Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

+6
Admin
zappo168
FutbolDude21586
Fu3l3dGam3r
Alpha Omega
Malazek
10 posters

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next

Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 7 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  zappo168 Fri Apr 22, 2016 11:25 pm

“Go for the mount!” Jasmine cries. “We should keep the rider alive for questioning.” She continues her belated charge toward the duo, dashing just outside a yard’s space from the pair, her sword ready to slice into the warg.
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 157

Back to top Go down

Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin - Page 7 Empty Re: Adventure #1 -- The Road to Ruin

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:39 am

"I think we can keep both alive, but be ready if this fails."

Placing one hand against the ground and the other on his staff, Thane will start channeling his magic into the earth below

OOC: Ready an action to "root" the warg with earth magic when it is within ten yards.

SC: 8 (+3) = 11
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:56 am

OOC: I'm surprised no one is hurt yet.

Iris sees the two goblin archers fall and offers a quick prayer to speed their souls to the after life. With only the war and rider left, Iris abandons the treeline and heads straight towards her sister.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:12 am

Thane wrote:Placing one hand against the ground and the other on his staff, Thane will start channeling his magic into the earth below
OOC: Ready an action to "root" the warg with earth magic when it is within ten yards.
SC: 8 (+3) = 11
Iris wrote:Iris sees the two goblin archers fall and offers a quick prayer to speed their souls to the after life. With only the war and rider left, Iris abandons the treeline and heads straight towards her sister.
Quick Recap: Thane strolls forward and begins to cast a powerful spell. Meanwhile, Iris leaves the safety of the tree and hobbles after her sister.
- OOC: That puts Thane 29 yards from the warg and Iris only a couple of yards behind her sister.

BEGIN ROUND 4
Jasmine wrote:“Go for the mount!” Jasmine cries. “We should keep the rider alive for questioning.” She continues her belated charge toward the duo, dashing just outside a yard’s space from the pair, her sword ready to slice into the warg.
Thane wrote:"I think we can keep both alive, but be ready if this fails."
Quick Recap: Jasmine continues to move forward.

- OOC: Jasmine is now 13 yards away from the warg. 
- OOC: Taryk, Merrill, Drakor are up. (Drakor is now 15 yards from the warg, but will only be 7 yards away if he double moves again).

- OOC: Sorry about all the running. I really thought you guys would use stealth in this situation ... but once combat started, I decided to use this battle as a sort of "ranged stress test" for the playtest.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:18 am

FutbolDude21586 wrote:OOC: I'm surprised no one is hurt yet.
OOC: The Goblins are hurt.  Laughing
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:28 am

zappo168 wrote:“Go for the mount!” Jasmine cries. “We should keep the rider alive for questioning.” She continues her belated charge toward the duo, dashing just outside a yard’s space from the pair, her sword ready to slice into the warg.

Merrill turns her focus to the Warg, and shoots twice at it.

OOC: Marksmanship +2
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 140

http://www.theredactedfiles.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:28 am

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

#1 'd10' : 4

--------------------------------

#2 'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Fu3l3dGam3r Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:55 am

Drakor bobs and weaves still working his way to flanking the warg and rider.

--OOC: double move again

--OOC: im fine with this ranged stress test. i debated just using stealth and waiting, but this is making for a more interesting battle Wink.
Fu3l3dGam3r
Fu3l3dGam3r
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 84

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:03 pm

Taryk takes aim on the warg and fires off another arrow.

OOC: Marksman +2, 5 damage. (In keeping with his unpredictable nature, I also rolled percentile dice with 25% chance to shoot the goblin instead, but got 43%. Laughing
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Male Posts : 79

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:03 pm

The member 'TheDeadWillWalk' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Apr 23, 2016 2:56 pm

Merrill wrote:Merrill turns her focus to the Warg, and shoots twice at it.
#1 'd10' : 4 (+2 = 6), 5 Damage
#2 'd10' : 3 (+2 = 5)
Drakor wrote:Drakor bobs and weaves still working his way to flanking the warg and rider.
--OOC: double move again
Taryk wrote:Taryk takes aim on the warg and fires off another arrow.
#1 'd10' 3 (+2 = 5)
Quick Recap: As Drakor and Jasmine continue to race toward the enemy, Taryk and Merrill continue to fire arrows at them. One of the arrows sinks deep into the warg's shoulder, dropping the already injured monster to the ground. 

As the mount drops, the rider is thrown from the saddle.

Last Remaining Goblin
Realizing he is hopelessly outnumbered, the last Goblin climbs to his feet and starts to run. Surprisingly, the does not run back toward the cliff, but rather tries to weave a path between the lot you and towards the woods.

- OOC: For the sake of expediency, let's say that Drakor and Jasmine can both reach him with a single move on their next turn.

BEGIN ROUND 5
- OOC: Back to Thane and Iris. Obviously, Thane's readied action was ruined when the warg fell ... and the Goblin is still 21 yards from Thane. He could ready the same action against the Goblin, now, but it's likely that your party members will get to him first.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Apr 23, 2016 3:34 pm

Assuming the others were going to take care of the goblin, Thane will wander over to the Warg to confirm it is dead.

OOC: Thane was trying to keep the Warg alive so we could of had both a mount for Iris to navigate through the rocky mountain terrain on and a beast of burden.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:45 pm

Seeing the rider dash so nearby, Jasmine turns and makes a charge and leap at the goblin, trying to keep him restrained for the moment.

OOC: roll for brawl

Edit - forgot to use the forum roller, rolled through the WOtC site instead: 6
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:07 pm

Jasmine wrote:Seeing the rider dash so nearby, Jasmine turns and makes a charge and leap at the goblin, trying to keep him restrained for the moment.
- rolled 6
As Jasmine tackles the lonely Goblin, he surrenders, crying out "No, no ... it wasn't my fault! It wasn't my fault!"

- OOC: I'm going to call that the end of "combat" and we'll go back to role-playing the rest of the scene.
Thane wrote:Assuming the others were going to take care of the goblin, Thane will wander over to the Warg to confirm it is dead.
Thane discovers that the warg is still alive, but just barely: it's breathing is shallow and its blood is pouring freely into the surrounding grass.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Merrill will lower her bow, her eyes still scanning the area as she heads towards the goblin and Jasmine. "Not your fault, huh?"

OOC: Perception roll just to make sure the course is clear, no bonus
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:10 pm

The member 'Somnium' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 3

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  FutbolDude21586 Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:15 pm

Iris is taken aback at the brutality of the violence she's witnessing. However, she continues to hurry towards her sister and the remaining enemy.

"Thane, is it still alive? Do you think you could restrain it and keep it from hurting us if I heal it?" Iris asks, motioning towards the warg.
FutbolDude21586
FutbolDude21586
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 139

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:18 pm

Taryk ignores the interrogation for the moment and runs to check the archers for spare arrows and loot.
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:23 am

Somnium wrote:Merrill will lower her bow, her eyes still scanning the area as she heads towards the goblin and Jasmine. "Not your fault, huh?"
OOC: Perception roll just to make sure the course is clear, no bonus = 3
"No! No, it's not!" he cries, motioning toward the dead archers. "It was those two!"
Merrill does not see any sign of more archers.

Taryk wrote:Taryk ignores the interrogation for the moment and runs to check the archers for spare arrows and loot.
Taryk reaches the rocky cliff-side without problem and climbs to the top.* At the top, he finds the land densely packed with ever greens. A winding footpath separates the trees, disappearing into the forest. Knowing already where the path leads, he follows it around to another wooden ladder than leads up to the blind ... but the path also continues on, further up the hill.

- OOC: *there is a crude wooden ramp and two ladders available for ascending the cliff. All three are sturdy enough to climb.

One of the dead archers is lying on the ground, underneath the blind. Taryk has no trouble searching the corpse. He finds a crude wooden bow and nine equally crude arrows, a rusty knife, and three silver coins. The Goblin is also wearing a filthy suit of stitched together hide armor, some old boots, and some rather raggedy clothes. The only thing he has that's actually in good condition is his cloak, which is dark green and fastened by a wide brass button.

After climbing into the blind, he finds the other corpse equipped with similar gear: a crude wooden bow, seven crude arrows, a rusty knife, three silver coins, old stitched armor, and raggedy clothing. This one does not have a nice cloak, however, but instead has an silver flask, engraved with the image of a hawk and full of strong brandy.

- OOC: Moving to the cliff and searching both bodies should take a couple of minutes. So, I want to give everyone else a chance to post before continuing with this description.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  zappo168 Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:33 am

Jasmine has the goblin held from behind around the neck, keeping a threatening chokehold on him. “Listen to me, you puke-faced little thug,” she spits, “there was a robbery here not long ago. You’re going to tell me everything you know about it, whether it’s a whisper on the wind or something you saw or heard with ye’re own eyes. And if you don’t, I’ll crush your friggin’ windpipe and you’ll die slowly, gasping for air and choking on your own blood. You understand?”

OOC: Intimidation +2

Last edited by zappo168 on Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
zappo168
zappo168
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Apr 24, 2016 11:33 am

The member 'zappo168' has done the following action : Roll Dice!

'd10' : 9

Admin
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:10 pm

"Thane, is it still alive? Do you think you could restrain it and keep it from hurting us if I heal it?" Iris asks, motioning towards the warg.

"Yes, I can keep it restrained."

Thane will press his hand against the ground and form a prison of earth around the wargs legs and body keeping it pinned to to the ground.

..Looking to the goblin captive...

"This will be your fate if you do not speak up!"

Intimidation 4 (+2) = 6

OOC: Forgot the roll
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:08 pm

Jasmine wrote:Jasmine has the goblin held from behind around the neck, keeping a threatening chokehold on him. “Listen to me, you puke-faced little thug,” she spits, “there was a robbery here not long ago. You’re going to tell me everything you know about it, whether it’s a whisper on the wind or something you saw or heard with ye’re own eyes. And if you don’t, I’ll crush your friggin’ windpipe and you’ll die slowly, gasping for air and choking on your own blood. You understand?”
- 'd10' : 9 (+2=11)
The Goblin nods rapidly, stammering "Y-yea, yeah! I'll tell you everything! It was those guys! And, uh, and the guys inside! I ... I wasn't even there! I swear it! We were hired by a, uh, stranger ... in, uh, robes! Yeah! He took the book and let us have everything else! He's the one you want! Just ask the chief ... uh, Chief Mutspew."

Thane wrote:"Yes, I can keep it restrained." Thane will press his hand against the ground and form a prison of earth around the warg's legs and body, keeping it pinned to to the ground.
The warg appears to be trapped.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Somnium Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Malazek wrote:The Goblin nods rapidly, stammering "Y-yea, yeah! I'll tell you everything! It was those guys! And, uh, and the guys inside! I ... I wasn't even there! I swear it! We were hired by a, uh, stranger ... in, uh, robes! Yeah! He took the book and let us have everything else! He's the one you want! Just ask the chief ... uh, Chief Mutspew."
Merrill will look him over for anything that looks out of place
Somnium
Somnium
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDeadWillWalk Sun Apr 24, 2016 7:43 pm

Malazek wrote:Taryk reaches the rocky cliff-side without problem and climbs to the top.* At the top, he finds the land densely packed with ever greens. A winding footpath separates the trees, disappearing into the forest. Knowing already where the path leads, he follows it around to another wooden ladder than leads up to the blind ... but the path also continues on, further up the hill.

- OOC: *there is a crude wooden ramp and two ladders available for ascending the cliff. All three are sturdy enough to climb.

One of the dead archers is lying on the ground, underneath the blind. Taryk has no trouble searching the corpse. He finds a crude wooden bow and nine equally crude arrows, a rusty knife, and three silver coins. The Goblin is also wearing a filthy suit of stitched together hide armor, some old boots, and some rather raggedy clothes. The only thing he has that's actually in good condition is his cloak, which is dark green and fastened by a wide brass button.

After climbing into the blind, he finds the other corpse equipped with similar gear: a crude wooden bow, seven crude arrows, a rusty knife, three silver coins, old stitched armor, and raggedy clothing. This one does not have a nice cloak, however, but instead has an silver flask, engraved with the image of a hawk and full of strong brandy.

- OOC: Moving to the cliff and searching both bodies should take a couple of minutes. So, I want to give everyone else a chance to post before continuing with this description.
Taryk pockets the coins and the flask, then rolls up the cloak and tucks it under his arm.  He makes his way to the edge of the cliff and shouts to his companions below. 
"Quite the set up these guys have! Not sure what load of dung Mr. Personality's spewing at you down there, but it's quite obvious our benefactor was not the only person waylaid by these twerps!  They've got tree blinds--and ladders! They've dug in here. Probably sacked many travelers.  And there's a path further on! May lead to a lair."
TheDeadWillWalk
TheDeadWillWalk
Arcane Adept
Arcane Adept

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 27 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 27  Next