Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 13 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Admin Thu May 12, 2016 3:11 pm

The member 'Fu3l3dGam3r' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 13 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Thu May 12, 2016 3:12 pm

attack Roll 1 (forum roller):
attack Roll 2 (forum roller):
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 12, 2016 3:12 pm

#1 'd10' : 7

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 8

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu May 12, 2016 3:18 pm

OOC: So, on the goblin's turn ...

When the goblin attacks, Drakor takes advantage of an opening and stabs the goblin twice more ... leaving the particular goblin bloody and full of holes. He's a tough S.O.B., though, and refuses to drop.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Thu May 12, 2016 3:25 pm

Malazek wrote:Goblins turn ...

The bleeding goblin in front of Drakor takes a swing with his marred cudgel, attempting to bash-in Drakor's face.

- Drakor, give me a defense roll, please. TN 7. If you roll a 6 or less, you suffer 2 points of damage (4 from the cudgel - 2 from your armor = 2). If you roll a 7 or higher, though, your riposte advantage allows you to spend 1 AP in order to make another attack (which will actually require two attack rolls, since you dual wield).

The remaining two goblins draw their weapons (one axe, one mace) and charge into the fray; one of them closes ranks with Drakor (who now has two goblins on him), while the other rushes up to Taryk, ready to fight.

- OOC: Jasmine, Iris, and Thane, you're up.
OOC: Not built to fight, built to heal so here goes...

Iris witnessing the battle, moves up behind Taryk and begins intonations for her healing magic.

OOC: Move up a step, ready a healing action for any party member that gets hurt.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu May 12, 2016 6:16 pm

Thane will throw a javelin at the goblin Drakor was attacking. Then move to a blocking position to try and prevent the goblins retreat...

Last edited by Alpha Omega on Thu May 12, 2016 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 12, 2016 6:16 pm

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Thu May 12, 2016 10:17 pm

Jasmine moves up beside Taryk, a deadly serious look on her face. “Lemme take these guys,” she says under her breath. As they draw near, Jasmine pulls her sword back and hopes to make a well-aimed chop.

OOC: Attack - oh geez...facepalm.

Last edited by zappo168 on Thu May 12, 2016 10:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu May 12, 2016 10:17 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 1

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri May 13, 2016 7:55 am

End of ROUND 1 ...

Iris wrote:Iris witnessing the battle, moves up behind Taryk and begins intonations for her healing magic.
- OOC: Move up a step, ready a healing action for any party member that gets hurt.
Thane wrote:Thane will throw a javelin at the goblin Drakor was attacking. Then move to a blocking position to try and prevent the goblins retreat...
- Spellcraft = 'd10' : 3 (+2=5)
Jasmine wrote:Jasmine moves up beside Taryk, a deadly serious look on her face. “Lemme take these guys,” she says under her breath. As they draw near, Jasmine pulls her sword back and hopes to make a well-aimed chop.
- OOC: Attack - oh geez...facepalm.
Melee= 'd10' : 1 (Crit Fail)
- OOC: Not a good second half for the players ...

As Iris moves into position, Thane throws one of his heavy stone javelins at the goblins ... but misses. Meanwhile, Jasmine rushes up to attack, but but while drawing her sword back, she accidentally strikes Taryk with it.

- OOC: The damage to Taryk is only superficial; no need to subtract HP.

Start of ROUND 2 ...

- OOC: Top of the round, again. That means Taryk, Merrill, and Drakor, next ...
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Fri May 13, 2016 3:40 pm

Merrill will focus on on another goblin and fire two more shots.

OOC: I rolled a 2 and a 5 on my phone, both of those are +2, so a 4 and 7. I think the bow does 5 damage.
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Fri May 13, 2016 4:58 pm

Defense Roll
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 13, 2016 4:58 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Fri May 13, 2016 5:15 pm

Recoiling from the goblin's assault, Taryk loses his cool and decides he won't be satisfied until each gobo is a smoking ruin. He renews his electric onslaught. 

OOC: Spellcraft roll. One in front of me.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri May 13, 2016 5:15 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Fri May 13, 2016 9:30 pm

OOC: Going camping (primitive, i.e., no cell coverage) and won't be back until maybe Monday, definitely not until Sunday sometime. Repeat what I did last round, unless someone gets hurt in the meantime.
I have Basic Healing Magic and Aura of Benevolence.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat May 14, 2016 4:53 am

Start of ROUND 2 ...

Merrill wrote:Merrill will focus on on another goblin and fire two more shots.
- OOC: I rolled a 2 and a 5 on my phone, both of those are +2, so a 4 and 7. I think the bow does 5 damage.
Another one of Merrill's arrows strikes the back wall. Then, another strikes one of the goblins, staggering the wounded creature. Gritting it's teeth, it looks up at Merrill and snarl's menacingly.

Taryk wrote:Recoiling from the goblin's assault, Taryk loses his cool and decides he won't be satisfied until each gobo is a smoking ruin. He renews his electric onslaught. 
- OOC: Spellcraft roll. One in front of me. (8+2 = 10, 5 damage)
A storm of magical energy courses through the goblin, causing it to reel in pain. The foul creature convulses and he tightens his grip on the primitive mace.

- OOC: Heading to work. I'll post the goblin's actions after I get Drakor's next actions.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat May 14, 2016 9:54 pm

- OOC: Okay, it's been well over 24 hours. So, to keep things moving, I am going to assume that Drakor does the following ...
- First action: use Blotting Darkness to surround himself in impenetrable light.
- Second Action: Use Dual Wield to make two attacks. Attack rolls = 8+2+2=12 and Natural 10, dealing 3 and 4 damage.

Darkness seems to swallow up Drakor, as the rest of you hear the goblin's terrifying screams. A split second later, you hear a sickening thud, as the goblin's body falls to floor.

- OOC: Two goblins remaining.

The Remaining Goblins ...

Now facing an indistinct mass of darkness, the other goblin near Drakor looks down at his fallen comrade and cries out. "JO KALD KURD-AYE, JO BAZAR!" He takes a hasty swing at Drakor.

- OOC: Drakor, I need another defense roll (TN 7). Same drill as before. If you roll a 6 or less, you suffer 2 points of damage (4 - 2 from your armor = 2).* If you roll a 7 or higher, you have the option of spending another AP and making two more attacks on the goblin's turn.

The other remaining goblin, having just witnessed Jasmine whacking Taryk with his sword, begins to laugh ... but still manages to take a swing at Taryk.

- OOC: Taryk, please give me a defense roll. If you roll a 6 or less, you suffer 2 points of damage (4 from his mace -2 from your armor = 2). If you roll a 7 or higher, however, the you successfully defend against the attack.*

*In both cases, a natural 1 is a Crit Fail and you suffer 6 points of damage (8 from the goblin's crit damage -2 from your armor = 6)

- OOC: Jasmine, Iris, and Thane are up.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat May 14, 2016 11:02 pm

Jasmine narrows her…eye…and vows to make this hit count. “Think that’s funny, do ya? I’m gunna make you taste this one!” She stabs directly toward the laughing goblin’s throat.

OOC: No whammies, no whammies…
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 14, 2016 11:02 pm

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 7

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Sat May 14, 2016 11:52 pm

Drakor will grow his dark vapors to 3yds and unleash another set of attacks on the goblin.

Rolls (attack):

- GM EDIT: Since one of the goblins attacked you, I needed a defense roll, first. I'm going to go ahead and use the 4 that you just rolled (with your bonuses, that's a successful defense). Assuming you spent an AP to "unleash another set of attacks" with Riposte, the Natural 1 is a miss ... but then another attack was still needed. So, I rolled for you and got a 4 (+2=6). So, you inflict 2 points of damage to the fresh goblin.

Last edited by Fu3l3dGam3r on Sat May 14, 2016 11:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat May 14, 2016 11:52 pm

#1 'd10' : 4

#2 'd10' : 1

#3 'd10' : 4 (GM Roll)

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun May 15, 2016 11:30 am

Thane will throw his last javelin at the goblin mocking Jasmine.

melee is +2, but I don't think a 6 hits.

Last edited by Alpha Omega on Sun May 15, 2016 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun May 15, 2016 11:30 am

The member 'Alpha Omega' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 4

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 15, 2016 12:10 pm

End of Round 2 ...

Iris wrote:OOC: Going camping (primitive, i.e., no cell coverage) and won't be back until maybe Monday, definitely not until Sunday sometime. Repeat what I did last round, unless someone gets hurt in the meantime.
I have Basic Healing Magic and Aura of Benevolence.

Iris witnessing the battle, moves up behind Taryk and begins intonations for her healing magic.
OOC: Move up a step, ready a healing action for any party member that gets hurt.
Iris moves ever closer, ready to use her magic if the need arises.

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine narrows her…eye…and vows to make this hit count. “Think that’s funny, do ya? I’m gunna make you taste this one!” She stabs directly toward the laughing goblin’s throat.
Thane wrote:Thane will throw his last javelin at the goblin mocking Jasmine.
Jasmine's sword pierces the goblin's neck, silencing the laughter immediately. Before she can pull her blade free, one of Thane's stone javelins strikes the goblin, knocking its head clean off.

Start of Round 3 ...

- Drakor, Taryk, Merrill are up ...

- OOC: Before proceeding, however, I need a defense roll from Taryk.

Game Master wrote:The Remaining Goblins ...

The other remaining goblin, having just witnessed Jasmine whacking Taryk with his sword, begins to laugh ... but still manages to take a swing at Taryk.

- OOC: Taryk, please give me a defense roll. If you roll a 6 or less, you suffer 2 points of damage (4 from his mace -2 from your armor = 2) ... a natural 1 is a Crit Fail and you suffer 6 points of damage (8 from the attack -2 from your armor = 6). If you roll a 7 or higger, however, then you successfully defend and suffer no damage at all.

- OOC: Only one goblin is left. It's the one attacking Drakor. It is also surrounded by Drakor's blotting darkness, so any attacks directed at it are at -2.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 27 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 20 ... 27  Next