, "Good sir, I require a hot bath with soap. If my sister starts to become a hassle, please send for me. I will be in our room after the bath."

OOC: -4 coin for wine, porridge and a bath.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:20 pm

Dioro wrote:"Food, drink, and free lodging? How very kind of you. I would gladly tradeth services, Good Sir. I'm sure we can fit two or three per room to make it easy on you. I plan on sleeping on the floor anyway, with my bedroll."

- d10 : 3, 7 (Charming/Persuasion +2) = 5, 9
"What? I didn't say lodging!" The barkeep adds, "three to a room, you say? Alright, then, I'll throw in one free room .... but your friends can pay for their own food and drink!"

Dioro wrote:Felix grabs a stool and takes the stage. He grabs his tiny guitar and creates a foot-stomping jig.
- d10 : 7 (+2 Performance +2 Charming) = 11
The inn's other patrons cheer and shout, throwing a few coins onto the stage for gratuity, and demanding another.
- OOC: We'll add up the total coins at the end of the evening.

Iris wrote:To the barkeep/innkeep, "Good sir, I require a hot bath with soap. If my sister starts to become a hassle, please send for me. I will be in our room after the bath."
OOC: -4 coin for wine, porridge and a bath.
The barkeep nods. "I'll have one of the servers bring the water and soap to your room, right away."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:47 pm

Malazek wrote:The barkeep nods. "I'll have one of the servers bring the water and soap to your room, right away."

After her bath, Iris begins studying her spell book. After a few hours of studying her spells, Iris feels enlightened. Offering a prayer of thanks to Wodana, Iris pulls out her notes from the Goblin Shamans cave and begins to study them, referring to her books when needed.

OOC: I guess I might need a Lore roll? Not sure. If so, +2 Lore from Wise advantage.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:47 pm

The member 'FutbolDude21586' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 10

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:11 pm

"So what kinda party are we bringin' to this place?" Jasmine asks, her words slightly slurring. She leans back, nearly slips from her seat, and returns forth with her fingers to her lips. "Shhhh," she says to no one in particular. "A drinking game! A drinking game!"

She nearly gives a standing ovation at Diorio's performance. "We've got a keeper here, sir. Mr. Inskeeper. Keeper. Hahaha." She doesn't seem to care that no one else finds this funny.

"Want to play a game?" she turns to Merrill and Gemma. "So every five minutes you have to find someone with which, in conversation, you insert the 'magic phrase.' (Repeat customers are fine, but not repeat statements.) If you fail, you take a shot. So our magic phrase is, 'He probably didn't mean to do it that hard, though.' Phrase can be changed any time by vote. Here goes." She slams another ale, one she mentally promises will be her last.

She approaches a well-dressed gentleman and his slightly older companion. "Good evenin' to ya." She feels rough around the edges, but emboldened by her buzz. "Did you hear about that poor sap down the lane who got caught breakin' the neighbor's peephole? Gotta feel for the fella. Crass gent, but he probably didn't mean to do it that hard, though." She then walks away from the bewildered couple.

"Ecchh, I wish I were clever," Jasmine spits. "This place seems a bit too high-end for me."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:14 pm

Thane will head over to the barkeep...

"I'll take the special, a mug of ale and a glass of water. I'll be at the table over there."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:03 pm

'Dioro' continues the songs until midnight and takes a break. He walks over and grabs a seat at the table.

To the bar maiden: "Porridge and water please."

"I reckon we riseth early? And findeth him in Dockin Town." He says quietly to the others.
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Jun 22, 2016 9:37 pm

"FEL...ORIO!" Jasmine greets the gnome enthusiastically. "Ermmm...lots of ways to lose your teat. Spose you heard about the cad up-vale and his wife. He probably didn't mean to do it that hard, though."

She looks at the others and shrugs. "Better? No?"
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:08 am

"So... speaking of Nalkor..." he whispers. "And his goblin lover; he probably didn't mean to do it that hard, though."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:16 am

Jasmine wrote:She approaches a well-dressed gentleman and his slightly older companion. "Good evenin' to ya." She feels rough around the edges, but emboldened by her buzz. "Did you hear about that poor sap down the lane who got caught breakin' the neighbor's peephole? Gotta feel for the fella. Crass gent, but he probably didn't mean to do it that hard, though." She then walks away from the bewildered couple.
The gentleman and his companion look thoroughly perplexed. "Um, what?" one of them says, as Jasmine walks away.

Thane wrote:Thane will head over to the barkeep...
"I'll take the special, a mug of ale and a glass of water. I'll be at the table over there."
"Thank you. I'll let your server know."

Dioro wrote:To the bar maiden: "Porridge and water please."
"I'll bring it right over," she says.

Dioro wrote:'Dioro' continues the songs until midnight and takes a break. He walks over and grabs a seat at the table.
- OOC: After a full night of playing at the tavern, Dioro should have 3 more coins (from tips) ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:58 am

Drakor makes his way over to the barkeep "I would like a mug of Ale and the special please, i will be at the table with the large party." leaves 2 additional coins above cost "those are for yer kind hospitality, thanks. Can i get 2 additional mugs of ale for those two quite ones in the corner over there." Drakor points over to Gemma's siblings sitting in the corner.
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:05 am

Drakor wrote:Drakor makes his way over to the barkeep "I would like a mug of Ale and the special please, i will be at the table with the large party." leaves 2 additional coins above cost "those are for yer kind hospitality, thanks. Can i get 2 additional mugs of ale for those two quite ones in the corner over there." Drakor points over to Gemma's siblings sitting in the corner.
"Aye. I'll have someone bring them right over."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Jun 23, 2016 10:57 am

Gemma smiles shyly at Jasmine, watching her attempt to insert the 'magic phrase' in a few conversations. "I fear that I am not as clever or as lively as you," she admits when Jasmine comes back to the table. She takes a sip of her water when it arrives, and later greets any new party members that some to the table.

"Felorio? Nice song. My name is Gemma, my siblings and I will be joining you on the hunt for Nalkor, tomorrow." Gemma will continue to give the same introduction to anyone who stops by from the party, and will make polite conversation if given the opportunity. After an hour or so, Gemma will meet her brother and sister at the door, and retire to the stable.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Thu Jun 23, 2016 12:35 pm

OOC: I'm a little confused about what we're getting for free from the tavern. My understanding was food, drink, and rooms, or is that just for Felix? She'll have porridge and ale for now.

"Gemma, do you want to share a room? I'm going to have an empty bed I think, so you might as well take it."
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:18 pm

Merrill wrote:OOC: I'm a little confused about what we're getting for free from the tavern. My understanding was food, drink, and rooms, or is that just for Felix? She'll have porridge and ale for now.
- OOC: Felix has one free room, with two beds. He said he was willing to sleep on the floor, meaning there are two free beds open (but he hasn't offered them to anybody, yet). Felix also has free food and drink, but again, only for himself. 

- OOC: Iris rented a room (which I assume Jasmine will be joining her in). Gemma also rented a stable-stall, for herself and her two siblings, but was then offered the extra bed in Merrill's room. I'm not sure who will be joining Felix (Thane, Drakor, or Taryk), but one of them is still without a place to stay.

- OOC: Also, everyone has had food and/or drink, at this point, except Taryk? He secured the center table, but hasn't posted since.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 38 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21 ... 38  Next