Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

3 posters

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future - Page 4 Empty Re: Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Post  Malazek Fri Mar 27, 2015 5:49 am

Elodie wrote:she anoints Talmut's lifeless body, and calls upon the spirits to allow him to return.
An hour later, Talmut's new body is done growing. It opens its eyes and looks around. Seeing his old body lying there, the new Talmut says "You brought be back? Thank you." Then, his eyes widen. He tugs his beard, ribs his fingers across his ribs, examines his fingers and toes, and then lets out a sigh of relief. Suddenly, he realizes that all of his equipment is on his old body. 

Embarrassed, he covers himself with his hands and moves to where his clothing and other gear are lying in ash. Rummaging through his old equipment, he gets dressed and saves what gear he can. (Fortunately, most of his magical gear survived).

OOC: He only remembers about half of the spells he had prepared.
Elodie wrote:"Who wants to turn into a bird and fly over to this dead beast's lair? Since we can't teleport at this very moment...we could at least travel quickly."
Gumphrey says, "Sure, why not. I get to be a bird now, too."

"You'll enjoy flying," Miphelgara says.

Talmut agrees. "It will be awhile before I can teleport us, again. Bird flight is probably our best option, right now."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future - Page 4 Empty Re: Adventures #7 & #8 - Jotun Valley and the Dragon Orbs -&- Bleak be the Future

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:04 pm

While the party is waiting for Talmut to come to life, Jeremiah will carve as many dragon scales off the corpse as he can. He will also snag a few trinkets like teeth,claws and horns. 

...while he is carving...

"Hey Gumph, is there anything in this cave?"

At the end of the hour Jeremiah will make a suggestion to teleport back to the Arx using his gloves, and when Talmut is able to teleport again they can head back to the Keep. He is fine however with either option...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Male Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:45 am

Jeremiah wrote:"Hey Gumph, is there anything in this cave?"
"I'll check," the Shadow Man answers. While Jeremiah is harvesting scales and teeth and talons, Gumphrey feels around the cave wall for for hidden latches and secret doors ... but he finds none. "Nope, just a cave."

Jeremiah wrote:At the end of the hour Jeremiah will make a suggestion to teleport back to the Arx using his gloves, and when Talmut is able to teleport again they can head back to the Keep. He is fine however with either option...
"... but shouldn't we go get the treasure, first? What if someone beats us to it?" Gumphrey asks.

Talmut suggests "Normally, I wouldn't worry about thieves stealing a dragon's hoard, but these wyrms are being controlled. So, it's possible their master will quickly realize what we've done. I'm afraid speed is of the essence."

"Can you scry ahead to see where it is? And find out if it's safe?" Miphelgara asks.

Talmut shakes his head. "Only if I use the powers of my staff."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Mar 28, 2015 10:21 am

"Talmut, you should use the Staff of Nu'ul to scry the location of the lair."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:07 am

Talmut nods and calls upon the ancient pacts of his house. After the magical energies return to him, he focuses his attention on the dragon, in order to discern as much information as possible before proceeding. When that task is complete, he focuses his attention on the dragon's lair in an effort to scry upon anything within.

- Cast Vision (Caster Level Check = 23). Talmut becomes fatigued.
- Cast Greater Scrying.

The entire process is much quicker than it used to be, but when all is said and done, the fabled summoner opens his eyes and says "This dragon was called Conphloggaro. He was compelled to the valley about seven moons ago. I know where his lair is, but it is guarded by traps and occupied by a small reptilian creature, acting as the dragon's seneschal. I don't think we'll have much trouble disposing of him."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:28 am

"How far is the lair from here, Talmut? I believe it would be best to fly there as finches or some other type of small bird...it would make us difficult to notice, and we would be fairly fast. Once we get there and get our loot, then we can use your gloves to teleport back to the Arx to rest, Jeremiah.  Now, who's ready to get bird-y?" Elodie pulls out a small feather and wiggles her fingers dramatically.

Cast Animal Shapes to transform everyone into finches - unless someone stops her
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Mar 28, 2015 11:57 am

Elodie wrote:"How far is the lair from here, Talmut?"
"About six miles."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:42 pm

"I'm fine with flying."
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:00 pm

The spirits of nature magically transform the entire party into tiny birds. Soaring from the cave, the Band of Four (erm, Five) flies north along the mountain tops, following Talmut's directions. The birds reach the dragon's lair with amazing speed, flying straight into the mountain top cave. Sitting close to the summit, cave itself looks nearly impossible to reach for most creatures. Yet, gigantic furniture made of stone and wood fill the halls. Clearly, it all once belonged to a wealthy giant of some sort; most likely a cloud giant or a storm giant ... but now, the cave is eerily abandoned.

The tunnel leaves you to a central cavern, where a pile of treasure has been piled up in the center. Here, you see the only creature living here (now that you've slain the dragon): a short, reptilian humanoid dressed in fine leathers and carrying a short spear. He  look longingly at the treasure in his master's absence. As birds, you are able to perch atop the few stalagmites in the corners. The foul creature glances up at you with disinterest.

On the floor you see a shiny axe of brilliant workmanship and a pair of stout, human-sized boots. On the other side of the room, you notice a purple, crystalline stone hovering in the air. And underneath all of that, lies treasure uncounted: emeralds, rubies, and diamonds; a platinum necklace with a jade pendant; and more platinum and gold than can be measured from your perch.

- OOC: 3 emeralds, 3 rubies, 3 diamonds (each worth 5000 gp). The necklace is worth 500 gp. 3000 Platinum pieces and 34,500 gold pieces. The axe, boots, and purple stone are magical.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Elodie will look to see if there is a stalagmite large enough inside of the cave to hide behind in her human form. If so, she will fly down and transform.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:58 pm

OOC: I was able to get a couple hundred pounds of red dragon scales for Elodie, Jeremiah and Gumphrey to use for crafting three smaller pieces of gear, like brestaplate, gloves, boots or braces. Or any combination of those, they will be stashed in Talmuts bag of holding...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:06 pm

OOC: Can we communicate in animal form? I would like to fly down 15 feet above the reptile, change shape and death from above attack him. But I believe Elodie needs to be the one to transform me back, and I would like to wait until she is in position behind her stalagmite.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:30 pm

OOC: We can't communicate except as birds...chirp chirp! But you can transform at your will as a full-round action.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:13 pm

Jeremiah, as a bird, will dive to within twenty feet of the the lizard man before starting to transform back to human form. Once in human form he will change his body position to dive axes first at him.

Acrobatics: +23
AotGS: 4 + 23 = 27 | Dmg: 11 + 4 (D6 Falling) = 15
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:49 pm

Elodie wrote:Elodie will look to see if there is a stalagmite large enough inside of the cave to hide behind in her human form. If so, she will fly down and transform.
The stalagmites in here are huge. Elodie flies down behind one, out of view, and transforms. Meanwhile ...
Jeremiah wrote:Jeremiah, as a bird, will dive to within twenty feet of the the lizard man before starting to transform back to human form. Once in human form he will change his body position to dive axes first at him.
... Jeremiah flies above the reptilian creature and reverts to his human form. As he drops to the ground, he comes down on the seneschal with his axe, cleaving the little guy cleanly into two halves. Both sides of him flop to the cave floor, spilling absurd amounts of blood.

- OOC: He only had 10 hit points.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Wed Apr 01, 2015 6:02 pm

Elodie springs out from behind the stalagmite, brandishing her wand ferociously. She is just about to barbecue the unsuspecting lizard-like creature with her fire magic when Jeremiah drops out of thin air and slices the creature in two.

Stowing her wand, she says, "Nice work. Shall we loot, now?"

Cast Detect Magic.
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:45 am

Dungeon Master wrote:On the floor you see a shiny axe of brilliant workmanship and a pair of stout, human-sized boots. On the other side of the room, you notice a purple, crystalline stone hovering in the air. And underneath all of that, lies treasure uncounted: emeralds, rubies, and diamonds; a platinum necklace with a jade pendant; and more platinum and gold than can be measured from your perch.
Elodie wrote:Stowing her wand, she says, "Nice work. Shall we loot, now?"
Cast Detect Magic.
You find 3 emeralds, 3 rubies, 3 diamonds (each worth 5000 gp)
You find a platinum necklace with a jade pendant (worth about 500 gp)
You find 3000 Platinum coins and 34,500 Gold coins.
You find a pair of magical boots.
You find a magical axe.
You find a magical purple stone hovering in the air, a few inches off the ground.

After using her magicks, Elodie discovers that boots hold a moderate aura of transmutation magic, the axe has a strong aura of conjuration magic, and the purple stone has a strong aura of evocation magic. The spell also reminds her that the lamp on Jeremiah's belt has a strong aura of conjuration magic.

Boots of Speed
As a free action, the wearer can click his heels together, letting him act as though affected by a haste spell for up to 10 rounds each day. The haste effect's duration need not be consecutive rounds.

The Wyrm Slayer's Axe
This +2 axe was dropped long ago, by one of the dragon's fallen enemies. Against dragons, the axe's enhancement bonus is +4 and it deals an extra 2d6 points of damage against dragons.

Purple Prism of Jacobany
This vibrant purple prism always floats in the air and must be within 3 feet of its owner to be of any use. When a character first acquires a stone, she must hold it and then release it, whereupon it takes up a circling orbit 1d3 feet from her head. Thereafter, it must be grasped or netted to separate it from its owner. The owner may voluntarily seize and stow the prism, but loses the benefits of the stone during that time. (The stone has an AC of 14, 10 hit points, and a hardness of 5). The prism can hold up to five levels of spells that the wearer can cast. Each spell has a caster level equal to the minimum level needed to cast that spell. The user need not provide any material components or focus to cast the spell and there is no chance of arcane spell failure while wearing armor. The activation time for the prism is the same as the casting time for the relevant spell, with a minimum of 1 standard action.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:18 pm

OOC: Whats that about 22k a piece? I'm assuming the axe goes to me, the prism to Elodie and the boots to Gumph. Does that sound good Shaunna?
OOC: I guess we should rub the lamp and see what kind of trouble it gets us into as well Smile
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:33 pm

OOC: That division sounds good!

"Why don't we wait and check out the lamp after we've rested at the Arx? Ooooh, I've always wanted one of these." Elodie reaches for the purple prism. "Gumphrey, how about those boots?"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Fri Apr 03, 2015 3:50 pm

Gumphrey tries on the boots. He struts around for a moment, and then says "Theydon'tseemtodoanythingWaitwhyareyouguysallmovingsslow?" After a second, he settles down and ponders his new footwear.

"Probably just a burst of stored power from the boots," Talmut says. "You should be able to control it better, once they're broken in."

Gumphrey nods, "Yeah, hopefully."

"Well, that was fast."
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Fri Apr 03, 2015 5:53 pm

Jeremiah will grab the axe...

"Well if we got everything, shall we go?"

Elodie wrote:"Why don't we wait and check out the lamp after we've rested at the Arx?

OOC: Yea, I said that out of character. I wasn't trying to imply we tempt fate now. I just wanted to mention it out of character so we could all remember. I was tired when I posted, I should have been clear about it. Sorry...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sat Apr 04, 2015 10:02 am

OOC: No worries! I get it now. Sounds like a plan! Hope you got some rest!

Elodie will begin scooping coins into the magical bag attached to her belt. "We can divvy this up at the Arx," she says. Once all of the coins have been picked up, she will dust off her hands. "Now I'm ready!"
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:18 pm

As soon as everything is gathered up, Jeremiah will suggest using his gloves to get back to the Arx; unless Talmut has a teleport spell ready...
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:41 pm

With no teleportation spells left to use, Talmut agrees that the gloves are the best course.

Assuming everyone is ready ... Jeremiah is able to transport everyone back to the Arx, which looks exactly how you left it.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post  Alpha Omega Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:19 pm

Jeremiah will stash his 22k in the Arx vault along with the dragon scales and some of his other trophies and loots. After which he will clean himself and his gear up and see if the party wants to rest before continuing their journey.
Alpha Omega
Alpha Omega
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10 ... 17  Next