Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 26 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:32 am

Thane raises his armored arms in an attempt to shield himself from the blast.

Defense +2

Last edited by Alpha Omega on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 26 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:32 am

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:34 am

-OOC: Off to work, Felix will use next action (after the others' turns, to shoot a blow dart / if it is not killed by then).

Felix gasps as the fireball sears his chest (for 3pts damage).

"Kill that familiar!"

Last edited by 151prooftattoos on Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:49 am; edited 1 time in total
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Male Posts : 1264

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:38 am

Iris wrote:OOC: Were they able to tell what exactly the reagents were? Like Bloodleaf, Witch Moss or Norgan's Stool?
- OOC: Lol. Other than the Witch Moss that Merrill found, the other reagents were more common (and generic). I didn't feel like giving them names. If you want to collect them, though, both Iris and Merrill can use them to craft stuff, later on (for Apothecary and Alchemist, respectively). We'll say there's enough there for each of you craft one concoction from the player's document.

- OOC: At this point, you're only missing the Bloodleaf, right? Merrill handed you Witch Moss a moment ago, and you found Norgan's Stool on page 3.
Merrill wrote:- OOC: 4+3 defense roll, takes 5-2=3 damage.
Merrill tries to move out of the way of the fire, but is distracted by putting her knife away. She cries out as he blast hits her
Iris wrote:OOC: Defense roll: +2, padded armor, so -2 damage (if I'm wrong, correct me!).
- d10 : 7 (+2) = 9. No damage.
Thane wrote:Thane raises his armored arms in an attempt to shield himself from the blast.
- d10 : 9 (+2) = 11. No damage.
- OOC: So only Felix and Merrill took damage.
Felix wrote:Felix gasps as the fireball sears his chest (for 2pts damage).
"Kill that familiar!"
- OOC: Should be 3 damage, right? Light armor provides 2 points of protection. 5-2=3
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:51 am

Felix wrote:Felix gasps as the fireball sears his chest. "Kill that familiar!"
Felix will ... shoot a blow dart
The tiny dart strikes the rat, which suddenly slumps motionlessness. The fire consumes its fur, as its shoulders bulge outward and its tail begins to plump. Before your eyes, a pair of bat-like wings emerge from its shoulders, just before the fire reduces the entire corpse to nothing more than a pile of ash.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:43 am

"Damned heathen witchcraft... shall we inspecteth the other room and get thy books to their rightful owner?"
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:04 pm

OOC: I'm back. Sorry for my delay.. I moved to the new house over the weekend, then came down with the Flu.. I'm back to feeling 80%ish.
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Felix wrote:"Damned heathen witchcraft... shall we inspecteth the other room and get thy books to their rightful owner?"
- OOC: All of the rooms have been inspected. All that's left is to do is haul the books back to Jonrick.

Drakor wrote:OOC: I'm back. Sorry for my delay.. I moved to the new house over the weekend, then came down with the Flu.. I'm back to feeling 80%ish.
- OOC: S'all good, man. Glad you're feeling better.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:43 pm

Malazek wrote:
Felix wrote:"Damned heathen witchcraft... shall we inspecteth the other room and get thy books to their rightful owner?"
- OOC: All of the rooms have been inspected. All that's left is to do is haul the books back to Jonrick.

Drakor wrote:OOC: I'm back. Sorry for my delay.. I moved to the new house over the weekend, then came down with the Flu.. I'm back to feeling 80%ish.
- OOC: S'all good, man. Glad you're feeling better.

OOC: Jasmine and Merrill (I believe?) lugged the crates of books back to the entrance of the cave already. No worries! 
Glad you're feeling better, and have internet back, Drakor! Smile

Responding to Felix, "We still do not have the most important book, the one that Jonrick was most worried about getting back and the one that Nalkor has with him, the Morbus Malum. Sure, we can return these, but we must at least pick up his trail before we leave!" Iris pleads to the group.

OOC: Oh, and to answer your earlier question, Mal, we are just missing Bloodleaf for the apothecary.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:47 pm

Iris"We still do not have the most important book, the one that Jonrick was most worried about getting back and the one that Nalkor has with him, the Morbus Malum. Sure, we can return these, but we must at least pick up his trail before we leave!" 

"Agreed, even though I do not wish to continue squeezing through this cavern; we must finish what we set out to do."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:34 pm

Malazek wrote:
Felix wrote:Felix gasps as the fireball sears his chest. "Kill that familiar!"
Felix will ... shoot a blow dart
The tiny dart strikes the rat, which suddenly slumps motionlessness. The fire consumes its fur, as its shoulders bulge outward and its tail begins to plump. Before your eyes, a pair of bat-like wings emerge from its shoulders, just before the fire reduces the entire corpse to nothing more than a pile of ash.

"Well that was...weird," Jasmine states the obvious. "People wonder why I'm more comfortable wieldin' a sword."

She turns back to the group. "Next step seems to be to head on to Dockin Town to find Nalkor." She thinks about it a moment. "Ey, Dockin Town's a ways away. Maybe we should rush these back to Mr. Jonrick before they end up disappearin,' then head out on Nalkor's trail after. If we do leave 'em here, who knows what fate may come to 'em."
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:40 pm

Iris wrote:Responding to Felix, "We still do not have the most important book, the one that Jonrick was most worried about getting back and the one that Nalkor has with him, the Morbus Malum. Sure, we can return these, but we must at least pick up his trail before we leave!" Iris pleads to the group.
Thane wrote:"Agreed, even though I do not wish to continue squeezing through this cavern; we must finish what we set out to do."
Jasmine wrote:She turns back to the group. "Next step seems to be to head on to Dockin Town to find Nalkor." She thinks about it a moment. "Ey, Dockin Town's a ways away. Maybe we should rush these back to Mr. Jonrick before they end up disappearin,' then head out on Nalkor's trail after. If we do leave 'em here, who knows what fate may come to 'em."
- OOC: Indeed. With the party's current foot speed, it will take 21 days or so to reach Dockin on foot (and between 6 and 9 days, if you buy horses). Taking the books back to Jonrick in Twin Towns would also give you a chance to spend some of your coins on new supplies and better gear. It would also be a good spot for Glitz to jump into the party.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:08 pm

OOC: where am I in relation to the conversation? If i'm amongst the party, if not i make my way to the group: 

"I agree we should return what we have retrieved so far, and make our way to finding this Nalkor fellow. I never leave a job unfinished"
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:21 pm

- OOC: So, is everyone good with this plan, then? Hauling the books back to town and doing some shopping, before chasing after Nalkor?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:41 am

OOC: On the way back then Thane will check to see if the Warg is still there...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:47 am

Thane wrote:On the way back ... Thane will check to see if the Warg is still there ...
It is. As the party hauls the crates from the lair and down to the killing field, they see that the warg is still trapped within the rocky prison.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:48 am

Thane will check to see if the creature is conscious.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  151prooftattoos Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:50 am

-OOC: All for getting books to where they belong/ resting/ shopping.

"You seem a man of many 'shadowy' talents..." Felix says to Drakor. "Before entering town, thinketh thou couldst disguise me? Somewhat haveth a shadowy past... and some less than savory characters, mayhaps looketh to harm me."
151prooftattoos
151prooftattoos
Arcane Archivist
Arcane Archivist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:54 am

Thane wrote:Thane will check to see if the creature is conscious.
It is. The warg is struggling to break free, but since the prison was previously reinforced, it is basically impossible.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:08 am

151prooftattoos wrote:"You seem a man of many 'shadowy' talents..." Felix says to Drakor. "Before entering town, thinketh thou couldst disguise me? Somewhat haveth a shadowy past... and some less than savory characters, mayhaps looketh to harm me."

"Lets make you look more like a merchant er a dagger wielding fella like myself.?. You tell me whatcha want."

Drakor pulls out his disguise kit and will fashion a look to conceal Felix's true identity.

Roll (disguise):
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:08 am

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 2

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:12 am

Thane will approach the beast..

"Can you understand me?"
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:15 am

Drakor wrote:"Lets make you look more like a merchant er a dagger wielding fella like myself.?. You tell me whatcha want."
Drakor pulls out his disguise kit and will fashion a look to conceal Felix's true identity.
- d10 : 2 (+2) = 4
- OOC: Just to be clear, are you disguising him as a merchant or a dagger-wielder? Or both? If you're disguising him as a dagger-wielder, are you disguising his unique weapon, as well (it's pretty distinctive)? If so, how so?
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:16 am

Thane wrote:Thane will approach the beast..
Snarling, the warg stares contemptuously at the half-giant, as he approaches. 

Thane wrote:"Can you understand me?"
"Yes," the monster replies, through gritted teeth.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Jun 17, 2016 10:19 am

"During battle you said that goblins blackmailed you into service, could you go into more detail about this? I am willing to release you from your servitude and set you free but look to better understand your predicament." 
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27  Next