Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

+6
Alpha Omega
151prooftattoos
Somnium
TheDeadWillWalk
Fu3l3dGam3r
Malazek
10 posters

Page 28 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next

Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 28 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:03 am

Game Master wrote:- OOC: I'm waiting on Felix before I respond. I realize he hasn't posted in a week, but I texted him today. If he doesn't post by morning, then I'll post an action for him.
- OOC: Okay, I guess we've lost him for him now. I'l go ahead and post actions for him.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 28 Empty Re: Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor

Post  Malazek Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:41 am

As the party reaches the clearing, only Iris and Drakor bother to hide. The "dragon" swivels its head around to look at the rest of you, but then returns to its meal ... clearly convinced that you are neither a threat nor meatier than it's existing meal.

Start of the Round

Iris prepares herself, ready to heal the first of her allies to be injured.

Immediately, Miriam and Merrill fire their bows. The arrows sink into the monster's flesh, though perhaps not as deeply as you had hoped.

- OOC: While the dragony thing was ignoring you, it's defense TN was lowered. Going forward, however, it will be harder to hit.

Then, as Gemma mutters strange words of power, the horse rises to it's feat and frantically Begins to run. It is a terrifying sight. The "dragon," too, seems shocked and bewildered.

Taking advantage of the confusion, Jasmine rushes headlong into battle, reaching the enemy before it can even turn to face her.

Felix, who had originally planned to captivate the beast with song, decides that things are too dire and instead plays a song meant to rally and inspire his allies. Jasmine is the first to feel the motivating effects.

- OOC: Jasmine gains an extra temporary AP. If she spends it before the encounter ends, she gains an extra +2 bonus on whatever rolls are associated with that action.

Monster's Initiative

Finally, the "dragon" takes you seriously. It turns toward you and surveys the party for a moment. Then, it opens its mouth and releases a jet of flame at Merrill!

- OOC: I need a defense roll from Merrill. The TN is 9! So, if you roll a 9 or higher, you are safe. If you roll an 8 or less, then you suffer 9 points of fire damage (18 on a critical failure)! Don't forget to subtract your armor (so 7 or 16, really).

- OOC: After Merrill defends, I'll need actions from Drakor, Taryk, and Thane.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:30 am

Thane will launch a javelin at the dragon.

Character: Thane      Skills           Advantages
Max/Current HPs: 10/10Intimidation (+2)Strong(+3)
Max/Current APs: 10/10Melee (+2)Iron-Blooded(+2)
Movement Speed: 4Spellcraft (+2)Earth Magic: Basic
Unspent XPs: 9Defense (+2)Earth Magic: Rock Armor DR(4)

L. Stone Jav.(7) DMGStone Jav.(5) DMGPetrified Staff w/ Stone Inlay (+1)Spellcraft
* -2 penalty on all perception-related rolls and initiative rolls
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:30 am

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:29 pm

"Eek!"

OOC: Defense +2
OOC: 11! I wasn't expecting to succeed haha

Last edited by Somnium on Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:29 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:40 pm

OOC: I don't think anyone was expecting you to succeed! Good timing!
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Aug 04, 2016 6:55 am

Round 1 Continued ...

Fortunately, Merrill dodges the fiery blast, which strikes the ground behind her, leaving a path of charred dirt and grass.

End of the Round

Thane's stone javelin soars toward the "dragon," striking it cleanly just below the neck. The creature winces in agony, turning its gaze toward the half-giant.

Bargundir inches forward and calls out, "that's not a real dragon! It's a wyvern! And it's hurt! Kill it, now!!"

- OOC: More than a day has passed, so guess I'm posting for Taryk and Drakor.

Drakor sneaks forward, moving to a more advantageous position (at L20).

Since Merrill and Miriam's arrows proved effective, Taryk will fire his bow, as well. His arrow, too, sinks into the flesh of the "wyvern."

With so many arrows jutting from it's armored hide, the creature is obviously wounded ... but no less dangerous.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 28 Wyvern%20Round%202_zpsipnqoqwi

Start of Round 2 ...

- OOC: Okay, we're back to Merrill, Gemma, Miriam, Brody, Jasmine, Iris, and Felix ... you guys are taking this thing down a lot faster than I expected.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:19 am

Merrill will fire twice more, a little more cautious though with the patch of burnt earth behind her. 

OOC: +2 marksmanship
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:19 am

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 10

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 5

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:17 am

Gemma continues muttering strange sounds, and wings sprout from the horse! She directs the horse forward to kick the wyvern.

Miriam will continue to fire her arrow, just like last time.

Winged zombie horse attack, +0
Miriam's attack, +0
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:17 am

The member 'Glitz' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 2

#2 'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:53 am

Malazek wrote:- OOC: More than a day has passed, so guess I'm posting for Taryk and Drakor.

Drakor sneaks forward, moving to a more advantageous position (at L20).

--OOC: sorry i thought i posted yesterday, but i guess i never hit send.. :/
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:01 pm

Admin wrote:The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 10

#2 'd10' : 5
OOC: Is that a crit??

OOC: I assume no one is hurt since Merrill "dodged" the fire ball/blast?
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:35 pm

Jasmine roars and slashes at the creature, her blade making an arc toward the wyvern's scaled torso. She silently mutters pleas to the gods that she will be able to make contact; her blade has been often fickle as of late.

OOC: Melee + 2 = 8

Last edited by zappo168 on Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Aug 04, 2016 12:35 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 6

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Thu Aug 04, 2016 8:00 pm

With no one hurt, Iris will ready a heal again for the first party member hurt.

OOC: No one in particular just the first injured, but obviously if I cannot reach them (undead winged horse, Drakor and Jasmine) then I won't be able to heal them.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:34 pm

- OOC: We got home later than expected. I will post first thing in the morning.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:07 am

Start of Round 2 ...

Beginning of the Round

Iris remains at the ready.

Merrill and Miriam continue to plug the creature with arrows. One of Merrill's shots is especially deadly, sinking deeply into the creature's skull. The wyvern stumbles and howls, looking as if it could drop at any moment.

A split second later, the crazed horse sprouts a pair of wings and charges the wyvern! Although it fails to make contact, it's efforts force the wyvern to into a vulnerable position for Jasmine.

Jasmine capitalizes on the wyvern's weakened state, hacking at it's neck and setting it's head free! The head tumbles to the blood-soaked ground.

Felix points to the sky and shouts a warning, as a shadow passes over the party.

Wyvern's Turn

A frightening roar fills the sky, as a second wyvern arrives on the scene. Looking to avenge its fallen mate, it crashes to the ground next to Jasmine. With another roar, it thrusts it's heavy tail at Jasmine. As Jasmine tries to defend herself, she notices a wicked barb at the end of the creature's tail!

- OOC: I need a defense roll from Jasmine. The TN 9. Wyvern are especially dangerous. So, if you roll a 9 or higher, then you're safe. If you roll an 8 or less, you suffer 11 points of damage PLUS another 9 points of poison damage!! (That's 17 total, after subtracting your armor). If you roll a natural 1, the 11 is doubled; so, 27 total (Oh no!).

- OOC: Jasmine doesn't have the defense skill, but her melee skill allows her to roll defense at a +1. Also, don't forget that Felix inspired her last round, so she can spend that extra AP to gain another +2 bonus.

- OOC: Most poisons don't work this fast, but most of the references I found to mythical wyverns seemed to describe it this way.

- OOC: If Jasmine gets hit, Iris's readied action will trigger.

- OOC: Once resolve this attack, we can move onto to the lower initiatives.

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 28 Wyvern%203_zpsnr6ufqd2
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:53 am

A frightening roar fills the sky, as a second wyvern arrives on the scene. Looking to avenge its fallen mate, it crashes to the ground next to Jasmine. With another roar, it thrusts it's heavy tail at Jasmine. As Jasmine tries to defend herself, she notices a wicked barb at the end of the creature's tail!

- OOC: I need a defense roll from Jasmine. The TN 9. Wyvern are especially dangerous. So, if you roll a 9 or higher, then you're safe. If you roll an 8 or less, you suffer 11 points of damage PLUS another 9 points of poison damage!! (That's 17 total, after subtracting your armor). If you roll a natural 1, the 11 is doubled; so, 27 total (Oh no!).

- OOC: Jasmine doesn't have the defense skill, but her melee skill allows her to roll defense at a +1. Also, don't forget that Felix inspired her last round, so she can spend that extra AP to gain another +2 bonus.

Jasmine sees the tail smashing toward her and raises her shield, Felix's inspiring song ringing in her ears. The warrior roars as she feels the heavy barb smash against her shield, but she seems to have been spared any damage...yet.

OOC: 7 + 1 + 2 (using Felix's AP) = not-yet-dead-Jazzy

Last edited by zappo168 on Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:13 am; edited 2 times in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:53 am

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:32 pm

- OOC: Drakor, Taryk, and Thane are up.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:00 pm

Thane will hurl his second Javelin.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Aug 06, 2016 7:00 pm

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:45 pm

- OOC: Ugg, exhausted. Posting for Taryk and Drakor ...

End of Round 2 ...

Final Initiatives

Thane's javelin sails through the air, but misses. It crashed into the forest with a thud.

Drakor moves behind the wyvern and slashes at it with his daggers, but his attacks seem ineffectual against the monster's scaled hide.
- OOC: 9 and 5 to hit, but the daggers fail to deal enough damage to get over the wyvern's DR.

Taryk fires his bow again, sinking another arrow into the monster's flesh.
- OOC: 9 to hit, 5 damage.

Bargundir charges forward, growling and snapping at the wyvern. Although he fails to draw blood, the dragon-like creature does seem annoyed.
- OOC: Bargundir uses the "Harry" option from page 90 to lower the wyvern's attacks and defenses by 1. 

Round 3, back to the top of the initiative order ...

Adventure #2 -- The Nefarious Nalkor - Page 28 Wyvern%20Round%203_zpspdoh36vk
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 38 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 33 ... 38  Next