Arcane Asylum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Notifications Not Sending

2 posters

Go down

Notifications Not Sending Empty Notifications Not Sending

Post  Malazek Sun May 01, 2016 12:18 pm

Since this forum has been up, several people have mentioned to me that the forum has "stopped" sending them notifications from certain topics/threads. I'm not exactly sure what causes that, but I think it only sends a notification following the first post after your last post in that topic. Does that seem to fit with what people are seeing? Let me know.

At any rate, you can control what the forum sends you notifications for. In your profile setting, there is a tab called "notifications." You can toggle the item you want to be notified about.

There is also a tab called "topics being watched." There, you can see which topics you're watching and potentially deselect the ones you don't want to watch.

Also, at the bottom of each topic/thread, on the right, below the page number buttons, it will either say "watch this topic for replies" or "stop watching this topic." By clicking those words (like a link), you can either start or stop watching a specific topic.

Today, I altered my notification settings and stopped watching all topics. I then specifically started watching Adventure #1 again. I don't know if "turning it off and turning it back on again" will fix anything, but I wanted test how the forum behaves when I only have one topic to watch.

If anybody notices a specific pattern to when the notifications are failing, please let me know.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Notifications Not Sending Empty Re: Notifications Not Sending

Post  Glitz Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm

test 1
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Glitz Sun May 01, 2016 12:22 pm

test 2
Glitz
Glitz
Asylum Arcanist
Asylum Arcanist

Female Posts : 945

Back to top Go down

Post  Malazek Sun May 01, 2016 12:25 pm

Thank you, Glitz. I received e-mail notifications from both posts (even though I checked the forum between the first and second posts). So, my initial theory was either wrong or in need of refinement. At this point, I'm not sure what causes it to notify people sometimes and not other times. I guess it's time for some Google-fu.
Malazek
Malazek
Asylum Administrator
Asylum Administrator

Male Posts : 4010

https://arcaneasylum.rpg-board.net/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: